The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

J uniqlo lowered their prices. Jackets are about $50 cheaper. Summer collection will be in store this wed march 23

2. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

J uniqlo lowered their prices. Jackets are about $50 cheaper. Summer collection will be in store this wed march 23

Yes big reductions on the UK site too.

3. Ermac

Ermac Senior member

Awesome, heading to the city this week anyway. I think I'm addicted to uniqlo socks.

4. Rangoe

Rangoe Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've never tried Uniqlo on before but want to do my first phone order this week because I keep hearing excellent things and have seen a few cool pieces on a friend of mine from NYC. I have a quick question on sizing - does it usually run smaller or larger than most American brands?

Say, if I'm an XS in both Banana Republic & J Crew, would I also be an XS in Uniqlo?

Cheers, thanks for the input.....

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

edit: ^yeah your probably an XS. im a slim 36 chest and take xs in their stuff. i can make a S work but xs looks better

i have a tux function i need to attend and thinking of grabbing the +j tux and shirt. anyone have any experience/thoughts?

i figured it would be better than renting which is ridiculously expensive when i can just buy one outright.

6. blhblah1

blhblah1 New Member

What is the quality of their selvage denim in the NYC store now? Is it made in China or Japan? One concern I have with the cut to choose is that I do squats and have larger than average thighs, but I'm normally a 31 waist in Levi's 514's (511's are too tight). What cut should I get in their raw selvage? I'm nowhere near the store, so I would have to phone order. Thanks!

7. JanC

JanC Senior member

What is the quality of their selvage denim in the NYC store now? Is it made in China or Japan? One concern I have with the cut to choose is that I do squats and have larger than average thighs, but I'm normally a 31 waist in Levi's 514's (511's are too tight). What cut should I get in their raw selvage? I'm nowhere near the store, so I would have to phone order. Thanks!

I have issue with my thighs as well and the S002 fit good. What's your true waist? Mine is 31" and went with 30's...

8. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

What is "J uniqlo"?
    Thanks for the heads up.. is that $50 less than MSRP or were they already discounted?

9. blhblah1

blhblah1 New Member

10. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

get s002 30s.

11. cameron-

cameron- New Member

when I went a little over a week ago it there was a ton of the cheaper MIC selvage, and maybe a dozen so pairs of MIJ that were all 29w. a salesperson told me they would be getting in a lot more MIJ denim at the beginning of april. e: and I second the s002 if you have large thighs. it is a nice straight but not baggy cut.

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

can anyone proxy +j for me from some other country? looking for aparticular item thats sold out currently in the US [​IMG]

13. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

can anyone proxy +j for me from some other country? looking for aparticular item thats sold out currently in the US [​IMG]

Just remember that the Asian Uniqlos are shorter in the sleeves and probably the body as well.

14. jasonwong

jasonwong Active Member

when do you think they'll open a store in LA
    Probably when Topshop/Topman decides to test the Los Angeles scene as well

15. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

Probably when Topshop/Topman decides to test the Los Angeles scene as well

Apparently they're opening more stores in the near future