• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

skyduster

Reaction score
Old Navy's Painters jeans fit me perfectly.

Originally Posted by janosch
My favorite jeans brand is Diesel. Unfortunately i can only afford one pair per year.. but they are worth it every cent.

They don't fit me. lol. You must have very skinny legs for Diesel.

Beaune Head

Reaction score
Pure Blue Japan. They are nubby as hell and have aged wonderfully. I think I got them at Blue in Greene...

Tomboys

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Same here. I've found Joe's, True Religions, Diesels, 7s, etc to be overpriced quality-wise. I think you're paying more for name and marketing than you are for quality, with a few exceptions. I do love both pairs of R&R I have.

I don't mind paying, as long as its for quality, not gimmicks or marketing hype.

Well, to a certain degree, everything we purchase has some form of marketing hype. The only difference is what type of "hype" does each individual buy into. It could be the sexy hype (7s, TR, Diesels, etc) at one end of the spectrum all the way over to the value hype (Levis, Wrangler, Lee--heck, even JC Penney's Arizona jeans) at the other end of the spectrum.

Marketing people are pretty savvy. Their jobs are to induce you (Joe/Jane Comsumer) to part with your money, period. So, whether you chose to buy into the sexy hype, the value hype, or any point in between, if you spend your money, you've bought into some type of hype regardless of your justifications for doing so. The main reason is because when given a choice value, per se, tends to be defined differently by different people.

I've purchased jeans from all of the above including Arizona and in each case, my decision to purchase was based on a simple question; do I love the way the jeans fit, look and feel more than I love the money in my pocket? If the answer is yes, then I buy. If the answer is no, then I don't. At the end of the day, regardless of what my rationale was for making each purchase, I was happy with my decision to do so and I enjoyed wearing the item.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomboys
My decision to purchase was based on a simple question; do I love the way the jeans fit, look and feel more than I love the money in my pocket? If the answer is yes, then I buy. If the answer is no, then I don't.
That's actually a good criteria. Using that will save me a lot of money in the future. Thanks.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raw denim is quite visible, but I'm not convinced a person would know selvedge until they turned up the cuff and inspected. I supposed if your jeans explode at the seems before they wear out at the knees or pocket it could be of value, but I've never seen it happen.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
my favorite is "xp".

Fortysomething

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeeReynolds
I buy most of my jeans at Wal Mart. Their store brand faded glory jeans can be had for $8 a pair.

I also like Levis and Wranglers.

I'm not one to go out and spend $100 or more on a single pair of jeans.

High school was over a long time ago.

It is pretty ironic that Faded Glory actually started out as a boutique brand of jeans in the early seventies--1972, I believe--and now they are Wal-Mart's store brand. Rather sure they aren't the same, but still....

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A.P.C > Nudie

Uniqlo used to do some perfectly coloured selvedge but their trousers never fit me, any more, anyway!

Galix

Reaction score
Nudie and Dr. Denim (the Swedish brand, I think there's another one with same or similar name). Although the best suiting and quality ones I've ever had were Diesel, but then they started to switch to a bling bling football player style.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomboys
Well, to a certain degree, everything we purchase has some form of marketing hype. The only difference is what type of "hype" does each individual buy into. It could be the sexy hype (7s, TR, Diesels, etc) at one end of the spectrum all the way over to the value hype (Levis, Wrangler, Lee--heck, even JC Penney's Arizona jeans) at the other end of the spectrum.

Marketing people are pretty savvy. Their jobs are to induce you (Joe/Jane Comsumer) to part with your money, period. So, whether you chose to buy into the sexy hype, the value hype, or any point in between, if you spend your money, you've bought into some type of hype regardless of your justifications for doing so. The main reason is because when given a choice value, per se, tends to be defined differently by different people.

I've purchased jeans from all of the above including Arizona and in each case, my decision to purchase was based on a simple question; do I love the way the jeans fit, look and feel more than I love the money in my pocket? If the answer is yes, then I buy. If the answer is no, then I don't. At the end of the day, regardless of what my rationale was for making each purchase, I was happy with my decision to do so and I enjoyed wearing the item.

You must be a real joy to hang out with.

Anyway, dior, diesel, and a.p.c. are the only jeans I wear that don't look like Brett Favre in crocs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads