• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet & Styleforum Rope-Dyed Indigo Sashiko Jacket Preorder

Rowyourboat

Reaction score
These are not quite for me but just wanted to say I love Epaulet's Doyle styles in other fabrics. Love what y'all are doing, keep it up!

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pumice wash looks nice, looking forward to getting the one I ordered.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
These are not quite for me but just wanted to say I love Epaulet's Doyle styles in other fabrics. Love what y'all are doing, keep it up!

@Rowyourboat thanks, I appreciate that!

I need to make a special thread about it, but we actually just launched two new group buys for Doyle jackets in (1) pure linen and (2) some really rad tropical blends from Guabello and Joseph Abboud. There might be something that you dig in there, and the pricing is fairly similar. These are made in stock sizing, but we could also do them as custom pieces through RTC/Hickey Freeman. Just drop me a line if I can help with sizing or answer any questions.

Doyle Jackets in Linen from Albini and DiPray

Doyle Jackets in Silk-Wool and Wool-Linen from Guabello & Joseph Abboud

The pumice wash looks nice, looking forward to getting the one I ordered.

@Mr.K thank you so much, you're going to love it!

treegarden

Reaction score
View attachment 1927407

Hey guys!

We're thrilled to announce our latest collaboration with Styleforum.net! We're celebrating our 15-year anniversary by offering our two most iconic jacket shapes in our brand new Rope-Dyed Indigo Sashiko.

Casual "shakets" like these have been part of our collection since 2013. They're versatile piece which are easy to dress up or down. During the course of our photoshoot, we paired them with jeans, trousers, collared shirts, and t-shirts.. just to show the many ways that they can be worn. @LA Guy and Styleforum agreed to this collaboration, as the jackets perfectly bridge the worlds of CM and SW&D. They have a place in every man's wardrobe.

You can opt for the Doyle (chore jacket) or the Field jacket (four pocket safari style) in either Raw Indigo Sashiko or Pumice Washed Indigo Sashiko. The Raw garments a rich deep indigo blue and will fade gorgeously over time. The Pumice Washed garments have been treated with coarse stones to yield a vibrant faded blue color and a stunning patina.This cloth is brand new for us, and this Japanese rope-dyed fabric is designed to fade like a beast!

We have enough fabric on hand to produce approx 150 total units.

Sizes 34 to 48 are available to order. Preorders will be open until Thursday, April 6th, or while our fabric inventory lasts.

I'll keep this thread updated throughout the preorder window. Feel free to ask any questions on sizing, details, or anything else, and I'll be happy to personally answer them.
Are the sizes chest sizes in inches? Can you show the sleeve lengths for each? And do the cuffs button? Thanks.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are the sizes chest sizes in inches? Can you show the sleeve lengths for each? And do the cuffs button? Thanks.
1) Yes, the chest sizes are in inches

2) We have a detailed measurement chart at the bottom of the page of our listing.. just scroll down past all of the text here

3) I'll post a copy of the size chart below too.

4) The cuffs do button, they are totally functional. The sleeves can be shortened by a tailor if needed, but they cannot the lengthened.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 10.09.51 AM.png

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I edited a quick video of our three Sashiko samples: the raw indigo, the 12 times washed, and the Pumice washed.

The 12 times washed sample was literally washed in my home machine a dozen times. The fade is already really pronounced and the color is gorgeous. If you get a raw jacket, you can expect it to look along these lines after a few months of normal use.

Last edited:

Bhav

Reaction score
we actually just launched two new group buys for Doyle jackets in (1) pure linen

Just placed an order for Doyles in raw indigo sashiko and tobacco Albini linen. Looking forward to wearing these hard through the summer.

Thanks for providing so much information about the product and fabrics, really appreciate the video overviews.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just placed an order for Doyles in raw indigo sashiko and tobacco Albini linen. Looking forward to wearing these hard through the summer.

Thanks for providing so much information about the product and fabrics, really appreciate the video overviews.

Thank you SO much, it's my pleasure! Really excited to put all of this into work. The raw indigo ones will land a few weeks before the pumice wash, so you can expect your jackets to come at the earlier side of our production timeline. Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
PROJECT CLOSES TONIGHT!

Just a quick note everyone, this is the last evening to order. We're going to finalize our cutting ticket tomorrow and look to get all of this into work ASAP. If you have any last minute questions, please feel free to reach out to me (Eva) with the chat function of our website. All of the messages come straight to my phone.

Here's the product link one least time..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads