1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

I'm not 21 and went with my dad who I was expecting to be annoyed if I dragged him around buying beer he doesn't like. We ended up going to both though. New Beer was slightly cheaper and had more 6 packs, but it was probably 95 degrees in there so I bought from Whole Foods instead. They had a few bottles of Blushing Monk at both stores if anyone's interested.

Damn! I can't get to the stores until lunch time tomorrow. I bet the Blushing Monk will be sold out. At least I finally got my hands on 2 bottles of Parabola (@ a whole foods in las vegas for $14.99).

2. alexg

alexg Senior member

I'm attempting to get a few more bottles of Blushing Monk. I didn't realize just how much people wanted it when I bought the one today. If I find it I'll let people know.

3. alexg

alexg Senior member

Damn! I can't get to the stores until lunch time tomorrow. I bet the Blushing Monk will be sold out. At least I finally got my hands on 2 bottles of Parabola (@ a whole foods in las vegas for $14.99).

It's possible you could find it, there were at least 5 bottles between the two stores at about 3 today.

4. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

It's possible you could find it, there were at least 5 bottles between the two stores at about 3 today.

Thanks. I would ask my distributor friend to buy some of the Blushing Monk for me... but I had him order 3 cases of Devil Dancer for his store and it hasn't sold at all. So he is pretty pissed off at me.

I will try my luck at lunch time. If they don't have Blushing Monk, i am sure they will have some other stuff. Maybe I will get more of the Solar Eclipse.

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Did anybody get me one? Can anybody get me one?

patience.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

tonight's theme: raspberries
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Oh wait...I have the same raspberry theme planned for the girlfriend and myslef which will include a cheese that has been soaked in Raspberry Tart as well. I am finalizing the list of beers, but here is what we are working with so far:

– Founders Blushing Monk
    – Founders Rubaeus (Blushing Monk's base beer)
    – Cantillon Rose De Gambrinus
    – Hanssens Experimental Raspberry
    – Lost Abbey Framboise de Amorosa

8. alexg

alexg Senior member

[​IMG]

Evil Twin Disco Beer. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, I can't find my camera cord. One of the biggest heads I've ever seen on a beer, it took like 5 minutes to pour it like that. Oaked Arrogant Bastard did the same thing and they're very similar beers. So similar that I'm not sure this was worth $9 for one 12oz bottle.

9. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Fed-Ex and UPS must think I am crazy with the amount of packages I get in a week.
    [​IMG]

10. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

A little after work pick-me-up

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Deets!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

it's damn delicious. raspberry jam and more raspberries.

13. brimley

brimley Senior member

If you like the New Glarus Raspberry, you might try their Belgian Red which has Door County cherries. Personally I find all the New Glarus drinkable but don't buy any of it for myself, that may be burnout from living in WI though.

14. randallr

randallr Senior member

Any idea how they brew it and get that raspberry flavor? I have access to some nice raspberries and I may be able to recreate this.

15. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Having some of this

[​IMG]

16. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

^Had that the other day. I liked it. Wished it came in regular sized bottles though. Might be a contender with Old Rasputin.

Had a Surly Smoke that I scored off a local guy, since my other bottle got stolen. Really, really fucking good stuff. That could definitely be a regular drinker.

Then I had a Piraat and the new Cigar City Humidor IPA - which is just their regular Jai Lai IPA but brewed with cedar. It tasted like somebody had dropped a shoe tree in my beer. Fucking hated that.

17. alexg

alexg Senior member

I have two extra bottles of Blushing Monk, anyone interested in a trade? Looking for things I can't find in NY.

18. randallr

randallr Senior member

I'll trade you. I have access to midwest stuff. What are you looking for?

19. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

I to have a spare Blushing Monk for trade if anyones interested.

20. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I am. What are you looking for? Want any Cigar City shit?