Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. yace

yace Well-Known Member

what does standard fabric include?
    And premium?
    Thanks.

My friend and trouser maker Salvatore Ambrosi will be in New York City between February 18th and 24th to meet with new and old clients. In addition, Gennaro Solito, the esteemed Neapolitan tailor, will be present to take orders for jackets and suits.

Salvatore is still working out the hotel details, so I will keep you posted about the exact location. But, until then, here's a price list:

Pants: $700
    Jacket: $2,100
    Suit: $2,800

These prices relate to 'standard' cloths. You can e-mail Salvatore at [email protected] to make an appointment.

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I'm wearing a Solito suit here.

Keep in mind, as I note in that post, that the suit was not made for me.

Here he is in his shop looking quite elegant:

[​IMG]

- B

He tends to, from what I have seen, make a more fitted coat than that in general. Obviously, he can make a drapey one as well, but the voluminousness in that pic should not scare people away who would prefer something leaner.

3. Ambrosi

Ambrosi Senior member

what does standard fabric include?
    And premium?
    Thanks.

Velluto, moleskine, tasmania 150's, flannel, mohair, linen Irish and Italian linen, cotton drill, etc. ..

Salvatore

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

He tends to, from what I have seen, make a more fitted coat than that in general. Obviously, he can make a drapey one as well, but the voluminousness in that pic should not scare people away who would prefer something leaner.

BTW, in that Menswear mag. that he has in that pic, he is quoted as saying something to the effect of "come to me for what I do, not for what you want". In other words, don't be an internerd and go ask him to make you a Tom Ford cut [​IMG]

5. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Yes, you can see that the one that I have has a much cleaner chest...here's a different shot than the one I linked earlier in this thread...

[​IMG]

...so that tells me both that he can do both ranges, but also that if you see him, you should be clear on how you want the chest and back to be, lest you get a clean chest when you want a bit of drape, or a bit of drape when you wanted a clean chest.

- B

6. lefty

lefty Senior member

In other words, don't be an internerd and go ask him to make you a Tom Ford cut.

Nicely played, but it won't work.

lefty

7. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I like what he makes for Maurizio Marinella.

8. AvariceBespoke

AvariceBespoke Senior member

No, he doesn't. Solito does coats. Ambrosi is the trouser maker.

No, no, no, not this time, Consigliary. No more meetin's, no more discussions, no more Sollozzo tricks. You give them a message from I want Solozzo if not it's all out war we go to the mattresses.

9. AvariceBespoke

Any major differences between Gennaro Solito and Raphael Raffaelli?

10. mikeber

mikeber Senior member

mafoofan, what is the process with these guys? I assume that when meeting you first, they take your measurements and order and later they deliver a finished suit? Or does the process involve fittings? From the frequency of their visits I guess it might be difficult to have several fittings. Am I wrong?

11. AvariceBespoke

mafoofan, what is the process with these guys? I assume that when meeting you first, they take your measurements and order and later they deliver a finished suit? Or does the process involve fittings? From the frequency of their visits I guess it might be difficult to have several fittings. Am I wrong?

From what I understand regarding the trousers: First meet you get measured and you choose your fabrics. Second meet in March they return with trousers for another fitting. If they need to be adjusted again (they probably will) they will make the notes of adjustments. Afterwards they will fix back home in Italy and I believe then mail you finished product.

I believe M. Fan had one additional step when he had pants made based on reading his blog.

12. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Any major differences between Gennaro Solito and Raphael Raffaelli?
    Yes.

13. R.O. Thornhill

R.O. Thornhill Senior member

Quick question - do either of these gentlemen ever visit the U.K? Or would I need to travel to Naples for a pair of Ambrosi trousers?

14. Ambrosi

Ambrosi Senior member

Quick question - do either of these gentlemen ever visit the U.K? Or would I need to travel to Naples for a pair of Ambrosi trousers?

certainly by the end of the month of February I will also be in London ..

Stay connected to see my travel ...

thanks
    Salvatore

15. Ambrosi

Ambrosi Senior member

The first visit is to prenderele measures and select the fabrics, the second time bè to prove that both the trousers and jackets baste, enon finished ..
    After the measure dispatched all at home ..

For more information may apply to Mr. Manton, he already has Rovato to make trousers ...

Thank you for your interest

Salvatore