• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambrosi Napoli

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Anywhere there's heat/sun involved, you can expect some form of added time.

Don't forget humidity.

- M

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
foo.gif
done get fucked?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert
as an australian, im going to take offence at the comment some time next month

Good point. Now we're talking about culture, not climate.

quar

Reaction score
I enjoy the passive-aggressive exchanges between Foo and NYR. That is all.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reality is that true craftsmanship is hard to come by in this world. The other reality is that we expect people to under promise and over deliver. If you you want the former, you might need to relax your requirements for the latter.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Ha ha, now it's class warfare.

Class has got nothing to do with it. Although, that you think so only goes to prove the effectiveness of NYR's constant insinuation to the contrary. I get it now. Poor tailors, poor schoolteachers. Can't stop making clothes, can't stop buying them. Can't think for themselves, apparently.

Originally Posted by scruff
******* twit.

What, don't like 'em big words?

Originally Posted by quar

Didn't realize I was being passive.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm imagining some kind of show-down, MIchael Jackson Beat-it style, in the Spanish Quarters.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quar
Really? One guy paid lots of money for pants. These pants are good value and but also expensive. He has no money and no pants. The other guy spouts off about business without knowing anything about business. Skimming his posts hurt my brain. The whole idea that bigger companies necessarily have poor customer service and bigger companies produce lesser quality garments is bunk. The owner chooses to expand and chooses his level of customer service/quality in the people he hires. Blaming this mythical evil business thing is idiotic.

quar

Reaction score
Clearly when Foo stated that "nobody" puts more handwork into pants, he was referring to makers that he is aware of. We all know that. NYR coming in and randomly slaying him for that comment came across to me as insecure and unnecessary. Obviously there was some sarcasm in my description of this exchange as "passive-aggressive".

quar

Reaction score
And that BS that NYR is trying to sell about SF ruining SA's reliabilty and level of service is rubbish. I couldn't agree more with what iammatt has said. Certainly in the business I am in, I refrain from taking on more work than I can handle, so why wouldn't we expect the same of our tailors.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viktri
The other guy spouts off about business without knowing anything about business. Skimming his posts hurt my brain. The whole idea that bigger companies necessarily have poor customer service and bigger companies produce lesser quality garments is bunk. The owner chooses to expand and chooses his level of customer service/quality in the people he hires. Blaming this mythical evil business thing is idiotic.

Who's blaming "this mythical evil business thing"?

No one is blaming Ambrosi for wanting to expand his business, it's just that he's making a mess of it. To some extent it's understandable; these guys are trouser-makers, not businessmen. If they were doing good business making trousers as a father-son team in their Naples workshop, I really wonder how they intend to maintain quality control and reliability while spending half their time touring the world to take orders. Presumably they'll move to the standard cutter-tailor bespoke model, but I don't see how they will continue to surpass all of their competitors in quality while maintaining lower prices, the way they have in the past. The point is that they will need to figure it out, and there will be growing pains and compromises, but their current customers - especially ones who have helped them build their brand - should not suffer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads