• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dasai

Reaction score
I don't know about "favorite", but I've been having a good experience so far with the Edwin jeans I bought in November. In Japan, low-end Levi's retail for upwards of ¥7000 or so, and sail into the stratosphere for any of their good stuff. Edwin have a similar range of quality (including high-end reproductions they don't sell in their home market), but being a domestic brand, they don't have nearly as much of a premium attached to their name. The model I have is the 505 (SEN) "New Vintage" regular straight. One wash, because I'm not stupid enough to buy pre-destroyed jeans for a premium. ¥9000, which is expensive for "mall jeans" but about right for the materials and construction (and less expensive than the raw version, which also has selvage detailing on the back pockets that I dislike). Removed the cinch in the back, because I wear a belt. Rise is higher than the 503 (WIN) model, which I like, though the back pockets are a bit bigger than strictly necessary. I had Uniqlo jeans before this pair, but I was unhappy with the quality when I went to look for new ones. Not sure if it's because they've actually gotten worse, or because SF has warped my standards. (I also post in SW&D, so I'm really getting a kick out of some of these replies...)

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred H.
Agave. Just Agave. Tried a ton of other brands, but none work as well for me.

Interesting. Agave's were my favorite until they started disintegrating: as in holes developing
in non wear or friction points; fraying, etc. Now I wear Luckys. A bit cheaper but they seem to last
longer.

Simplicio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe
I don't get this forum sometimes. We have people who are willing to drop thousands of dollars on suits and who refuse to spend more than $50 on jeans.

There seems to be some sort of machismo where a poster feels proud of the fact that he is wearing Wranglers that cost $12 from Walmart. "I don't need no fancy jeans. My wranglers are 'merkin." I'm as red-blooded as they come, but I think this comes across as ignorant. If you are willing to pay for quality in tailored clothing, shouldn't you consider doing the same for jeans? Just as there is an aesthetic difference between an Oxxford suit and a Stafford suit, there is a difference between <insert name of quality denim> and Wrangler.

If you see them as disposable and not to be worn in public, fine, but don't carry this macho badge of honor that you like cheap jeans and that makes you less of a dandy. You still are buying lapel felt flowers and posting pictures of yourself to be critiqued by other dudes.

I agree that poor quality and bad looks are nothing to be proud of. There may be many MC guys who don't much like denim, but if you are going to wear it at all you might as well get something good. I don't see why the logic of this would be any different than the argument for high quality suits or shirts or shoes.

Personally, I love my Samurais and my Pure Blue Japans.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simplicio
I agree that poor quality and bad looks are nothing to be proud of. There may be many MC guys who don't much like denim, but if you are going to wear it at all you might as well get something good. I don't see why the logic of this would be any different than the argument for high quality suits or shirts or shoes.

Personally, I love my Samurais and my Pure Blue Japans.

Even though I love wearing jeans, I am also one of those people who won't buy jeans much more than $50 (most expensive pair I bought is $55). But I will also never buy those Walmart baggy as hell dad jeans. Most of my jeans are around $40 mark and I don't see anything wrong with them. They fit well, slim and comfortable. And they last for years even after throwing ****** on concrete, tarmac, dirt or whatever stuff is made of when I decide to take a seat. They're fine. I just think the fine details of expensive jeans are just a waste on items that are going to take lots of abuse. I wouldn't spend $1000 on a suit yet though, I have other stuff with higher priority to spend that cash on.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Even though I love wearing jeans, I am also one of those people who won't buy jeans much more than $50 (most expensive pair I bought is $55). But I will also never buy those Walmart baggy as hell dad jeans. Most of my jeans are around $40 mark and I don't see anything wrong with them. They fit well, slim and comfortable. And they last for years even after throwing ****** on concrete, tarmac, dirt or whatever stuff is made of when I decide to take a seat. They're fine. I just think the fine details of expensive jeans are just a waste on items that are going to take lots of abuse. I wouldn't spend $1000 on a suit yet though, I have other stuff with higher priority to spend that cash on.
Originally Posted by pvrhye
I really can't see a quality difference between 700 dollar jeans and 80 dollar jeans. The 700 dollar jeans just have a bunch of ridiculous **** all over em. I don't want a mural across my buttocks.
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif
29xvpr4.gif

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
naked & famous .

weird guys.
best customer service ever, fixed my jeans after they started tearing.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is
29xvpr4.gif
the SW&D incarnation of
foo.gif
?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Seriously dude. I googled samurai jeans and all the ones I saw had stuff across the ass or those ridiculous fakey wrinkles.

dammit! I bought my jeans at blue owl and farinelli and never got those ass-stuff or fakey wrinkles! where do I complain??!!!

LeeReynolds

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
so you take time to sign up on a style board to say this?

why not just say " i like wal mart glory jeans" and leave it at that.

why not go to a wine board and sign up and say "i like smart&final white zinfandel for $4.99 a bottle cuz my drinking dayz are over" or some other narrow minded statement im sure you can think of
hmm

I'm sorry you're so insecure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads