• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sigh.

I am not sure why this always happens to me but let me reiterate where I stand on this.

I DO NOT KNOW IF THESE ARE REAL BEGG'S OR NOT. I HAVE NO WAY OF TELLING NOR HAVE I STATED ANYWHERE THAT THESE ARE KNOCK OFFS.

I DID SAY THAT:

1) THE SIZE IS NEW TO ME. TO MY KNOWLEDGE BEGG MAKES A 60 INCH AND A 72 INCH, BOTH PLUS FRINGES.
2) THE LABELS THAT HAVE COME WITH THE BEGG'S THAT I HAVE PURCHASED FROM A CERTIFIED REP I HAVE POSTED EARLIER. I HAVE BEEN INFORMED VA PM THAT OTHERS HAVE PURCHASED LEGITIMATE BEGG WITH NO NAME ON IT OTHER THAN THE CONTENT AND WASHING INSTRUCTIONS. HAVE I MISLED ANYONE BY SAYING THAT MY TAG IS DIFFERENT THAN THE ONE THEY POSTED? I DID NOT MEAN TO, I MERELY SAID IT WAS D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T.
3) THE PRICE IS VERY LOW FOR AN EXPENSIVE PRODUCT AND EVEN COMPARABLE TO SIMILARLY LOCATED REPUTABLE RETAILERS IN THE UK.
4) LIKE ALL "DEALS" TAKE YOUR CHANCES, AND KNOW THAT YOU ARE DOING JUST THAT.

This is all that I have said and all that I wished to convey. Why it may be so I dont know but I apologize if anyone was MISLED by my statements.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

mgomes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
Here is a site that sells in the UK:

Their prices are 73.40 pounds for the smaller scarves (30cm x 150cm) less VAT (but more for shipping and customs). AND their Begg Label is like the one that I and SirSuturesAlot posted above and unlike the eBay sellers label that lists 100% Cashmere with no mention of Begg on the label.

Incidentally Begg did a second tier of cashmere two years ago called Crumbrea or something of the sort, I dont remember exactly offhand. I highly doubt they would label their factory seconds Begg and dilute the quality of the brand.

Isn't this a women's only shop? or are the scarves unisex, size seems smaller?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FIHTies, some of us are eagerly awaiting any reply from Begg itself. if you would be so kind as to poast whatever you hear
cheers.gif

snorky

Reaction score
In reply to comments regarding the sale of Beggs scarves I would like to add some clarification. It is not a he selling the scarves on ebay it is a she and she is my wife who is deeply upset at the accusations that the scarves on sale are fake.We live in Largs Ayrshire,25 miles from Beggs factory in Ayrshire and the scarves are purchased from the factory outlet. My wife has a 100% record on ebay, which she takes seriously.If someone had the gumption to check her other sales you would recognise the vast selection of sales over many years including clothes, toys and other items which she has had 100% feedback on. She has now contacted ebay directly to address this situation. After reading the comments here, we are delighted that someone has taken the time to contact Beggs directly. I look forward to this person posting that they are indeed genuine and recieving an apology online for the distress caused.I hope that this goes some way to address your concerns. A phone call to ebay or Beggs directly will also provide further reassurance.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snorky
In reply to comments regarding the sale of Beggs scarves I would like to add some clarification. It is not a he selling the scarves on ebay it is a she and she is my wife who is deeply upset at the accusations that the scarves on sale are fake.We live in Largs Ayrshire,25 miles from Beggs factory in Ayrshire and the scarves are purchased from the factory outlet. My wife has a 100% record on ebay, which she takes seriously.If someone had the gumption to check her other sales you would recognise the vast selection of sales over many years including clothes, toys and other items which she has had 100% feedback on. She has now contacted ebay directly to address this situation. After reading the comments here, we are delighted that someone has taken the time to contact Beggs directly. I look forward to this person posting that they are indeed genuine and recieving an apology online for the distress caused.I hope that this goes some way to address your concerns. A phone call to ebay or Beggs directly will also provide further reassurance.

snorky - thanks for weighing in. There is a lot of hot air posted on some of these forums posted by arm chair "experts". I wouldn't take it too personally, although there are concerns if your business is negatively affected by these kinds of accusations...

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snorky

Are these seconds then?

Jack2000

Reaction score
What is pretentious about someone being upset about being accused of selling fake merchandise and saying that the welcome the scrutiny of the original manufacturer? The guy is just standing up for his wife's reputation--I think most people react the same way if they we in a similar situation.

snorky

Reaction score
In answer to your query, no they are not second hand they are sold at factory outlet prices.
Regarding the second comment by stylemaven "super pretentious"how ridiculous, the reply I posted was in response to watching the mother of my three children being very upset by a completely unfounded accusation. Thank you Jack2000 for understanding my concern.

Jack2000

Reaction score
Seconds means "Factory Seconds", not second hand. Factory seconds are sold cheaper because they are flawed in some way--a run in the fabric, coloration is off etc. Thinkderm was asking about that, not if they are used.

randob300

Reaction score
I'm finding it hard to believe that Begg sells first quality scarves, at a deep discount, as a kind jesture to the locals through their factory store, thus undercutting their ability to sell at retail. If these scarves are factory seconds, it should be noted as such in the listing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics