The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

O Hai!

[​IMG]

I can snag at least 4 more dry bottles. The rest would be refrigerated and I wouldn't recommend shipping those out.

Why can't you ship bottles that have been refrigerated? I do all the time, you can take beer in and out of the fridge and not affect the beer at all. As for paying $40 for Hunahpu's, I just wouldn't do it, you are almost in Bourbon County Rare territory as far a price goes and if I had to pick between the two of them Rare would win every time. It's not that Hunahpu's isn't an amazing stout, it just doesn't warrant a $40 price tag no matter where or when you can buy it. It's very tasty, I recommend you open one now before the flavor from chillies wears off, you showed be warned that the flavors vary pretty heavy from different bottles. I had some that were very hot and boozy and the ones I have are very rich, vanilla and chocolatey which is strange since they all come from the same batch...

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

nice pic though. what camera. need a new one.

misson for today. finding Kuhnhenn Barrel Aged 4D.

3. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

nice pic though. what camera. need a new one.

You have no time to ask questions about cameras, you need to be out finding my BA 4D!!!

4. Bond111

Bond111 Senior member

I had to get my wife's car serviced yesterday in a town an hour away. Stopped in and they had Boulevard's Chocolate Ale in stock. They had around 8 bottles total. Decided to pick up one, along with their Smokestack Imperial Stout 2011 version. Wish I could get my hands on the Saison-Brett.

5. svd

svd Senior member

I dunno. But i will be interested to see if it is twice as good as Ten Fidy (since it costs more than twice the price). [​IMG]

22 oz versus 12?

I paid $5 for a single can of Ten Fidy. Not that big of a difference.

6. cjblack28

cjblack28 Well-Known Member

I had to get my wife's car serviced yesterday in a town an hour away. Stopped in and they had Boulevard's Chocolate Ale in stock. They had around 8 bottles total. Decided to pick up one, along with their Smokestack Imperial Stout 2011 version. Wish I could get my hands on the Saison-Brett.
    Saison-Brett comes out this summer. Where was this find of yours?

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

My dad made a summer ale that got fourth best in the state fair last year. This year he decided to make the same base recipe, but change around the hops to see what the differences were, and then enter all three. The first one just became ready last weekend, and it was the best beer I've ever tasted. Granted, I'm not a beer guy like most people in this thread, but I do try a lot of different beers and usually drink them at bars. Damn good stuff.

8. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

My dad made a summer ale that got fourth best in the state fair last year. This year he decided to make the same base recipe, but change around the hops to see what the differences were, and then enter all three. The first one just became ready last weekend, and it was the best beer I've ever tasted. Granted, I'm not a beer guy like most people in this thread, but I do try a lot of different beers and usually drink them at bars. Damn good stuff.

Is home brewing a good experience??? I might give it a try. They have all types of hops, malt, etc.. at the whole foods downtown.

Drank a B.O.R.I.S. the crusher tonight (not the barrel aged). Pretty good. But I prefer Breakfast Stout.

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

My Dad loves it. People tend to get WAY into it, though, so if you do it make sure you are willing to give up Saturday afternoons every week to your new obsession.

Now I'm enjoying a Black Oak Arkansas from Kuma's Corner and a Brooklyn Local 2.

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Why can't you ship bottles that have been refrigerated? I do all the time, you can take beer in and out of the fridge and not affect the beer at all. As for paying $40 for Hunahpu's, I just wouldn't do it, you are almost in Bourbon County Rare territory as far a price goes and if I had to pick between the two of them Rare would win every time. It's not that Hunahpu's isn't an amazing stout, it just doesn't warrant a $40 price tag no matter where or when you can buy it. It's very tasty, I recommend you open one now before the flavor from chillies wears off, you showed be warned that the flavors vary pretty heavy from different bottles. I had some that were very hot and boozy and the ones I have are very rich, vanilla and chocolatey which is strange since they all come from the same batch...
    I don't disagree with you. You just made me sound like that douche bag from FS:Other when all I was trying to do was help out my forum Bro's. That's what I objected to. If I can buy it for $40 then you guys can get it for $40. Is it worth it? Most likely not. But if you want to try it there aren't that many games in town.
    nice pic though. what camera. need a new one. misson for today. finding Kuhnhenn Barrel Aged 4D.
    Canon S95. Auto. I really need to learn how to use this thing. Should probably start a threak.

11. sdx

sdx Well-Known Member

My Dad loves it. People tend to get WAY into it, though, so if you do it make sure you are willing to give up Saturday afternoons every week to your new obsession.

Now I'm enjoying a Black Oak Arkansas from Kuma's Corner and a Brooklyn Local 2.

Not quite every week... but it ends up getting close. I generally try to keep 2 beers going, one in primary, one in secondary... This ususally means brewing every other/third weekend pending on how long the beer needs in the secondary.

12. Bond111

Bond111 Senior member

Saison-Brett comes out this summer. Where was this find of yours?

Good Ol' town of Ames, Iowa.

13. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I don't disagree with you. You just made me sound like that douche bag from FS:Other when all I was trying to do was help out my forum Bro's. That's what I objected to. If I can buy it for $40 then you guys can get it for $40. Is it worth it? Most likely not. But if you want to try it there aren't that many games in town.

Canon S95. Auto. I really need to learn how to use this thing. Should probably start a threak.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to insult you and I think it's great you wanna hook people up, I just think that $40 is way too high for that beer, but if someone wants to spend the money then by all means. It really is a great beer, so if you have the money and enjoy the beer then it's money well spent.

14. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

oops wrong tread [​IMG]

15. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Had this at Goose Island's Stout Fest last month and couldn't wait for the release, very tasty... [​IMG]