• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

W.W. Chan's New Website

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn
But there's much greater additional costs in accessing the SR tailors- if you don't want to wait in the US for tours, then you have to make several trips to the UK to get fitted since they take at least a few weeks to construct... with the HK guys, you can show up in HK and get a multiple-fitted suit done in 5 days.

Maybe so. I was just correcting JLib on his assumption on pricing.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
No. The correct choice is 1/2 a Westmancott.

What's the Beaman multiple?

confused.gif

Which reminds me: Will is one of the few men with the privilege of having the same suit unfinished by two different tailors. In addition to his extensive other experience, I feel this gives him a leg in...and a leg out...over others on the whole topic of tailored clothes at the unfinished stage.

I know that I am confounding two different Chan threads. It is my habit to keep people off balance.

- B

alebrady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
What's the Beaman multiple?

confused.gif

Which reminds me: Will is one of the few men with the privilege of having the same suit unfinished by two different tailors. In addition to his extensive other experience, I feel this gives him a leg in...and a leg out...over others on the whole topic of tailored clothes at the unfinished stage.

I know that I am confounding two different Chan threads. It is my habit to keep people off balance.

- B

too bad he did not give Des a shot - he could have had the trifecta

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I have to admit, I've never wanted to wear a suit that someone would feel tempted to call "sexy ****."

What if it were, "sexy shizzit?" Or even better:

"Sexo y violencia!"

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't go all Coldplay on me.

- B

Please elaborate.

I look like a racist cartoon of myself

Please elaborate.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
laugh.gif

He should move to the US when he gets out.

- B

Is Des in jail??

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Please elaborate.

I would rather not except to note that the end of this, should Bhowie continue on his current path, involves Gwyneth Paltrow and her Adam's apple.

Please: let us not discuss this ugliness in open company.

- B

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't say something is garbage if it's not perfect. Rather, my point is that one must consider the degree to which an attempt reaches perfection when assessing the flexibility to achieve the attempted goal. Your reasoning completely avoided this nuance. That Chan can do many different things to some basic level of competency does not establish it's flexibility in any meaningful way.
?
I don't want to get into this argument again, because I think the flaw in your reasoning comes down to a very basic confusion in definition. If by "flexibility," you mean the willingness to do different things, you might be right about Chan. However, under that definition, I'm even more flexible. I'll make you whatever you ask for. It will look like garbage, but I'm nonetheless being flexible, aren't I? On the other hand, if by "flexibility," you mean the ability to do exactly as well what others are doing differently, Chan--by your own admission--is not necessarily more flexible at all. It's only this second definition of the term that makes it useful to discuss.
Sorry for my limited English skills, but this discussion seems to have turned on its head. There was no "nuance" in your original definition. For you, "flexibility" means, well, meant, "the ability to do exactly as well what others are doing." Through the thick haze that separates me from a couple of hours ago, I seem to recall that I was arguing in favor of nuance. My suggestion, more or less, was that Chan is flexible because they do a decent job at many things though not as good a job as a house that specializes in whatever it is. Maybe you agree with me now. I don't know. Just for the heck of it, consider this hypothetical. Suppose you ran a company and had to hire a law firm or law firms to advise you on various aspects of your business, e.g. tax law, corporate law, securities law, human resources law, etc. You could hire a top expert in each of these fields or you could a single firm to do all the work. The single firm while not recognized experts in any of these fields, still did competent, even good, work in all of them and they only charged 1/4 as much as the top experts would. Wouldn't you give serious consideration to hiring the single firm to do your legal work even though they did not have "the ability to do exactly as well as" the top experts? Or would you reject the single firm out-of-hand and hire the experts because only the best will do?

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree with you disagreement with his disagreement.

- B

I disagree with your disagreement of his disagreement of his disagreement. And that's that. If you need further clarification, please google "Luis Suarez".

but my jacket looks pretty damned good.

It sure does, but the sleeves seem a bit too long, no? Chan would not have let you leave the house with a garment like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads