• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
The trousers, man, the trousers! Where are they?

go fail at hashtagging some more fool!

jk

(but seriously, I want to see that chambray and french blue.)

Arizor

Reaction score
For anyone who owns one, what size would you recommend in the club collar oxford shirt for a 42' chest?

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for Mike but I believe I switched my pre-paid order from a red club collar to a red button down--so I think they are planning on making one at some point.

Originally Posted by Blog Marley
not surte if you saw this on the last page or not but thought i'd ask again. Were you planning on doing the red oxford with button down collars in addition to the club collar ones?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
not surte if you saw this on the last page or not but thought i'd ask again. Were you planning on doing the red oxford with button down collars in addition to the club collar ones?

Yes, we just got a small run of them yesterday. Haven't had a chance to shoot them yet, so we'll probably put them up next week. They're exactly the same body as the Club's, just with our standard B/D collar.

Originally Posted by HelloIDistance
Just ordered a double faced shirt in cream. Really excited for it!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by PolePosition
Love the new double face shirts. Turned out much better than I initially imagined (the pics have sold me, whereas I wasn't originally interested during the poll)...which of the 2 shirts would look better on tan skin?

I was amazed when they arrived. That 3 inch swatch didn't really prepare me for how they would look completely made up. Both colors would work, but the Cream would probably look exceptionally good against tan skin.

Originally Posted by APK
The trousers, man, the trousers! Where are they?

Oh man, I'm working on those. Stuck in a photography backlog. I'm hoping to get them online this weekend.

Originally Posted by dzynr78
if i wear a medium in gitman vintage, would i wear a large in the epaulet oxfords?

and is the chest measurement from pit-to-pit or a little below?

Chest measurement is at pit-to-pit. If it's a Gitman oxford, then you'd probably take a Large in our shirts - most customers size up one from those. Can be tough to say though, as Gitman sizing isn't consistent among their different fabrics. If you have a ruler or tape measure, I'd try to measure the Gitman shirt and find the corresponding size.

Originally Posted by Arizor
For anyone who owns one, what size would you recommend in the club collar oxford shirt for a 42' chest?

Our XL is a pretty true 42, I'd go for that.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my shirt today, washing it in warm water hope it shrinks a bit...
Otherwise I have no idea what Epaulet size I am...
Got the SF Flannel in a Small - shrunk to too tiny
Got the SF Cream Doubleface in Medium - bit to big, but if it shrinks like my SF Flannel it shall be perfect...
We will see!

Otherwise I like the shirt looks great

Thanks

Arizor

Reaction score
Thanks Mike, I've ordered the club oxford in red, hope it wings its way to merry ole England quickly, got a wedding on the 1st of May I want to wear it to with my suit!

Christoff

Reaction score
Was hoping I could get a size suggestion on the shirts you are offering. I am a XS in Jcrew, don't know my pit to pit or any measurments at all sorry, anyway you could give me a rough estimate from that?

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide between the Black Double-Faced Cloth or the Lavender Pinpoint oxford....

L.I.T.

Reaction score
so would a size medium in Jcrew be a large in epaulet then? Jcrew medium's fit a little small in the neck and shoulders in their secret wash shirt for me. But seeing epaulet's chest measurements the large is a 42 while the medium chest is 40 and I'm a 40. I'm also a medium in uniqlo oxfords but those only fit good up top and have a bit too much ease in the bottom. Thanks in advance if anyone has answers.

Really interested in that pin dot in dark navy but really want to get the sizing right first.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The measurements on the site are pretty extensive. If you know your own measurements, you should have no trouble finding your size.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.I.T.
so would a size medium in Jcrew be a large in epaulet then? Jcrew medium's fit a little small in the neck and shoulders in their secret wash shirt for me. But seeing epaulet's chest measurements the large is a 42 while the medium chest is 40 and I'm a 40. I'm also a medium in uniqlo oxfords but those only fit good up top and have a bit too much ease in the bottom. Thanks in advance if anyone has answers.

Really interested in that pin dot in dark navy but really want to get the sizing right first.

Get the large, it should fit you perfectly.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.I.T.

Agreed, a Large should be right on for you. The actual size of a garment will always be a bit larger than its tagged size - as the tagged size is meant to represent the size of your body. But our size scaling is pretty consistent with J.Crew, so an Epaulet large should work if you find a J.Crew Medium to be a comfortable fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads