• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneblood

Reaction score
Ice cold but oh so true

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Oversized sweater = feminen?
laugh.gif
Have you ever seen old man style batman sweaters? They're a dime a dozen at your nearest thrift store. Jerry Seinfeld is a pop culture example of the typical 90's 'dad' look - the casual sportsgear coupled with big sweaters, jackets and dad jeans topped off with a not-too-short but not-too-long scruffy haircut.

oversized sweater alone is not feminine, + really tight pants and a tuck and its kinda feminine sq4u, i think all of us here at SF are just worried that you are really uncomfortable wearing those shirts, but if they feel great and you like how they look, go for it! tight shirts on skinny frame >>> tight shirts on super muscly frame, the latter just seems like you are trying to show off, but the former is an indication of self confidence, imho

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erzu
can your head even fit in that helmet?

<promise, that's the last one...must resist must resist lol>

while( erzu == troll )
worthlessPostCount++;​

still waiting on that fit pic....

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Charcoal Oversized sweater :Stephan Schneider Black dress shirt: Maison Martin Margiela Black waxed cords:April77 White hi-tops: Maison Martin Margiela
Would prefer other shoes but I don't see the hate.
Originally Posted by sq4you
i think you missed the entire first half of the convo....
  1. Xenox said the jacket was "suffering."
  2. I said i agreed in that his torso was too big for the jacket.
  3. Aegulus said the jacket was too small for his torso.
  4. I said the designer of the jacket created it for "normal" proportions and hence Aegulus' wording was simply the cheerful way of stating what i stated.
  5. You arrive and eloquently call people marsupialed.
Woah brah, the name's Gravitas, gruh-veet-us. (8,3,10) Anyway, I guess I just don't understand the tendency of this board to use hyperboles (eg: disintegrating garments, buttons flying off [maybe not in the case of sizing down 6 or 7]).
Originally Posted by jet
andyliu retailiating like x26 because fuuma ripped him a new one in a prior thread
So glad I put this fool on ignore (along with Kent Money)! I honestly far prefer xeno's posts, at least they are (unintendedly) humorous.
IMG_0336.JPG
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_85faL1pvsuQ/Sy...0/IMG_0346.JPG

Button looks to be pulling. I'd say the pics you posted are just evidence of fine tailoring (as opposed to the extreme slimness you think they convey). And before you start criticizing me for not getting the look and dressing in all workwear, i'll just state that I don't (wear all or mostly workwear). May I ask what the pants are?

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Errr no, Julius set up a showroom in Paris every fashion week and fly their own people and use their usual pr firm (Totem) like every ******* company in the world. They have the new stuff and line sheets and whatever and you make your order. If you don't like it well no Julius but no Balenciaga or Rick Owens either, the process is very similar everywhere. People on sf gotta stop repeating the weird crap they hear from anonymous sources. As for prices well what can I say, Margiela is a global company and it is still way less expensive in Europe; it's the nature of the fashion beast. Julius pricing are in-line with their costs and yes, carried at prestigious stores with somewhat stiff markups; they're a fashion line with runway shows sold at exclusive boutiques, not on the same level as LM or DBSS IMHO (who both show in Japan and are still pretty good). For the record many Japanese companies have either individual or multi-label showrooms in Paris and/or Milan, from Visvim to N Hoolywood. YY has a beautiful space but he's YY.
I did not get that info from an anonymous source. I got it from a shop owner whom I had asked about the possibility of them carrying Julius and The Viridi Anne. They had inquired previously (about 3 years ago) and been told of minimum $ amounts per order that were higher than most other brands they deal with. Totem may only be a promoter, but why do the Japanese companies represented by them have grossly higher prices on their products outside of Japan (as compared to the non-represented Japanese brands sold in the US)? Might Totem be involved in recommending pricing or minimum order requirement policies to their clients for the purposes of increasing the perceived cachet of the brands they represent? I would have to think that is quite likely since a good promoter would be concerned about such issues. There is something very different about the pricing on a brand like Julius that you or anyone else has failed to explain. Why is Julius only a slightly more expensive brand than DBSS in Japan, yet in the US it is a far more expensive brand than DBSS-- e.g. why are the Julius retail prices 100% higher in the US than Japan, yet DBSS is only 20% to 30% higher? All this talk about Paris and runway shows fails to explain this discrepancy. All I can come up with is that Julius must be more highly regarded outside of Japan than it is inside Japan.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And why is that? because a person can't control their weight? correct me if i am wrong but you are here on this forum, posting pics of yourself, just like everybody else (except erzu that is...) you only know how to play one chord on the violin? the shirt fits exactly how i want it to. not everyone likes their **** as baggy as you. get over yourself.
IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG

i think this look is fine . I like the slimmed tops as well, being small i don't like my shirts hanging off my back with like a yard extra cloth than needed.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ more knowledge
worship.gif
. waiting for fuuma comeback

we need more industry insiders to post. hella informative.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And why is that? because a person can't control their weight?
Some can't very easily. But even if they can, who cares? People work with what they have, and soonami does a great job of putting together fits. It's the commenting about it in a harsh way that made you look (and sound) like a dick.
correct me if i am wrong but you are here on this forum, posting pics of yourself, just like everybody else (except erzu that is...)
Actually, they aren't me.
get over yourself.
This is not possible. Besides, I like to think I that I actually help people out sometimes around here, like hooking them up with custom shirts, sending them vintage buttons at no cost, alerting them of sales, helping with sizing info...

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And why is that? because a person can't control their weight?

correct me if i am wrong but you are here on this forum, posting pics of yourself, just like everybody else (except erzu that is...)

you only know how to play one chord on the violin?
the shirt fits exactly how i want it to. not everyone likes their **** as baggy as you. get over yourself.
IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

If you look at the slim fit shirt pictures you posted, they don't pull at the chest in any way, true there are examples of good looking shirts that do pull a bit in the chest (eason would attest to this) but yours isn't particularly flattering, the crease of your pulled up jeans adds to this pulling effect. I also think your sleeves are too long which is giving you a good deal of elbow stack.

Lastly I think your facial hair doesn't quite suit the aesthetic you're going for, a clean shave and a trim up top with some hair product would look much better imo.

On a positive note I like your jeans and the fit is good.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
uh i hope this pic was just taken for your internet friends, and you didnt actually leave your residence dressed like that...

reminds me of the numerous girls i see wearing oversized sweaters + leggings tucked into boots, though in your case its mmm highs

eg

I had dinner with a bunch of people dressed like that, yes. It is also inspired by "female" layering, yes. My RLPL was in the wash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads