• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Had a Dark and Stormy last night but it was made with crap ingredients so it was only meh. I do like the drink though. Anybody have a recommendation for a good ginger beer and a dark rum?

The only way to have a dark and stormy--Gosling's and Barrits.

Thank me later.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
The only way to have a dark and stormy--Gosling's and Barrits. Thank me later.
She had bought a Goslings dark and stormy gift pack and it came with some ****** canned gingery soda/beer thing. The only dark rum's I've tried were Goslings and Myers and I preferred the Goslings by a mile. Is there anything else worth trying out there?

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sazerac cocktail. My not-that-secret-nor-original recipe is soooooo good. I believe I've posted it before.

1.5 oz Sazerac 6 yr old rye
0.5 oz Remy Martin 1738 cognac
0.25 oz Grande Absente absinthe
3 dashes Peychaud's bitters
1 dash Angostura bitters
0.25 oz simple syrup (1/1)

Stir with ice. Remove ice, then drink.

Simply perfect. Yes, I know I didn't instruct to squeeze the essence of a lemon peel over the drink, but it is still amazing.

countbasie

Reaction score
Jameson whiskey 2 cubes of ice and a splash of soda water
nod[1].gif

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Just opened a bottle of Knob. The plan is to get stinking drunk at my friend's b-day party tonight.

Shouldn't be much of a problem, although I question your choice of whiskey. It's all about Woodford Reserve.

Originally Posted by Rambo
Had a Dark and Stormy last night but it was made with crap ingredients so it was only meh. I do like the drink though. Anybody have a recommendation for a good ginger beer and a dark rum?

The more important ingredients are ladies, a boat, and a blazing hot sun.

Originally Posted by countbasie
Jameson whiskey 2 cubes of ice and a splash of soda water
nod[1].gif

Blasphemy!

I'm sequestered for the bar review. Opting for gin and tonic at the moment.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
Sazerac cocktail. My not-that-secret-nor-original recipe is soooooo good. I believe I've posted it before. 1.5 oz Sazerac 6 yr old rye 0.5 oz Remy Martin 1738 cognac 0.25 oz Grande Absente absinthe 3 dashes Peychaud's bitters 1 dash Angostura bitters 0.25 oz simple syrup (1/1) Stir with ice. Remove ice, then drink. Simply perfect. Yes, I know I didn't instruct to squeeze the essence of a lemon peel over the drink, but it is still amazing.
As good as this sounds you really need a better name for it than Sazerac cocktail.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Provincial wine sale is on again right now. Picked up a random sampling of about 20 bottles the other night. Cracked open a 2005 Wither Hills Pinot Noir from the Marlborough region of New Zealand to celebrate being called to the bar. It was fantastic. Unlike any pinot I've had before. It was watery and thin to the point I thought it wasn't going to be any good because there wasn't much on the nose either. But I'll be darned if it wasn't great. I can't really put my finger on what about the wine was so different, but it was really complex without any of the flavours overpowering and coming to the forefront. I had it on its own, but it would have been great with game.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't just change the name of the first American cocktail ever created.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denning
Provincial wine sale is on again right now. Picked up a random sampling of about 20 bottles the other night. Cracked open a 2005 Wither Hills Pinot Noir from the Marlborough region of New Zealand to celebrate being called to the bar. It was fantastic. Unlike any pinot I've had before. It was watery and thin to the point I thought it wasn't going to be any good because there wasn't much on the nose either. But I'll be darned if it wasn't great. I can't really put my finger on what about the wine was so different, but it was really complex without any of the flavours overpowering and coming to the forefront. I had it on its own, but it would have been great with game.

Congratulations. I'm studying for the bar exam now.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
I can't just change the name of the first American cocktail ever created.
I always root for the Old Fashioned in that role -- a long rivalry. Why does it seem that everyone needs everything to have bling these days? The Sazerac is a fine name. ~ H

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had this little Argentiniean 06 cab the other night with some grilled ribs and shrimp...very nice little pour for $11.99

luna-benegas.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads