• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet & Styleforum Rope-Dyed Indigo Sashiko Jacket Preorder

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
YT Cover.jpg

Hey guys!

We're thrilled to announce our latest collaboration with Styleforum.net! We're celebrating our 15-year anniversary by offering our two most iconic jacket shapes in our brand new Rope-Dyed Indigo Sashiko.

Casual "shakets" like these have been part of our collection since 2013. They're versatile piece which are easy to dress up or down. During the course of our photoshoot, we paired them with jeans, trousers, collared shirts, and t-shirts.. just to show the many ways that they can be worn. @LA Guy and Styleforum agreed to this collaboration, as the jackets perfectly bridge the worlds of CM and SW&D. They have a place in every man's wardrobe.

You can opt for the Doyle (chore jacket) or the Field jacket (four pocket safari style) in either Raw Indigo Sashiko or Pumice Washed Indigo Sashiko. The Raw garments a rich deep indigo blue and will fade gorgeously over time. The Pumice Washed garments have been treated with coarse stones to yield a vibrant faded blue color and a stunning patina.This cloth is brand new for us, and this Japanese rope-dyed fabric is designed to fade like a beast!

We have enough fabric on hand to produce approx 150 total units.

Sizes 34 to 48 are available to order. Preorders will be open until Thursday, April 6th, or while our fabric inventory lasts.

I'll keep this thread updated throughout the preorder window. Feel free to ask any questions on sizing, details, or anything else, and I'll be happy to personally answer them.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's key images of what we're offering.

There are two basic styles: the Doyle (3-patch chore coat) and the Field Jacket (four button flap patch jacket).

With these two styles, you can opt to order them in Raw Indigo or Pumice Washed Sashiko.

Pricing is based on the wash and the shape. It goes like this:

Doyle Raw Indigo: $195
Field Jacket Raw Indigo: $225
Doyle Pumice Washed: $225
Field Jacket Pumice Washed: $255

Raw Doyle Shop1.jpg
Raw Field Shop2.jpg
Wash Doyle Shop5.jpg
Wash Field Shop2.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That seals it...
I'm ordering the Doyle.

Field jacket is a great travel jacket if flying. I have a linen field jacket with 4 pockets like that. I can put most of what I need in them and when going thru security, just take off the jacket.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Field jacket is a great travel jacket if flying. I have a linen field jacket with 4 pockets like that. I can put most of what I need in them and when going thru security, just take off the jacket.
The field jacket is just a little busy for me.
The Doyle is sleeker.
If shite falls out of my pockets through customs because of no buttons, I'll just buy more.
Because I'm a total baller...

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL

We do sell a lot more Doyles than Field Jackets, but more pockets = more fades when you have a fabric like this.
It's kind of funny, but I've never been huge on chore coats or field jackets.
Yet, I just ordered one from S&M, and I'm going to order yours as well.
It's been what seems like 3 straight months of 60 degree weather in SoCal. I have never seen a stretch of weather like this.
I'm upping my layering game, and I love the texture and that shade of blue.
Great job on this.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seals it...
I'm ordering the Doyle.
Definitely the Doyle is the go to option if you are like me and dress more casually. And in raw denim. I think that I have an old indigo Kicking Mule Workshop tee to wear with it, so no fear of dye bleed.

Rock out like it's 2007.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's kind of funny, but I've never been huge on chore coats or field jackets.
Yet, I just ordered one from S&M, and I'm going to order yours as well.
It's been what seems like 3 straight months of 60 degree weather in SoCal. I have never seen a stretch of weather like this.
I'm upping my layering game, and I love the texture and that shade of blue.
Great job on this.

Thank you! You're really going to love it.

I actually ran one of the the raw jackets through three different home washes. Even with that, it's starting to fade and lighten quite a bit. I'll get some comparison pics and videos done to show the difference between them.

And yeah... this weather is INSANE. I lived in Vienna for three years and it never rained this much.

Definitely the Doyle is the go to option if you are like me and dress more casually. And in raw denim. I think that I have an old indigo Kicking Mule Workshop tee to wear with it, so no fear of dye bleed.

Rock out like it's 2007.

Kicking Mule Workshop? Am I reading this on h(y)r collective?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and btw... new 60-second video of the four jackets. I edited the video in TikTok so I was able to score it with "Be Thankful For What You Got"

For real, I watched this a half dozen times just for the song.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

We ran some wash tests on the Raw Indigo Jacket. I'm dialing in the shrinkage to ensure that we get our patterns right before any washing happens.

It's rad to see how much fading is evident just after some normal wash and use. In this case, I ran our test jacket through a dozen cycles in my home washer. I'd wash it in cold water and then hang dry it.

Below is a comparison pic between the Raw Indigo, the dozen home wash cycles, and our Pumice Wash.

Rope Dyed Comparison.jpg

Epaulet & Styleforum Rope Dyed Indigo Sashiko Jacket Project

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads