• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^mmmm that looks good!

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC437
Is home brewing a good experience??? I might give it a try. They have all types of hops, malt, etc.. at the whole foods downtown.

Drank a B.O.R.I.S. the crusher tonight (not the barrel aged). Pretty good. But I prefer Breakfast Stout.

I started this a few months ago. You'd be surprised at how good the beers even after a few attempts. Would be tough to do in NYC due to space constraints, though.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
I'd check out the Binny's in Elmwood Park on North Avenue or Famous on Madison, you might get lucky...

For sure. I wonder if Marion Street will get some as they often have a lot of GI's limited releases?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt it, but it seems to be leaking out slowly and randomly for some reason. I'd ask whoever the beer buyer is and try and find out, I am on the hunt for Firestone Walker Abacus right now, so if you happen to come across it let me know!

Reaction score
Almost anything out of Stone Brewing. Arrogant Bastard, Levitation... even a couple of their stouts, which is noteworthy because I'm definitely not a fan of stouts.

It depends on the circumstances, though... if I'm pairing it up with a meal I'll usually go for a brown ale or a lager. If I'm just in the mood for a beer, IPA. The hoppier, the better. I want my IPAs to have an IBU past the human threshold. There's a brewery in Georgia called Terrapin. They've got a couple IPAs called "Monks Revenge" and "Hopsecutioner." Great stuff. I just cracked open a bomber of Sierra Nevada's 30th Anniversary Helles Bock and it was really good. Rogue Hazelnut Brown was also very good; the only Rogue brew I've had that I didn't enjoy was John John's Junpier Ale. It's a Pale Ale, but it had some really unpleasant notes that I can only assume were the juniper.

I've got a bomber of Double Bastard sitting on the shelf, calling to me. Soon.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4cee01fb.jpg
7cfb4bb0.jpg

tomcarlafidel

Reaction score
Hello,

Im from belgium and will be visiting the states, atlanta, memphis, nashville, new orleans and florida, who wants westvleteren and what would you pay for 24 bottles ?

Anybody intrested in the best Belgium made ?

Greetings

Tom

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Now I'm enjoying a Black Oak Arkansas from Kuma's Corner and a Brooklyn Local 2.

Tell me you were having a burger there too.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
that is a burger playa

Ah, haven't been in awhile. Think I had the pantera the last time I was there.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's beer koppage: AleSmith Wee Heavy Mikkeler Rauch Geek Breakfast (Bacon) North Coast Old Stock 2010 North Coast Old Stock 2009 Cellar's Reserve (Bourbon Barrels) BrewDog Tactical Nuclear Penguin And all I went in for was Pliny
ffffuuuu.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked these up
2011-04-14-19-39-58-309.jpg

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
Just picked these up
2011-04-14-19-39-58-309.jpg

Is the GI Big John any good? Imperial stout? Have not seen that in NYC. I don't have any GI in my stout stash. Maybe i will try Nightstalker
photo4.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads