• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
I am also in good shape (6', 175, 32"x32"), and Levi's 514 fit me very well, sufficiently snug around the waist/crotch, medium/low rise, snug around the thighs without being tight (if that makes sense), and straight through the legs.

For how much and where can one get them? I don't want to pay a lot of money for denim...

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After about 5 years of Nudie Regular Ralf DS, I'm a convert to the Nudie Average Joe DS, which is essentially identical above the knee with a straight leg. I find these to be perfect.

LeeReynolds

Reaction score
I buy most of my jeans at Wal Mart. Their store brand faded glory jeans can be had for $8 a pair.

I also like Levis and Wranglers.

I'm not one to go out and spend $100 or more on a single pair of jeans.

High school was over a long time ago.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeeReynolds
I buy most of my jeans at Wal Mart. Their store brand faded glory jeans can be had for $8 a pair.

I also like Levis and Wranglers.

I'm not one to go out and spend $100 or more on a single pair of jeans.

High school was over a long time ago.

so you take time to sign up on a style board to say this?

why not just say " i like wal mart glory jeans" and leave it at that.

why not go to a wine board and sign up and say "i like smart&final white zinfandel for $4.99 a bottle cuz my drinking dayz are over" or some other narrow minded statement im sure you can think of
hmm

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
OK wankers - what brand fits the best?? To me, fit is a relatively low rise. Say 9.5 -10.00. Anything bigger than that, I feel like I have a bowling ball in ******. Ahh ahh - watch those comments, boys. Seems like yall like Armani Black label or Diesel. ANY ADDITIONAL COMMENTS ON FIT? Thanks.

JDixon

Reaction score
I've got quite a few pairs but find that I mainly where one of two pairs the most; one being Dunhill and the other pair being Burberry. Both are very comfortable, fit well and have lasted very well thus far (both are over 2 years old) they are both just plain dark indigo, no fading or anything.

I am thinking of getting a pair of nudies as I have heard good things about them.

JD

rrobertii8

Reaction score
Diesel By far are my favorite. I own 7 but 3 of them are used most. The fit is great and the look is timeless. its got a classic but edgy look to them. I'm overdue for a new pair.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
I don't get this forum sometimes. We have people who are willing to drop thousands of dollars on suits and who refuse to spend more than $50 on jeans.

There seems to be some sort of machismo where a poster feels proud of the fact that he is wearing Wranglers that cost $12 from Walmart. "I don't need no fancy jeans. My wranglers are 'merkin." I'm as red-blooded as they come, but I think this comes across as ignorant. If you are willing to pay for quality in tailored clothing, shouldn't you consider doing the same for jeans? Just as there is an aesthetic difference between an Oxxford suit and a Stafford suit, there is a difference between <insert name of quality denim> and Wrangler.

If you see them as disposable and not to be worn in public, fine, but don't carry this macho badge of honor that you like cheap jeans and that makes you less of a dandy. You still are buying lapel felt flowers and posting pictures of yourself to be critiqued by other dudes.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heathens.

Bespoke. Jean. Shorts.

That's right. Eat that Savile Row, it's Savile Ranch up in here.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rag & Bone RB1 (discontinued) & RB11
Kicking Mule 1980
Helmut Lang, I have various vintages from 1999-2009

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads