Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Razeus

Razeus Senior member

These sales from Jos are nothing new. Last Thursday they were running buy one get one free, which is the equivalent.

2. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

If anyone could recommend anything good at JAB, I might stop in.

3. kev777

kev777 Senior member

I'm finding it hard to believe that Begg sells first quality scarves, at a deep discount, as a kind jesture to the locals through their factory store, thus undercutting their ability to sell at retail. If these scarves are factory seconds, it should be noted as such in the listing.

Why is this so hard to believe ?? There are many sellers on ebay who source their goods from factory outlets and "move on" to folks who cannot visit factory outlets themselves. Many of the goods are not seconds but merely last years designs , slow movers and over stock items. This lady maybe doing exactly this and making a bob or two in the process. Burberry at one time used to do exactly as you have stated, they would sell items through the factory store at very deep discount and unless you lived locally you would never have known. So yes locals did get a very good deal.

4. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Many of the goods are not seconds but merely last years designs , slow movers and over stock items. This lady maybe doing exactly this and making a bob or two in the process. So yes locals did get a very good deal.
    My Begg Rep indicated that these are legitimate and Authentic. Grab them now from the eBay seller, Begg was uncomfortable with them on eBay and will do their best to keep them off eBay in the future.

5. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Basically, what Style Forum has collectively accomplished is wrongfullly accusing some woman of selling fakes and completely undercutting her ability to sell these scarves in the future. Well played, guys.

6. Low Budget

Low Budget Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts.

7. gilwood

gilwood Senior member

I'm still waiting for a decent coupon for Barney's so I can pick up a pair of C&J's.

8. randob300

randob300 Senior member

Basically, what Style Forum has collectively accomplished is wrongfullly accusing some woman of selling fakes and completely undercutting her ability to sell these scarves in the future. Well played, guys.
    Actually, I would say it's the exact opposite. Now that these have been 'verified' as being authentic (let's be honest, with the amount of fakes out there, questioning any luxury brand isn't a bad idea), she has a known market that will buy her goods. If I were her, I would start posting them on B&S and avoiding the hassles/costs of eBay. This is also why we have authorized/official dealers. If you're not an authorized/official dealer and are selling a company's goods on eBay, you open yourself up to these questions.

9. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Senior member

Begg was uncomfortable with them on eBay and will do their best to keep them off eBay in the future.

Ouch.

10. The Contrarian

The Contrarian Well-Known Member

so lets understand, If through investigation about an ebay seller a seller of fake zegna ties gets closed down then its a good thing and should have been done. if through investigation of a seller of what proves to be a legitimate the company closes her down and you can no longer get cheep goods then its a travesty. i guess thats collateral damage for you.

and lest be real, we dont really care that she can no longer sell these scarfs. we care that she can no longer sell these scarfs to us cheaply.

gotta love sf.

11. apropos

apropos Senior member

so lets understand, If through investigation about an ebay seller a seller of fake zegna ties gets closed down then its a good thing and should have been done. if through investigation of a seller of what proves to be a legitimate the company closes her down and you can no longer get cheep goods then its a travesty. i guess thats collateral damage for you.

and lest be real, we dont really care that she can no longer sell these scarfs. we care that she can no longer sell these scarfs to us cheaply.

gotta love sf.

Good job, trying to pass your opinion off as consensus. [​IMG]

And a contrarian too. How refreshing.

12. snorky

snorky Member

FIHTies- Unfortunately due to the press we recieved. Begg has informed my wife that the sale of these goods on ebay compromises their market and have withdrawn from selling to her.
    To those people who purchased a scarf, you got a bargain, To all those ill informed people have a nice xmas maybe you should check your facts before killing an opportunity for someone to purchase a quality item at a reasonable price and stop a very small business opportunity from developing.
    Finally, thanks to those few people who offered a few kind words.

My wife remains upset by the whole business.

13. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Actually, I would say it's the exact opposite. Now that these have been 'verified' as being authentic (let's be honest, with the amount of fakes out there, questioning any luxury brand isn't a bad idea), she has a known market that will buy her goods. If I were her, I would start posting them on B&S and avoiding the hassles/costs of eBay.

This is also why we have authorized/official dealers. If you're not an authorized/official dealer and are selling a company's goods on eBay, you open yourself up to these questions.

The woman seemed very happy to be selling on ebay, which is an established marketplace with a worldwide audience. Styleforum is some unknown entity about which the seller has no knowledge. She has no ability to run an auction. She has no ability to prove her value as a seller through a ranking system. More than 90% of her sales on SF would wind up being overseas. Ebay provides many benefits to her as a seller. She may have no interest whatsoever in selling here, and I would entirely understand that.

It should be her choice where to sell, regardless of whether you or anyone else thinks SF is a better option. Some people on here have completely undermined her ability to sell in her marketplace of choice. That sucks for her.

14. Low Budget

Low Budget Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to purchase more scarves from your wife, fortunately I already won three auctions. What a shame [​IMG]

15. Jack2000

Jack2000 Senior member

Crappy ending to a crappy thread. I am genuinely sorry for your wife Snorky. I hope she can find some way to continue her business.