• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People with pictures of themselves in their Avatar?

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
Yes, I guess I missed that and was a little weirded out as my avitar depicts my family. Though they are dogs, they are my family and family pictures are a little too private to have people downloading IMO.

So you overlooked the obvious function of the avatar as a digital representation of oneself and refer to your dogs as if they are people?

Thats two strikes against your intelligence.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The avatar is only a picture. It can be useful to identify some posters while skimming though a thread.

BTW I chose a Beijing Opera mask, because it's distinctive, something I like and I'm in China.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow you guys get trolled pretty easily

PTWilliams

Reaction score
What would you recommend for my avatar. I don't even have one yet and I can't even be the subject of praise or ridicule in this thread. I am irrelevant.

As far as I am concerned, everyone's avatar is exactly what it is suppose to be. Once, SpooPoker actually used a picture of me as his avatar, one with me in a sports jacket while wearing shorts, I thought it was funny as hell (not the picture, just that it was a cleaver idea). Acridsheep uses a somewhat self-depricating picture of himself, shows me he doesn't take himself too seriously. MBrienen shows he can be a fun guy. I make a joke about some people posting avatars of whom they'd like to sleep with, and SpooPoker removes the avatar of his hand (guess I touched a nerve there), ruined my joke, but the day is still young.

Lasbar is nice enough to share pictures of his daughter, something I look forward too seeing. It would be boring if everyone did it, but one guy, great.

Its like wearing pink jeans. Everytime I wear them people stop me to tell me how neat they are, but if everyone wore them, they'd get stretched out of shape and no longer pretending we aren't gay. In addition, the streets would be flowing with puke, including mine (I am somewhat of a fashion icon at my daughters high school).

Guys, we don't want to see naked pictures of yourselves, but anything else is probably fine, so long as it isn't mean spirited its even OK to be somewhat offensive.

Dogs? outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend, inside of a dog its too dark to read.

Well ,those are my principles and if you don't like them, I've got others.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
Lighten up, Patek. And stop referring to your dogs as your kids.

My dog is my first daughter. Love her like my human kid.
plain.gif

I think everyone agrees that Spoo is TF undercover. He trolls SF to get inspiration for next season.

You guys OK with peak lapels and tapered waists again, right? FW11 is kick ass!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
thanks. its not me btw, its kanye west.
my ego manifested in human form.

Excellent.

Originally Posted by Mr_Incognito
Yes I do, Why do you dress well on Styleforum than anywhere else?

You should see what I wear when I post. You'd change your mind.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Once, SpooPoker actually used a picture of me as his avatar, one with me in a sports jacket while wearing shorts, I thought it was funny as hell (not the picture, just that it was a cleaver idea). I make a joke about some people posting avatars of whom they'd like to sleep with, and SpooPoker removes the avatar of his hand (guess I touched a nerve there), ruined my joke, but the day is still young.

My avatars the past few weeks are a running SF meme theme, of which you are involved. Im sure your Kiton jeans/Ferrari jacket will make another run shortly. No nerve touched.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
^ Spoo, you know how I feel about my pup. He is still not my kid though, as he only brings joy.

BA dum dum.

LOL thats not a pup, thats a horse. Your dog weighs more than my wife
lol8[1].gif

IsteRed

Reaction score
I like yours.

Is that you?

Yes,I think that everyone should post their photos as their avatars,so you'll know who you are talking to.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IsteRed
Yes,I think that everyone should post their photos as their avatars,so you'll know who you are talking to.

^
uhoh.gif

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
What would you recommend for my avatar. ... Well ,those are my principles and if you don't like them, I've got others.
My relationship with Felix the Cat is a bit difficult to explain but whenever possible, I use this as my avatar unless site restrictions prevent it (as with SF, unfortunately
plain.gif
).
It makes it easier for my various fora friends to find me. When I am unable to use it, I look for a version of Felix that fits the purpose of the site. Hence my choice of my current avatar. "tailored" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) for this site.
...although I almost went with...
418GriVkaZL_SL500_AA300_.jpg
before I found the one I use. I know people who have used the same one for years regardless of the forum and others who swap avatars like pocket squares but follow a theme. (I've seen more wolf avatars from one person than I ever thought could have existed and now could not imagine him as anything else.) Maybe I'm overthinking it. I dunno.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisb0109
So you overlooked the obvious function of the avatar as a digital representation of oneself and refer to your dogs as if they are people?

Thats two strikes against your intelligence.

Wow, some people take SF and life way too seriously. Not sure what is in the water down there in Savanna, but since I go there twice a year I will make sure to bring bottled.

My dogs are my family. I killed the rest of may family with a blunt machete over a Christmas present dispute when I was 12 and now the dogs are all I have.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
LOL thats not a pup, thats a horse. Your dog weighs more than my wife
lol8[1].gif

This dog must be over 70 kg...

I hope your wife is lighter than that.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmmmm...been trying to think of a new avatar. I think the avatar should symbolize your style and your personality. If that's your picture then fine but I really don't want to know what everyone looks like. Well maybe Vox.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Wow, some people take SF and life way too seriously. Not sure what is in the water down there in Savanna, but since I go there twice a year I will make sure to bring bottled.

My dogs are my family. I killed the rest of may family with a blunt machete over a Christmas present dispute when I was 12 and now the dogs are all I have.

Who is being serious?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I happen to be a world famous international DJ. When I'm not jet setting the world or rocking parties in Ibiza, I like to learn about fashion and style form the SF folks

confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads