• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
DSC_6557.JPG

Are these alden 908s, acridsheep? I like them a lot.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace
Solid light blue oxford would have worked better than the striped shirt.

Yeah, shirt (and maybe even pin-dot tie) looks a little too formal in this get up. A button-down would tie it together better. Also, Spoo, I like the jacket pattern and color, but I'd be curious to see it with lighter pants. Light gray flannel? Tan drill? A little more Spring. Dark bottom, light top is a tough combo.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
& I'm off!
HKG, SIN, SHG & BJG in 14 days - Oh help me GAWD
110426072.jpg

110426074.jpg

Cheesy grin care of my Nephew who just cracks me up..

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabric of the jacket looks great, PG, colour and texture. What is it?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Fabric of the jacket looks great, PG, colour and texture. What is it?
- Ariston line in denim herringbone weave. Another P Johnson, same cut as the last few that divides the nation..

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- Ariston line in denim herringbone weave. Another P Johnson, same cut as the last few that divides the nation..

Looks great and shows (with some of your other examples) that a navy jacket doesn't exist, there's are lots of navy jackets"”all with their own characteristics and look-and-feel. I can't imagine myself getting bored with navy jackets (same goes for blue shirts, for example).

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
& I'm off!
HKG, SIN, SHG & BJG in 14 days - Oh help me GAWD
110426074.jpg

Cheesy grin care of my Nephew who just cracks me up..

I rather like the smile. It adds something that even the best of fits cannot.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UpperCrust:

I just noticed the cuff links. "Noble"

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
Trying to find some actual applications to wear this tie in.
The tie is actually quite nice. The outfit you're wearing with it, is not. It's the shirt that's the problem IMO. Try any of: charcoal or mid grey suit, white shirt (or predominantly white with grey or black hair's width stripes at most), black shoes. Or navy suit, same shirt and shoes. Or using a similar outfit to yours: navy jacket, grey trousers, pale blue shirt and black loafers.
Originally Posted by upr_crust
I made alterations to me, instead of the suit - today's fit is better, IMHO.
No doubt about it; miles better. Congratulations on the ongoing weight loss.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Originally Posted by MBreinin
This really looked best with my black and white longwing specs...but the boss is in the office and I don't feel like hearing the "costume" comments today.....
Feels a bit disjointed to me. Perhaps it's the very dark tie and the patterned shirt. The jacket/trouser combo is pleasant though.
& I'm off! HKG, SIN, SHG & BJG in 14 days - Oh help me GAWD
Enjoy the trip! At least it's only two weeks, rather than more spread out. I like the red/white square with today's outfit. The splash of colour reminds me of those old fairy tale illustrations with the hero setting out on their long journey with all their belongings wrapped in a large red/white handkerchief tied to a stick. If the association was unintended, that just makes it all the more wonderfully appropriate! A much cooler/more overcast day, so I'm having to bring the bright colours and flowers myself:
UwWK7.jpg
Not one of my favourite suits; I prefer a little more shoulder structure generally, but it's nice and light for spring/summer.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
This really looked best with my black and white longwing specs...but the boss is in the office and I don't feel like hearing the "costume" comments today.....

FuckCBD1.JPG

FuckCBD2.JPG

I would prefer this fit with oxblood shoes (like mine, for instance). I also would probably pick a patterned silk square too.

I really need a patch-pocket SC. I hate you styleforum.

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I've done this combo a few times before but I like it. Don't think I'll be able to get a whole lot more wear out of this or my other flannel suit since it doesn't really fit very well and I doubt my shoulders are going to shrink in size any time soon. Didn't notice the knot until I took pics and too lazy to bother fixing it.

tumblr_lk77o5QnsW1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lk7ekyMzUI1qcq3abo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lk7e0fr4AE1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

This tie is pure secks...​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads