• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wurlwyde
Recommend me a dope suit by a dope label...PLEASE!

Thick as Thieves? Great fitting suits for <$500. Run a search for them here.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wahwho11
Could someone direct me to some brands that make short sleeve sweatshirts? I know skull makes, but they don't carry 42(large). Thanks

Alexander Yamaguchi.
black_crew_neck_sweatshirt.jpg

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AHShadow
Thanks, I'll probably get the Sand Suede instead of grey. I don't know if I want to get the 511 since I tried some on and they were way too much tight for my liking. I sized up one afterwards and it was still tight. I'm more into Slim-Fitting jeans instead of Skinny jeans since I have quite big thighs cause I played soccer for like 8 years. Though I don't really know any other nice Black slim fitting jeans that are under 100$...

Yeah, well after thinking a bit, I think I'll not buy the black sneaks. But yeah, I do like black & white since I know they will fit me well, and since I don't have a good wardrobe yet, going with the basics should be first no? I would like to get some colors though, that's why I want the Epaulet Flannel.

-for slim but not quite as slim as the 511 and still cheap (they're snug on me in the thighs too) I'd suggest some H&M sliqs if you have an H&M around.

As far as the buttondowns- I'd avoid the AA buttondowns... they're not that great of quality especially considering they aren't that ultra cheap. As always it depends on build, but Gap fitted BDs sized down one can work, and they pretty much always get marked down to 20 to 30.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a cheap western/flannel type of shirt in a bold red?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Anyone know where I can get a cheap western/flannel type of shirt in a bold red?

Check out Uniqlo's EXPLORER. Filter by Men's, Shirts (not Shirt), and Red and you'll have a good number of options.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other than Uniqlo. I buy a **** load of clothes from them whenever I go to Hong Kong and it just seems silly to go buying Uniqlo in the US.

Dustiny

Reaction score
Totally new here. In lieu of an introduction I'll go ahead and ask if anyone knows of a decent leather jacket that's not $1000 but not a mall-brand rag?

A little Mike and Chris-ish?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dustiny
Totally new here. In lieu of an introduction I'll go ahead and ask if anyone knows of a decent leather jacket that's not $1000 but not a mall-brand rag? A little Mike and Chris-ish?
Let me suggest Temple of Jawnz as a source of leather jackets which kill on price-to quality.
Originally Posted by blynch
brown shoes that can be go with pants+bd/tie as well as jeans. Price ~$150 or less. Ideally they should be comfortable and durable.
Something else to work with? Dressy, not dressy...I read this and think "Clarks Desert Boots" b/c your request is vague... lemmywinks: no other suggestions except for Dunderdon...sorry.

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Something else to work with? Dressy, not dressy...I read this and think "Clarks Desert Boots" b/c your request is vague...

Medium dressy? Definately not looking for desert boots (I do have a pair though). Looking for something to wear to the hospital (with dark gray slacks, bd, tie, and white coat) or out to the bar(dark jeans+button down).

I'm thinking something like a brown PS cage, but a lot cheaper. I'm open to other styles though -cap toe, wing tip(maybe), etc.

dunemesssiah

Reaction score
First time poster, have a quick question. I'm looking for some decent jeans for around $50, any brand suggestions? I usually wear ones from express or hollister, but is there a better alternative? Poor unemployed college grad so until I get a job I'll have to attempt to look good with less. Thanks guys.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsjustadrian
go with a pair of levi's 511s or 514s.

+1 on the 511s. I own a pair and they're great jeans for the price.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
Medium dressy? Definately not looking for desert boots (I do have a pair though). Looking for something to wear to the hospital (with dark gray slacks, bd, tie, and white coat) or out to the bar(dark jeans+button down).

I'm thinking something like a brown PS cage, but a lot cheaper. I'm open to other styles though -cap toe, wing tip(maybe), etc.

So my search for that "flexible" shoe continues. I'd suggest NDC Made By Hand (although I'm not sure of their quality) or PS as possibilities...for $150 you won't find a shoe that looks good in both arenas while maintaining a high quality. Better to save up and get a nice pair in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads