Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navi

Navi Senior member

Trying to find some actual applications to wear this tie in. Went for a bolder look today, feel like it was mostly a fail but meh. Power clashing? [​IMG] [​IMG] Did I overdo the waist on this jacket? [​IMG] [​IMG] These trousers are too baggy [​IMG] And forgot to censor my gross room. Fuck it!

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Not 100% on that tie, but if you must, charcoal suit, white shirt (or very pale blue) and white ps.

3. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

A pretty coat. The ticket pocket makes it classy. The shoes!!! [​IMG]

4. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

acecow--that bag in the picture Saturday errands is mad feminine.

No man should have an unisex cotton tote...go look again. I'm serious by the way.. reevaluate that

Firstly, I want you to now that this is a discussion not an argument. No straight man should own that bag. If you are gay then I understand...I have nothing against them,teh gheys that is.

At first, I thought you were having a laugh, but are you seriously serious? A navy tote with orange straps is "mad feminine"? But it's okay if he's gay? Perhaps cronictroll would be a better name...

5. Navi

Navi Senior member

Not 100% on that tie, but if you must, charcoal suit, white shirt (or very pale blue) and white ps.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. It's a cool design but as with most things Etro, difficult to actually pull off. [​IMG]

6. acecow

acecow Senior member

At first, I thought you were having a laugh, but are you seriously serious? A navy tote with orange straps is "mad feminine"? But it's okay if he's gay? Perhaps cronictroll would be a better name...

Actually, it is red and navy, pretty standard combination. My camera phone is crap and white balance is retarded, so red looks more like orange. But honestly, I think that bag is fine for what I use it for.

7. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Great suit, great tie, the problem is that they don't go together. The tie would be amazing with a blue shirt and tan jacket or suit. The green tie needs earth tones as a compliment or to compliment.

The suit, has an attractive light blue over plaid going through it. Highlight that. I assume from the pics that it is blue over a black POW. My suggestion would be to either wear a medium blue shirt and a solid black tie knit tie or keep the white shirt and get a blue and black rep tie or blue and black knit like these from this thread:
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=230118

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

Do either of these do it for you??? I think both of them would be classic especially with your white pocket square.

[​IMG]

8. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

^ There's no light blue IRL. That was a trick of the lighting (maybe the blue sky). Suit is straight up black and white glenplaid. I just wanted to keep a neutral background to let the tie stand on its own.

9. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

^ There's no light blue IRL.

I can see a light blue over plaid pattern on your suit clearly on my monitor. Any chance you have trouble distinguishing yellows and blues?? It is common. Especially light blues.

Regardless, the tie isn't the right choice for that suit with or without the blue over plaid. It needs earth tones like a tan suit. The ties I suggested would be appropriate for the suit even without the light blue over plaid.

10. either/or

either/or Senior member

[​IMG]

11. Navi

Navi Senior member

I can see a light blue over plaid pattern on your suit clearly on my monitor. Any chance you have trouble distinguishing yellows and blues?? It is common. Especially light blues.

Regardless, the tie isn't the right choice for that suit with or without the blue over plaid. It needs earth tones like a tan suit. The ties I suggested would be appropriate for the suit even without the light blue over plaid.

I see it too. Also, luftvier, I always feel like your fits would benefit from some different collars; have you tried any that have a nice spread? Might just be me but I'm not a fan of being able to see the tips of shirt collars, especially when they have that curled-look to them. Just a suggestion!

12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I understand both points. Seated poses tend to emphasize every ounce of excess avoirdupois - the pose that I took in today's "extra" shot avoided most of that phenomenon. Trust me, I am more than somewhat sensitive to looking fatter than IRL.

Hadn't even thought about the "fattening effect". I just think sitting poses tend to look er... not so good.

The extended version was a pleasure to read. Thank you.

13. either/or

either/or Senior member

The extended version was a pleasure to read. Thank you.

-you are just teasing, right? 'verdomme I need my snark fix!

14. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

My first waywn post. This is what I taught in today. Had to snap it fast. Can't wait to learn.

Tie looks a bit cheap / dated.

15. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    acecow--that bag in the picture Saturday errands is mad feminine.
    I'm not a fan of totes, either, but if anything is mad feminine in this discussion, it's the phrase, "mad feminine."

Some might even say it's fierce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.