• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JosiahS
First post, long time lurker. Need some help. I'm looking for some more tapered shorts. I went down to my local Macy's and tried on a bunch of shorts, nearly all of which just had a general, boxy cut to it. The only pair i liked were calvin k plaid cotton shorts. http://www.calvinklein.com/product/i...lickid=prod_cs I didn't get them because they weren't on sale, about 60 retail.. I need a recommendation for shorts that fit like those. I'm 5 8, 161 LBs and a general size 30-32 waist. Muscular plus stocky-ish build. I like the fit of those because they are tapered, no extra material, the length is slightly longer than usual which looks better on me plus the rise is lower that usual so that helps make my legs look a bit longer. Any suggestions on similar shorts?
Welcome to SF, where everyone is muscular with an athletic build. Joking aside, buy whatever shorts you like and get them tailored down. That's what I do and I find the results are much better then buying 'slim' shorts off the rack (as long as you have a good tailor).

mj89

Reaction score
Are there any good/decent quality crew/v-neck washable sweaters in the sub $100 price range? That hold their shape? I'm tired of wizard sleeved h&m sweaters.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
Looking for a black boot. Should be able to be worn with black or indigo denim. No work boots. No goth-ninja. Looking for something in the middle. Boot should be understated and not flashy.

Thanks in advance.

Fiorentini + Baker?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
Fiorentini + Baker?
Yeah, I looked at the selection @ Barneys.com. For some reason my eyes keep getting drawn back to Frye Harness boots. I am just wondering if there is some aspect of there design that people generally don't like that would sway my opinion one way or another.

gezuz

Reaction score
I’m looking into getting a leather bracelet or strap around my wrist. Any suggestions? I’ve got small wrists, maybe 8 inches around (I have a normal size dong). Something pretty simple, thanks dudes!

thunderthighs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gezuz
I'm looking into getting a leather bracelet or strap around my wrist. Any suggestions? I've got small wrists, maybe 8 inches around (I have a normal size dong). Something pretty simple, thanks dudes!

8 inches around is small?? And how does your dong figure into all this..

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the store that I was going to get my florsheim duckie brown suede oxfords from sold out of my size and they are too expensive for me at most other stores I can find. So what is a mid level pair of suede bucks? Something better than bass but cheaper than MMNA.

fungz0r

Reaction score
I need help building up my shoes wardrobe since right now the shoes are basically chucks and katahdins. What kind of footwear should I obtain?

JosiahS

Reaction score
Picked up some medium grey shorts and primarily white sneakers. Looking to buy some v-neck Ts. What colors will match well?

babump

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a show similar in color and design to these suede CPs that cost a bit less?

7228196-origpic-935f88.jpg_0_0_100_100_375_562_100.jpg

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
So the store that I was going to get my florsheim duckie brown suede oxfords from sold out of my size and they are too expensive for me at most other stores I can find. So what is a mid level pair of suede bucks? Something better than bass but cheaper than MMNA.

You could try these from Nordstrom.

Brooks Brothers usually has a pair, but they are not currently on the site.

Tico

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations on some (relatively) cheap scoop neck t-shirts/long sleeves?

politoskim

Reaction score
looking for a new pair of shoes/sneakers/boots to add into my wardrobe. here's what i have:
converse white lowtops
converse blue high tops
clarks desert khan in a light brown colorway
red wing 875
cream vans authentics
ferragamo oxfords similar to the ferragamo torrents.

recommend me a pair. i usually wear the APC petit standards, so something thatll compliment jeans that are tapored

politoskim

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fungz0r
I need help building up my shoes wardrobe since right now the shoes are basically chucks and katahdins. What kind of footwear should I obtain?

imo, no wardrobe can go wrong with a pair of clarks desert boots, common project low achilies, and alden indys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads