• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which brand do you find the most annoying?

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me)
crackup[1].gif
use to wear 'em early 90's until early 2000's... now that some rapper-hip hop mall hopping posers wear them recklessly, my authentic versions has been relegated for wiping soles of my C&J Welbourne and AE's

Aye, I had a couple of shirts once upon a time ago as well, but only ever wore em with sweater vests to hide the snappy crocodile logo. If it were not for the croc logo, I would at least be unbiased towards them. Now there is a new brand out there (dont know the brand) where they copy Lacoste but instead of a croc, it is a whale logo
facepalm.gif

Let me tell you guys something funny related to Lacoste:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember once attending an important group meeting with a couple of C-level bigwigs. One of these guys wore an obviously brilliant Dark Navy suit - probably costing about $5K - $20K. His shoes were impeccable, clearly Bespoke probably costing somewhere towards $2K upwards. His tie was obviously a high dollar accessory as well. Oh yes, how could I forget - he wore a Rolex watch clearly recently made (price of that watch is beyond my level of estimation).

Here is the punchline: His shirt could best be described as golden yellow (a terrible choice for his outfit), but when that jacket was taken off, I could barely contain my laughter when I saw that little green crocodile. A friend of mine could not believe it either.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Ford

TRA8324

Reaction score
Express.

Quality is just god-awful. There are brands half the price with much better quality.

I don't like their stuff to begin with, but even if I did I would never consider shopping there.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bono.

Not necessarily the companies he shills for but him, Bono, the brand, specifically.

NotDickDiver

Reaction score
I will take the liberty of naming a few:
Lyle and Scott
Diesel
Lacoste (except from the original Rene Lacoste tennis shoe)
All Italian high-end fashion brands
Audi (especially with small engines)
Brooks Brothers (where I live its priced beyond belief, eg. $200 for a OCBD)

alt.don

Reaction score
+1,000 on the Bono, assuming you mean the lead singer of U2. General rant follows, why do all of these ultra rich celebrities exhort me to shell out what I can when they themselves don't donate a million or two which is nothing? Meh, hyprocrites one and all, I suppose the salve to their conscious is that they do the quick commercial or haranguing of Johnny Public. Sorry for the off-topic rant.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get all the hate for Boss. I can't stand the suits, but their casual wear has improved immensely over the last few years. Boss Orange isn't the best, but it certainly isn't horrible.

Worst "big name" brands (outside of Hardy and other such things): Diesel, G-Star, Kenneth Cole. I would put Banana Republic because I detest 90% of their stock, but the remaining 10% contains some surprisingly well made and decently priced basics.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
Bono.

Not necessarily the companies he shills for but him, Bono, the brand, specifically.

Originally Posted by Rayson
Wish I'd said that.

Originally Posted by alt.don
+1,000 on the Bono, assuming you mean the lead singer of U2. General rant follows, why do all of these ultra rich celebrities exhort me to shell out what I can when they themselves don't donate a million or two which is nothing? Meh, hyprocrites one and all, I suppose the salve to their conscious is that they do the quick commercial or haranguing of Johnny Public. Sorry for the off-topic rant.

Yes, him. Lead ego of Me(x)2.

Very annoying.

Despite the charity efforts etc. the fact that he seems so smugly and arrogantly fixated on acquiring the Nobel Peace Prize at all costs and with all attention focussed squarely on hisownself denigrates his humanitarian "legacy" a lot, imo.

Kind of like Travolta showing up in his Boeing in Haiti, photographed ad infinutum as if a ray of shining light arriving directly from on high.

Meanwhile, the Edge thinks it his God-given right to build an enormous compound for he and his cronies in Malibu, circumventing codes, etc. just because...well, because he's The Edge, ya know...?
rolleyes.gif

Far more annoying than stupid little clothing brands acting pretentious, I find.

alt.don

Reaction score
Back on topic......Paul and Sharkey simply for the sheer and obnoxious size of their logo on certain items such as their pants and polos. Nicely made though.

tone76

Reaction score
+1 Bono (enough said) +1 Ed Hardy +1 Audi (they're just overpriced VWs with leather and fake wood
ffffuuuu.gif
) +1 Bose In addition, I find a lot of the street/surf brands annoying, such as Unit and Hurley.

Coldcava

Reaction score
Why all the Audi haters?

+1000 Ed Hardy - I read an article on Christian Audigier in Vanity Fair (?? may have been GQ) - I came away thinking he was probably the biggest narcissicitic prick I've ever seen featured. And the clothes are barely a step up from a Rehobeth Beach t-shirt screen printing shop.

+1 Tom Ford
+1 Burberry
Joseph Abboud
JOSEPH..A..BANK

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads