• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Events and PSA thread

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
24,409
Reaction score
5,889
My friend and trouser maker Salvatore Ambrosi will be in New York City between February 18th and 24th to meet with new and old clients. In addition, Gennaro Solito, the esteemed Neapolitan tailor, will be present to take orders for jackets and suits. Salvatore is still working out the hotel details, so I will keep you posted about the exact location. But, until then, here's a price list: Pants: $700 Jacket: $2,100 Suit: $2,800 These prices relate to 'standard' cloths. You can e-mail Salvatore at [email protected] to make an appointment.
 

Cornellian

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2007
Messages
404
Reaction score
5
I didn't know Ambrosi does coats as well...
 

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
24,409
Reaction score
5,889
Originally Posted by Cornellian
I didn't know Ambrosi does coats as well...

No, he doesn't. Solito does coats. Ambrosi is the trouser maker.
 

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
25,756
Reaction score
168
Interesting.

Do you know, Matt, if they both plan on returning to fit clients after taking orders on this trip, or is this strictly a measure and then ship to you type of thing?

I ask because they seem to visit at irregular and widely spaced intervals.


- B
 

Ambrosi

Senior Member
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
149
Reaction score
6
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Interesting.

Do you know, Matt, if they both plan on returning to fit clients after taking orders on this trip, or is this strictly a measure and then ship to you type of thing?

I ask because they seem to visit at irregular and widely spaced intervals.


- B







I depend on my travel orders that I receive ...

We come on February 18 and go away on 22 February 2009 ..

Our return to New York is that after a month in March, then we measure all the pants, jackets and dresses that our customers have chosen ...

If you want to meet just to see our work please send me a meil and I put in my appointments

Thank you
Salvatore
 

Cornellian

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2007
Messages
404
Reaction score
5
Originally Posted by mafoofan
No, he doesn't. Solito does coats. Ambrosi is the trouser maker.

That's what I figured. It's a little confusing from the way the post is written. Thanks for clarifying.
 

mockingboy

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
893
Reaction score
436
What type/style of coats does Solito make? Have you ever seen/bought one?

Thanks,

Mike
 

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
9,464
Reaction score
27
Given the exchange rate, now might be a good time to place a Savile Row order.
 

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
25,756
Reaction score
168
Originally Posted by Ambrosi
I depend on my travel orders that I receive ...

We come on February 18 and go away on 22 February 2009 ..

Our return to New York is that after a month in March, then we measure all the pants, jackets and dresses that our customers have chosen ...

If you want to meet just to see our work please send me a meil and I put in my appointments

Thank you
Salvatore


Thank you for replying, Salvatore.

Would the same be true for Mr. Solito? In other words, if he does receive orders on his February trip with you, his clients could expect him to return to New York to fit them?

Again, thank you.

- B
 

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
25,756
Reaction score
168
Originally Posted by mockingboy
What type/style of coats does Solito make? Have you ever seen/bought one?

Thanks,

Mike


I'm wearing a Solito suit here.

Keep in mind, as I note in that post, that the suit was not made for me.

Here he is in his shop looking quite elegant:




- B
 

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
9,420
Reaction score
301
This is great news. I'm planning on making an appointment, anyone up for a meet up on Sat the 21st?
 

Ambrosi

Senior Member
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
149
Reaction score
6
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Thank you for replying, Salvatore.

Would the same be true for Mr. Solito? In other words, if he does receive orders on his February trip with you, his clients could expect him to return to New York to fit them?

Again, thank you.

- B




I will be more clear.

The Sartoria Ambrosi Sartoria Solito, will come to NY and back to February to March ..

The jackets have signed Solito and trousers Ambrosi, this procedure is done for the clothes ..

Thank you
Salvatore
 

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
25,756
Reaction score
168
Originally Posted by Ambrosi
I will be more clear.

The Sartoria Ambrosi Sartoria Solito, will come to NY and back to February to March ..

The jackets have signed Solito and trousers Ambrosi, this procedure is done for the clothes ..

Thank you
Salvatore


Thank you.

- B
 

Ambrosi

Senior Member
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
149
Reaction score
6
Originally Posted by whnay.
This is great news. I'm planning on making an appointment, anyone up for a meet up on Sat the 21st?


meil may send me for an appointment either with me or with Solito ..

Thank you
Salvatore


Meil: [email protected]
 

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
9,420
Reaction score
301
Originally Posted by Ambrosi
meil may send me for an appointment either with me or with Solito ..

Thank you
Salvatore


Meil: [email protected]


Once I firm up my plans I'll send over a request.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

  • Blue

  • Red

  • Gold

  • All of the Above

  • None of the Above


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
460,103
Messages
9,983,612
Members
207,925
Latest member
ceracadiabetes
Top