Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Robert

Robert Senior member

From yesterday Black cord Andover (FW08, and surprisingly warm) and Indian print scarf (SS09):
    [​IMG]

I like how you wear the cap in the j. crew shot a little better, with the cap pulled back more:

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/catalog...61939&index=66

2. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

3. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

zissou: Seeing that picture makes me wish I hadn't sold my Andover. Ah well. I should have bought a Medium instead. (If you wish to donate yours to me, I'd send you a thank you card.)

4. eusticity

eusticity Senior member

Lenin cracks me up.

@canstyleace Dibs are yours, but can't imagine selling; I've worn it almost every day this fall!

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

I like how you wear the cap in the j. crew shot a little better, with the cap pulled back more:
    LOL come on, that guy has about ten years on me! I'm flattered, though.

ahjota- It's a great jacket, I must say, but I hardly ever wear it. I've thought about selling it, but it's so nice! Sorry, I hope I'm not making you feel bad.

Quality reading material
    [​IMG]
    Engineered Garments CPO from FW08

6. Robert

Robert Senior member

7. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

z, I wouldn't have worn it, period. It was a fairly close fit on me when I bought it, which ultimately made it a lot less useful to me in the long run.

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

I know what you mean. I think my M fits like a glove, without any room at all to spare. I really like the cut, though, and the fact that it's so warm precludes me from having to layer under it much.

9. dragonxking

dragonxking Senior member

damn, zissou you have the dopest workwear

10. eusticity

eusticity Senior member

damn, zissou you have the dopest workwear

The socks could use a little work. [​IMG]

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

Hey, they are cream colored heavy wool boot socks! [​IMG] I know, socks are on my list. I just have such a hard time finding decent ones and haven't looked too hard online... Thanks, dragonxking.

12. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

@canstyleace Dibs are yours, but can't imagine selling; I've worn it almost every day this fall!

No worries Eusticity, I'm just jealous [​IMG] but thankfully I have my cpo shirt jacket to satisfy my lust for this color and pattern.

I'm actually curious as to how you wear your baker, but let me explain a bit, I like to wear the jackets more like a coat or layering piece and I rarely wear them like a traditional SC with a bd shirt or shirt and tie, and since only the norfolk and the baker were made in this material, I'm currently leaning more towards the norfolk becuase it has more of a coat feel to it than the baker imo

So wondering if you ever wear that baker more like a coat, lapel unfolded or fully buttoned to the top? how does that look? do you like it? I've never really seen photos of the baker worn with the unfolded lapels or even fully buttoned up, I know the upland looks great worn in this manner and I tried a corduroy norfolk at barneys the other day it also looks good worn like this, so just wondering how the baker compares, thanks....

13. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

i've tried one of those on and they're great. that being said, i think you could have afforded to sz down one.

and FYI the newport jacket is also available in this fabric. i have one in navy and i wear it both like a blazer and a coat. the same goes for my bedford. the only jacket i wouldnt ever really wear as a coat is a norfolk. the rest i think work as both.

14. Jimmyleaf

Jimmyleaf Well-Known Member

I also bought the same exact CPO and it is a bit large to be worn as a overshirt. However it looks great unbuttoned and used as sort of a light shirt jacket.

15. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

@JO3B,
    Yeah I know but I had to settle for a sz small since I couldnt find an xs anywhere that stocked this particular item, good thing is that the shoulders are ok and I can layer more under it without issues, this is a great layering piece btw and I really like it better buttoned up as a top or mid layer piece but agree with ^Jimmy^ in that it also looks great unbuttoned, I'll try to make it work for me but if it doesnt then its off to the b&s forum.

I also knew about the newport but that thing is fugly imo so not even considering it as an option, I pretty much dislike anything double breasted.

btw-you have to be kidding about the norfolk, right? that thing rocks as a coat, different strokes I guess, cheers.