• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which brand do you find the most pleasing? (Spin-off)

LukeM

Reaction score
I hear a lot of hatred toward brands here, where "fashion" is equated with crap, or gimmick, etc. but what about the brands that you love.

What brand(s) do you find the most pleasing?

I am mainly posting this because I am new to this forum and style in general and do not want to go out buying clothes that I will just end up chucking in a few months.

AChekhovGun

Reaction score
Oh boy....

You're going to find a lot of people here that hate any and all brands. Even a tag inside is a sin, and if you have a visible name or logo on any of your clothes, you might as well be wearing Walmart brand, as far as this group is concerned.

Brands that are (generally) viewed favorably are almost restricted to shoes (allen edmonds, alden, ferragamo, church) and even that last one is disdained by many for its ownership.

Zegna, RLPL, brooks brothers may be as close as you'll get. You can forget about BR, Boss, etc.

Hermes green breast wallets = most sought after item.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would a Hermes green breast wallet be the most sought after item? - it is just a wallet for pete's sake.

Brands, dont care for them, but not against them either - I buy what I like be it branded or not branded.

I do have a great liking for Ralph Lauren Purple Label (Black Label as well) - very pleasing label. Much of the Italian or British tailored labels (as I like to call them) are OK as well (i.e. Turnbull, Isaia, Borrelli, Kiton, Zegna etc ...).

The big brands that hit the runways, you can keep em, I dont generally buy them. I suppose Armani Black Label are OK, Yves Saint Laurent can be good, as can Dior. But Armani, Dolce, Gucci, Prada, Hermes, Vuitton etc want to make me hurl vomit.

LukeM

Reaction score
Now where would I be able to get these brands for cheap? I am 6'1 about 160lbs slim build and only have about 1.5k for clothes.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Gucci excluding all of the flashy stuff (half the collections). The fit is great and quality is good for a fashion brand. Made by Zegna but cooler

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's rephrase this to which fashion brands are the most pleasing. This forum hates fashion for fashion, it's obsessed with quality. We'll have to look a little bit deeper.

I'd say brands I find the most pleasing are Dior Homme (dark and cool), Gucci (if not flashy, can be ultra slim and modern), and gasp, Burberry, but only for their outerwear (their jackets can be awesome as long as you don't have a check all over the place. LV Taiga leather is nice too.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
Why would a Hermes green breast wallet be the most sought after item? - it is just a wallet for pete's sake.

I'll let you in on a little inside joke - there's a long thread about a prominent forum member's travails in picking up a green Hermes breast wallet. I forgot to suggest to him he should check if Hermes has an extra one that he might have to throw in the trash, as it's getting to be over six months old.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like 海澜之家 for coats and jackets and \t鄂尔多斯 for shirts, jumpers and trousers. I avoid any western designer brands, because they're nearly all poor quality fakes.

bjornb17

Reaction score
I have been very impressed with Charles Tyrwhitt for bang for the buck, and especially their customer service.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
I like 海澜之家 for coats and jackets and \t鄂尔多斯 for shirts, jumpers and trousers. I avoid any western designer brands, because they're nearly all poor quality fakes.

Nice, now to translate!

Yahoo Babel fish translates (assuming chinese - english)

海澜之家 = Family of the sea billows
鄂尔多斯 = Erdos

Interesting choice of clothing
laugh.gif

Grenadier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LukeM
Now where would I be able to get these brands for cheap? I am 6'1 about 160lbs slim build and only have about 1.5k for clothes.

Now you might only have $1500. But over the next several years you will have a stream of income that can be frittered away on clothing if only you visit this forum more often. Besides, there are always ways a guy like you can make a little money on the side for clothing.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
Nice, now to translate! Yahoo Babel fish translates (assuming chinese - english) 海澜之家 = Family of the sea billows 鄂尔多斯 = Erdos Interesting choice of clothing
laugh.gif

Erdos is correct, an Inner Mongolian menswear brand from Ordos. However Google translates 海澜之家 as 'Sea Orchid House'. But the correct English name which actually appears on the garments is 'Heilan Home'. A mid-range menswear brand from Wuxi, Jiangsu Province. http://www.chinaerdos.com/ http://www.heilanhome.com/ I'd much rather buy the Chinese gear than any western knock-offs, because the quality is so much better. In fact the only genuine western clothes makes one is able to obtain easily in this city, is Disney Kids (obviously this is not an option) and Jeep (I don't really want to be paying premium prices for 'Made in China' Jeep products).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads