What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Had this little Argentiniean 06 cab the other night with some grilled ribs and shrimp...very nice little pour for $11.99

[​IMG]

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I can't just change the name of the first American cocktail ever created.
    Take credit for someone else's invention. It's the American way!
    I always root for the Old Fashioned in that role -- a long rivalry. Why does it seem that everyone needs everything to have bling these days? The Sazerac is a fine name. ~ H
    Mostly because nobody knows about these drinks and they really should be more popular. I'm fine with Sazerac cocktail myself but I've been to a few bars and the bartenders have had absolutely no idea what it is. I love when they have to refer to the bar-tending guide. At that point, I usually go with something on the rocks. According to the cocktail Wiki, the Old Fashioned was 1st.

3. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

I am partial to a Sazerac over an Old Fashioned. Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy an Old Fashioned. But I'm a great rye fan and I prefer it, as well as cognac, to bourbon. When it comes down to it, the choice between an Old Fashioned and a Sazerac is the same as between a chrysanthemum and a carnation. Whatever suits your circumstances and mood takes the day.

4. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Had this little bottle last night with some double creme brie.

85% Negroamaro and 15% Malvasia Nero

Alone it's very spicey and meaty up front with carmalized red fruits coming in for the finish with nice tannins rounding out the acidity.

With the brie there's more of a vanillia note on the front with ripe blueberries finishing it off.

Not bad for $13

[​IMG]

5. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Savoy Corpse Reviver #2.

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

St. Rogue Red Ale.

Kind of disappointing. The hops don't come through like they ought to. Too crackery, and the dryness makes it hard to truly enjoy.

7. edinatlanta

Moved on to Rogue Imperial Red Ale (guess I'm doing a Rogue flight tonight)....

Needs to warm up a bit, so I've just been smelling it....banana bread dominates, a little toffee and caramel but mainly malty goodness with a little cereal...

Taste-malty, a little hoppiness, clove similar to an Adventinus, warming at the end... pretty good, standard flavors. Hides the ABV quite well. Just not worth the $15 for a bomber.

8. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Dogfish Head Aprihop... stocked up after finding a supplier out near me in the SF Bay Area:

[​IMG]

9. MrG

MrG Senior member

[​IMG]

Plus

[​IMG]

In a Mason Jar, because it seems like the right thing to do.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

'06 Merry Edwards Sonoma Coast PN for dinner.

Now a pear martini.

Next, thinking of trying a Sazerac cocktail, using Louis XIII, Pernod absinthe and agave syrup.

Edit: Wow, interesting Sazerac.

11. edinatlanta

Now a pear martini.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. edinatlanta

Dogfish Head Aprihop... stocked up after finding a supplier out near me in the SF Bay Area:

Every time I've tried to drink Aprihop the most charitable description I could find is fermented urine. I appreciate anyone who can drink it.

13. nicad2000

nicad2000 Senior member

An old fashioned glass packed with ice, filled to the brim with Plymouth, and the juice of one small lime added. I can't think of a more refreshing drink on a warm North Carolina evening.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    What's wrong with that? Three parts pear Grey Goose, one part simple syrup, garnish with sliced Bosch pears...very refreshing. And I followed it up with 2k brandy in my Sazerac, with real absinthe. That's gotta count for some real cred.

15. edinatlanta

What's wrong with that? Three parts pear Grey Goose, one part simple syrup, garnish with sliced Bosch pears...very refreshing.

And I followed it up with 2k brandy in my Sazerac, with real absinthe. That's gotta count for some real cred.

That's cool. I was thinking you were on some emasculated "martini" trip. All credibility restored.

Now drinking Lagunitas 2009 correction. Holy heck this smells so good I don't want to drink it. Oregano, orange blossom honey, piney hops, lemon zest, a little limoncello, and fresh cut grass on the aroma. A lot more but its too late in the evening for me to identify much of the aromas. Could find so much more.....

Taste... a good aqueous, then piney hops flavor. It kind of reminds me of going hiking and that smell when the rain has just let up and the pine needles are slightly wet--yeah that's what it tastes like. Very refreshing. Maybe the tiniest amount of soap or metal at the very end of the sip, can't tell for sure. This is a great IPA, regardless of what the label says.