• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Massive post warning
Originally Posted by Kodiak
12910.jpg

Nice fit but if you're going to leave the jeans at that length, pull them down so they stack towards the hem and not all the way up to the knee
Originally Posted by adamha21
WARNING: LIFESTYLE PICS
Sheltie? Dig the look sans shoes
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
waywt10.jpg
Still trying to figure out why the jeans and A-Lifes don't look "right". Not sure if it's the lacing or the taper of the jeans or what. Here's the shoes from the side. If it's the taper of the jeans, I'll just reserve them for when I'm wearing the APC's (not wearing them now because I need a layer of long johns, as it's 10* F in CT).
waywt105.jpg

You're improving but stop trying to do boot tuck, it won't work unless you've got really chunky sneakers and really tapered jeans or high boots, put the hem over the top and get those shoes dirty
Originally Posted by I<3Bacon
4317723400_d59ee717c4.jpg
toj boo 19cm w+h

This is on point
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Your username is incredibly tasteless.
The reason why I ignore his posts and laugh at his fits....
Originally Posted by Homeless_Haitian
Its a ******* Earthquake, get over it.
I bet even French-speaking Haitians know that the sentence should read "It's a ******* earthquake, get over it."
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
braddog.gif

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
white phosphorous trollin edit: uncontrollin
I enjoy that you don't get all butthurt about criticism, it's refreshing
Originally Posted by Fathoms
Ok. What's wrong with the jeans on me? Could you or someone else explain a bit more, please. I though they're one of the best fit I have.
plain.gif

The framing on your pic is boring, this is not an art gallery, it's WAYWT. The focus should be on your fit not "OMG I can haz photoshop 2!!!"
Originally Posted by otter
i am sorry, but this jacket looks ill fitting to me
Originally Posted by otter
in everyway, from the shoulders to the chest to the length i just dont think fuumas proportions do justice to the intended look of the jacket
That's because you don't know Ann D.
Originally Posted by schrike
I've been lurking for a while now; first fit with decent clothes (though apparently my photography skills still suck): hoodie - Man of Moods t-shirt - AA jeans - SDA belt - Express boots - Alden Trying out the shirt-jacket; not sure what I think of it with the hoodie, but I guess it didn't turn out well in this picture. shirt-jacket - Mr. Olive
First hoodie looks really short, especially with the bottom unzipped. Can't really see details in the second fit. You're going to have trouble finding things that fit with the aesthetic I think you're going for, slim things will be too short and long things will be too big. Most Japanese brands won't work for you in length

schrike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
First hoodie looks really short, especially with the bottom unzipped. Can't really see details in the second fit. You're going to have trouble finding things that fit with the aesthetic I think you're going for, slim things will be too short and long things will be too big. Most Japanese brands won't work for you in length

Thanks for the feedback. I have really long legs compared to my torso, which doesn't help with this. I have a Japanese dress shirt that I like to wear untucked, because I think it does help with the length and proportions. The lighting sucked in the second picture and I already had changed; but it sits an inch or so below the bottom of the hoodie, so it is a bit better.

I'll also try and get some pictures nearer eye-level, and see if that makes the proportions look a bit better.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
DSC01709.jpg
DSC01706.jpg
DSC01702.jpg
DSC01704.jpg

MJK beanie
Nordstrom house brand ("Black Rivet") coat
Dunderdon hoodie
Club Monaco wool cardigan
Carin Wester "Joakim" anti-fit jeans
Filippa K boots

I gave up trying to make inside photography look decent after about eight minutes of fiddling. Hoodie coat combo doesn't look great here but is decent IRl.

I like this. Something about the jeans and boots together doesn't look quite right though. It's cool to see going in a different direction.

otter

Reaction score
I like this. Something about the jeans and boots together doesn't look quite right though. It's cool to see going in a different direction.
thats the problem, as you can tell from his pics that he is experimenting with certain styles...and sometimes 3 styles in one fit arw is lucky as he has the type of proportions that most guys will kill for...ok maybe he needs to work on building up his puny neck

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ARW, I'm sorry to say but I just dont know about the past handful of WAYWTs you've posted lately. Don't get me wrong, you got some sweet pieces but you hodge-podge them together and it looks a little overdone. Maybe reduce the amount of pieces per fit and make them a bit more cohesive within the fit. For example, that cardigan without a shirt underneath is, well, gay; that is in comparison to the rest which is militant/baggy/edgier. just my .02 I <3 Baconz, pretty much perfect. I wish my jacket looked like that when open, I feel that mine tends to look better closed up. But the jacket, button up, jeans, and boots are all pretty much envy-able.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^i like this, ARW. the jeans fit perfect, love the way they look, and I think they work well with the drape of the coat. I'm not sure how the cardigan and hoodie works together since i can't tell from the pictures. All in all, I like.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shhh, just don't let the general public find out...

And just because you found out who makes all the good pieces online doesn't mean you were dressed by the net...

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jesus christ, give the kids back

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
WTF is Vin Diesel doing in WAYWT?

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or Arnie back in the day. Come to think of it, what is with all the buff actors working with children??? I guess they're probably targeting the mom demographic. Those are cool jeans, though, Dexter. Who makes em?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long does your phone have to ring before you're able to pry them out of those jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads