• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Jon looks like the kinda kid who gets rock hard when someone tells him he's "mature for his age". Also looks like he does everything possible to give off that vibe to earn that pseudo-compliment. Meh

laugh.gif
This deserves a high five (or maybe just a quote)!

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
wow you're even less mature than even chronoaug had assumed

also you don't look great, or even good. just adequate. can't believe i didn't notice how wrinkly your pants were.

fuji, nice to see something different! looks good. i don't think the shoes go with it, though!

eason is a fierce ***** as always but really what can i say

and lol wmmk

I'll have to go back to polos tomorrow. I only have 2 T shirts, would have bought more but Paul Smith had very few in stock. Jon, you look like your confused between dressing up and dressing well. A sack jacket a size too big and wrinkled chinos doesn't make you look good. I basically did the same thing a year ago when I wore crap ill fitting dress clothes.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, this

Originally Posted by g transistor
You sound like a dick.

Uncontrol hit this. You don't look good. You look alright, like every other college student who tries on a jacket and dress shirt to look totally gnar. But hey, I bet you take so many ladies to the get wet shoppe with that outfit and your pretty face that you don't need any internet dude's approval!

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
I'll have to go back to polos tomorrow. I only have 2 T shirts, would have bought more but Paul Smith had very few in stock. Jon, you look like your confused between dressing up and dressing well. A sack jacket a size too big and wrinkled chinos doesn't make you look good. I basically did the same thing a year ago when I wore crap ill fitting dress clothes.
I think the dirty white sneaks work alright. I mean, you're going for the diorhomme type thing and that fits in well. The jacket looks nice. You're right though. In the US (dunno what it's like elsewhere) there is still the misconception that dressing nice = blazers and tie. That's why anytime someone wears a ugly oversized shiny blue dress shirt, bad slacks and square toed orthopedic looking dress shoes lots of people will say "you look sharp." I think it's the reason so many guys wanting to look fashionable to others try to force ties, vests, blazers into every look despite being of college age or having no reason to wear a blazer/tie. It's not that they necessarily look good but that it fits in best with most people's warped sense of "style" Then again, the tool with the 2 sizes too big shiny dress shirt and ugly wide tie probably is feeling super cool, confident and happy. Keep posting though. It's nice to have a poster who has consistent fits

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fixed

Originally Posted by chronoaug
I think the dirty white sneaks work alright. I mean, you're going for the diorhomme type thing and that fits in well. The jacket looks nice.

You're right though. In the US (dunno what it's like elsewhere) there is still the misconception that dressing nice = blazers and tie. That's why anytime someone wears a ugly oversized shiny blue dress shirt, bad slacks and square toed orthopedic looking dress shoes lots of people will say "you look sharp." I think it's the reason so many guys wanting to look fashionable to others try to force ties, vests, blazers into every look despite being of college age or having no reason to wear a blazer/tie. It's not that they necessarily look good but that it fits in best with most people's warped sense of "style"

Keep posting though. It's nice to have a poster who has consistently mediocre bordering on appaling fits that make him look like tom hanks in big.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^awesome cow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads