• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J uniqlo lowered their prices. Jackets are about $50 cheaper. Summer collection will be in store this wed march 23

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
J uniqlo lowered their prices. Jackets are about $50 cheaper. Summer collection will be in store this wed march 23

Yes big reductions on the UK site too.

Ermac

Reaction score

Awesome, heading to the city this week anyway. I think I'm addicted to uniqlo socks.

Rangoe

Reaction score
Hi,

I've never tried Uniqlo on before but want to do my first phone order this week because I keep hearing excellent things and have seen a few cool pieces on a friend of mine from NYC. I have a quick question on sizing - does it usually run smaller or larger than most American brands?

Say, if I'm an XS in both Banana Republic & J Crew, would I also be an XS in Uniqlo?

Cheers, thanks for the input.....

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edit: ^yeah your probably an XS. im a slim 36 chest and take xs in their stuff. i can make a S work but xs looks better

i have a tux function i need to attend and thinking of grabbing the +j tux and shirt. anyone have any experience/thoughts?

i figured it would be better than renting which is ridiculously expensive when i can just buy one outright.

blhblah1

Reaction score
What is the quality of their selvage denim in the NYC store now? Is it made in China or Japan? One concern I have with the cut to choose is that I do squats and have larger than average thighs, but I'm normally a 31 waist in Levi's 514's (511's are too tight). What cut should I get in their raw selvage? I'm nowhere near the store, so I would have to phone order. Thanks!

JanC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blhblah1
What is the quality of their selvage denim in the NYC store now? Is it made in China or Japan? One concern I have with the cut to choose is that I do squats and have larger than average thighs, but I'm normally a 31 waist in Levi's 514's (511's are too tight). What cut should I get in their raw selvage? I'm nowhere near the store, so I would have to phone order. Thanks!

I have issue with my thighs as well and the S002 fit good. What's your true waist? Mine is 31" and went with 30's...

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is "J uniqlo"?
Thanks for the heads up.. is that $50 less than MSRP or were they already discounted?

gastarbeider

Reaction score

get s002 30s.

cameron-

Reaction score
when I went a little over a week ago it there was a ton of the cheaper MIC selvage, and maybe a dozen so pairs of MIJ that were all 29w. a salesperson told me they would be getting in a lot more MIJ denim at the beginning of april. e: and I second the s002 if you have large thighs. it is a nice straight but not baggy cut.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone proxy +j for me from some other country? looking for aparticular item thats sold out currently in the US
frown.gif

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
can anyone proxy +j for me from some other country? looking for aparticular item thats sold out currently in the US
frown.gif

Just remember that the Asian Uniqlos are shorter in the sleeves and probably the body as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads