• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People with pictures of themselves in their Avatar?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
I do not understand why anyone (except maybe Tom Ford) would post a picture of themselves in their avatar.

I can only assume that they:
1.\tHave a great sense of humor and find the picture in question to be hilarious
2.\tSomehow think that the picture in question is the epitome of style
3.\tAre a duche

I understand pictures of movie stars, pictures of hot women, pictures of your kids/dog, I even understand pictures of your car (as I am a car guy and belong to various car forums).

Anyone with any insight of the psychological process one goes through ones head in order to make this decision?

I used to see a girl that thought she was so hot: she had pictures of herself on her desktop, on her desk, on her cell phone wallpaper etc. I guess it reminds me of that and I am trying to understand it.

Wait. You aren't the dog on the left?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Wait. You aren't the dog on the left?

Nope, I'm the dog on the right.

w.o.e.is.me., that is a bad-ass picture and avatar worthy.

andrew96

Reaction score
A photograph is much more recognizable to the human eyes than words, and more understandable to the brain. Furthermore, a human face is instantly remembered when seen, even the most intricate detail. Thus, if an avatar is a small representative photograph of you, using anything other than yourself is incorrect.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andrew96
A photograph is much more recognizable to the human eyes than words, and more understandable to the brain. Furthermore, a human face is instantly remembered when seen, even the most intricate detail. Thus, if an avatar is a small representative photograph of you, using anything other than yourself is incorrect.

So, are you Betty White?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
I'm convinced. I've been a "duche," clown, in love with myself asshole with my avatar. But I think OP's avatar is nice.

Why would you steal somone else picture? Those are my kids. Do you download other member's pictures of their kids? No one cares about YOUR avatar, this is a discussion of avatars in general and what they represent.

Going online and downloading pictures of people's family memebers and their kids is very creepy!

Lasbar, you may want to reconsider your avatar.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
I know immediately upon seeing Lasbar's avatar that he is a good person who understands what is important in life. I look forward to his avatars. There is nothing creppy about it at all.
Thanks Lasbar, you have increased the quality of this forum.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
I know immediately upon seeing Lasbar's avatar that he is a good person who understands what is important in life. I look forward to his avatars. There is nothing creppy about it at all.
Thanks Lasbar, you have increased the quality of this forum.

Sir, you misread. No one is saying Lasbar is creepy. Someone took my avatar (which is a picture of my kids) and decided to ues it as their avatar. That was creepy.

Lasbar's daughter is beautiful. I was simply warning him of creeps downloading other people's pictures and using them as their own.

either/or

Reaction score
I think Patek missed out on the avatar-stealing meme that has been going on and took it personally.

-nice new avatar acrid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads