• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2010

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A western shirt in a nice mini windowpane fabric, really like this one: http://www.doo-bop.com/shopping/shirts/0266.php
item-shirts0266_2.jpg

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Jonathan+Olivia apparently have some of the McNairy wintips in, as well as in black.
I checked them out today and let's just say that sadly I was disappointed.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems like the shawl knit jacket isn't really moving, even in popular sizes. This could bode well come sales time.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
FYI

Hey Guys and Gals

I am officially on a much needed vacation. Its been one year since the last one, so old grumpy me will chill out on the beaches of Cape Cod. Thank god Earl petered out and saved some sand for me stretch out on. Got me a pole too and going to catch me some fish.
Cape Cod is such an interesting place. It's actually were it all began. I enjoy reading about so many things that is historical about it such as Marconi's telegraph, origins of the first lifesaving units, Mayflowers first landing (great book by Nathaniel Philbrick called the Mayflower and his other books are great too) Edward Hopper (one of my favorites) etc. If you haven't visited Cape Cod, you should before you die.
Also, I spent my summer vacations on Cape Cod. I get a chance to relive those memories of packing up the Ford Country Squire station wagon (with wood paneled sides of course) with everything one could use while away plus the six kids and the dog. The scene was right out of a Norman Rockwell painting. Us boys always got a new pair of Levis jeans from Sears, rigid as hell, and ones that we would spend every barefoot summer day in. I used to take my new jeans to the beach and bury them in the sand for a few days so the the tidal water would soften them up.
My friend Jaime (my long lost childhood summer friend) and I would work odd jobs such as spreading bark mulch and staining houses. We worked 9>12, water skied from 12> 2 and worked again from 2>4. What a life! Most evening we drove around in his VW Mini Bus and looked for the action.
I think back now on the clothing that we wore then and especially the fabrics. Damn, I'm reliving this thing all over again and then, we didn't know **** about chambray but new we could get that shirt in the Army Navy store where we tended to buy most of our clothes. The only thing that we had to buy new and spend $75.00 for was our Walter Dyer (originator of the reintroduction of this moc) double ring mocs w/ a double sole which would inevitably be worn through at the end of summer but for $20.00, Walter would sew a new sole on.
There are so many things about summer and our childhoods that are a story and I hope you didn't mind me sharing part of mine. It somewhat relates to clothing but is also the fabric of who I am.
You all have to read "Once more to the Lake" by E.B. White to really understand vicariously living through others. The Points of My Compass was my favorite book of essay by him. Well, I started out talking about reading books and I'll end that way.
Now, gotta go pack the Chambray, Madras, Fatigues and Camp shirts because Summer is calling me.

What I really wanted to say was, while I'm away, Ian will be running the shop on an abbreviated schedule. We will be open today 9/4, Wednesday 9/8, Friday 9/10, Saturday 9/11. Give him a call if you have any questions. I will be sporadically mobile but hopefully have my head in the sand.

Later!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
No one knows ANYTHING about how to get the cable-knit vest?
frown.gif

Looks like the cable knit vest is available at Canvas Art Talk in Malibu.
Originally Posted by TintoTerra
Usually don't like western shirts, but this one is great.
Yeah, the fabric is great. I just picked one up in a grey w/ red mini pane at Jack Straw, but I'd definitely go for the navy one if it shows up somewhere.
Originally Posted by canstyleace
Anybody know if the oxford wool andover and/or cinch pants are fully lined this year? tia.
It looks like the andover's are lined in cotton. The pants are usually half lined, though I'm not sure on this season's.

himself

Reaction score
it looks like most everywhere is sold out of the non-stripe herringbone irving in L... is anyone that hasn't received/posted their stock yet getting one? restocks?

alex99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Tried on the Bike Jacket and it doesn't fit nearly as small as the measurements say. There is a little bit of a stretch to the material, so I was able to fit into my usual Medium, no problem.

Same here. I tried the bike jacket on at Bloomingdales in SF yesterday and my normal size (small) fit me fine. Barneys just got their EG in as well, but they only had a few pieces and I'm not a huge fan of their buy. The fireman's jacket in blue corduroy is nice, but fits really small. A medium fit me like a small in other EG jackets. I would maybe consider it at sale price. Bloomies had a bigger selection, with blue chambray work shirt, rust and navy, red and white flannel work shirts, bike jacket, storm parkas, grey diamond 19th bd, and a few others.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I checked out a few of the pieces yesterday at Bloomingdales in SoHo and the bike jacket is great, but the fit is definitely slimmer than a typical EG jacket, I tried my normal size on with just a tee shirt and it fit perfect, so I can't imagine layering too much under it.

Ry'on

Reaction score
I know this is off-topic in terms of the season but if anybody comes across a FW09 Navy Serge Wool Beford in medium - I would like to buy it please and thank you.
I have a Baker in the same material I would be up for releasing if the Bedford was available...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads