• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B
the only jacket i wouldnt ever really wear as a coat is a norfolk.

^ yeah I figured there was something odd about that statement, thanks for clearing it up though.

Now my new challenge is to find that norfolk (or baker) in xs.

eusticity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by canstyleace
I'm actually curious as to how you wear your baker, but let me explain a bit, I like to wear the jackets more like a coat or layering piece and I rarely wear them like a traditional SC with a bd shirt or shirt and tie, and since only the norfolk and the baker were made in this material, I'm currently leaning more towards the norfolk becuase it has more of a coat feel to it than the baker imo So wondering if you ever wear that baker more like a coat, lapel unfolded or fully buttoned to the top? how does that look? do you like it? I've never really seen photos of the baker worn with the unfolded lapels or even fully buttoned up, I know the upland looks great worn in this manner and I tried a corduroy norfolk at barneys the other day it also looks good worn like this, so just wondering how the baker compares, thanks....
I mostly wear the Baker as a coat, especially in early fall it was too warm to wear indoors. When the temp locked in at 45° for about a month, I could usually be seen with a J.Crew JaspÃ
00a9.png
hoodie (over a tee) underneath the Baker. I was often comfortable keeping it on inside to work as a blazer. Since I walk to campus I did sometimes button up the collar against the wind and did like how it looked.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Hey, they are cream colored heavy wool boot socks!
smile.gif
I know, socks are on my list. I just have such a hard time finding decent ones and haven't looked too hard online...

Thanks, dragonxking.

Why not J.Crew made in Vermont boot socks? They are on sale for about $10 now.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, yeah, I was in store, and I for some reason didn't quite like the boot socks. Call me strange, but there was something about the marled knit that I wasn't crazy about. So, here is what I got, plus one extra treat:
4159662308_bb6dd682c3_o.jpg

mitchellmcm27

Reaction score
Sup guys. I just got my argyle bedford in from Farinelli's. Surprised I haven't seen anyone else get this, it's awesome. So I figured I'd share some pictures. I don't plan to wear it like this most of the time. I'll probably dress it up a bit more with some chinos and a flannel or oxford or something. I made sure not to use flash because the argyle stands out a lot more under the flash
teacha.gif
. These pics are very representative of what it looks like.

DSC_0006.jpg
DSC_0020.jpg
DSC_0018.jpg

The wool is really soft and not scratchy at all, and I love the fit. For reference: I'm 6'1", 170lbs and this is a M and it really is a perfect fit. God I love this jacket.

Oh, those are my keys in my pocket
facepalm.gif

JO3B

Reaction score
toru, i wouldn't doubt that you'd be able to find it on yoox or the like next season.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B
toru, i wouldn't doubt that you'd be able to find it on yoox or the like next season.
laugh.gif

I would like one, but I wouldn't spend more than $100 on it as I'd probably only wear it like once or twice a year.

dragonxking

Reaction score
i almost bought that same bedford mitchell, and I regret not going for it. Man, I love the cut of the bedford jacket. It has to be my favorite EG item.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads