Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

The trousers, man, the trousers! Where are they?

go fail at hashtagging some more fool!

jk

(but seriously, I want to see that chambray and french blue.)

2. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

For anyone who owns one, what size would you recommend in the club collar oxford shirt for a 42' chest?

3. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

I can't speak for Mike but I believe I switched my pre-paid order from a red club collar to a red button down--so I think they are planning on making one at some point.

not surte if you saw this on the last page or not but thought i'd ask again. Were you planning on doing the red oxford with button down collars in addition to the club collar ones?

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

not surte if you saw this on the last page or not but thought i'd ask again. Were you planning on doing the red oxford with button down collars in addition to the club collar ones?

Yes, we just got a small run of them yesterday. Haven't had a chance to shoot them yet, so we'll probably put them up next week. They're exactly the same body as the Club's, just with our standard B/D collar.

Just ordered a double faced shirt in cream. Really excited for it!

Thank you!

Love the new double face shirts. Turned out much better than I initially imagined (the pics have sold me, whereas I wasn't originally interested during the poll)...which of the 2 shirts would look better on tan skin?

I was amazed when they arrived. That 3 inch swatch didn't really prepare me for how they would look completely made up. Both colors would work, but the Cream would probably look exceptionally good against tan skin.

The trousers, man, the trousers! Where are they?

Oh man, I'm working on those. Stuck in a photography backlog. I'm hoping to get them online this weekend.

if i wear a medium in gitman vintage, would i wear a large in the epaulet oxfords?

and is the chest measurement from pit-to-pit or a little below?

Chest measurement is at pit-to-pit. If it's a Gitman oxford, then you'd probably take a Large in our shirts - most customers size up one from those. Can be tough to say though, as Gitman sizing isn't consistent among their different fabrics. If you have a ruler or tape measure, I'd try to measure the Gitman shirt and find the corresponding size.

For anyone who owns one, what size would you recommend in the club collar oxford shirt for a 42' chest?

Our XL is a pretty true 42, I'd go for that.

5. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Got my shirt today, washing it in warm water hope it shrinks a bit...
    Otherwise I have no idea what Epaulet size I am...
    Got the SF Flannel in a Small - shrunk to too tiny
    Got the SF Cream Doubleface in Medium - bit to big, but if it shrinks like my SF Flannel it shall be perfect...
    We will see!

Otherwise I like the shirt looks great

Thanks

6. samsterdam

samsterdam Senior member

Just ordered the cream. Can't wait!

7. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Thanks Mike, I've ordered the club oxford in red, hope it wings its way to merry ole England quickly, got a wedding on the 1st of May I want to wear it to with my suit!

8. PolePosition

PolePosition Senior member

Just ordered the cream. Can't wait!

Me too!...Mike needs to stop taking our moneys away from us lol

9. Christoff

Christoff Active Member

Was hoping I could get a size suggestion on the shirts you are offering. I am a XS in Jcrew, don't know my pit to pit or any measurments at all sorry, anyway you could give me a rough estimate from that?

10. theom-

theom- Senior member

11. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Trying to decide between the Black Double-Faced Cloth or the Lavender Pinpoint oxford....

12. L.I.T.

L.I.T. Well-Known Member

so would a size medium in Jcrew be a large in epaulet then? Jcrew medium's fit a little small in the neck and shoulders in their secret wash shirt for me. But seeing epaulet's chest measurements the large is a 42 while the medium chest is 40 and I'm a 40. I'm also a medium in uniqlo oxfords but those only fit good up top and have a bit too much ease in the bottom. Thanks in advance if anyone has answers.

Really interested in that pin dot in dark navy but really want to get the sizing right first.

13. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

The measurements on the site are pretty extensive. If you know your own measurements, you should have no trouble finding your size.

14. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

so would a size medium in Jcrew be a large in epaulet then? Jcrew medium's fit a little small in the neck and shoulders in their secret wash shirt for me. But seeing epaulet's chest measurements the large is a 42 while the medium chest is 40 and I'm a 40. I'm also a medium in uniqlo oxfords but those only fit good up top and have a bit too much ease in the bottom. Thanks in advance if anyone has answers.

Really interested in that pin dot in dark navy but really want to get the sizing right first.

Get the large, it should fit you perfectly.

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Agreed, a Large should be right on for you. The actual size of a garment will always be a bit larger than its tagged size - as the tagged size is meant to represent the size of your body. But our size scaling is pretty consistent with J.Crew, so an Epaulet large should work if you find a J.Crew Medium to be a comfortable fit.