What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

I foresee a post in about 4 or 5 hours: "Uhhh yeah, my friends bailed on me. Got drunk alone. Good night!"

LOL

Oh kwilk, you understand conne so well that it is startling.

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Had a Dark and Stormy last night but it was made with crap ingredients so it was only meh. I do like the drink though. Anybody have a recommendation for a good ginger beer and a dark rum?

The only way to have a dark and stormy--Gosling's and Barrits.

Thank me later.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

The only way to have a dark and stormy--Gosling's and Barrits. Thank me later.
    She had bought a Goslings dark and stormy gift pack and it came with some shitty canned gingery soda/beer thing. The only dark rum's I've tried were Goslings and Myers and I preferred the Goslings by a mile. Is there anything else worth trying out there?

4. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

Into French martinis and a lovely Vacqyueras

5. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

Sazerac cocktail. My not-that-secret-nor-original recipe is soooooo good. I believe I've posted it before.

1.5 oz Sazerac 6 yr old rye
    0.5 oz Remy Martin 1738 cognac
    0.25 oz Grande Absente absinthe
    3 dashes Peychaud's bitters
    1 dash Angostura bitters
    0.25 oz simple syrup (1/1)

Stir with ice. Remove ice, then drink.

Simply perfect. Yes, I know I didn't instruct to squeeze the essence of a lemon peel over the drink, but it is still amazing.

6. countbasie

countbasie Member

Jameson whiskey 2 cubes of ice and a splash of soda water[​IMG]

7. NakedYoga

NakedYoga Senior member

Just opened a bottle of Knob. The plan is to get stinking drunk at my friend's b-day party tonight.

Shouldn't be much of a problem, although I question your choice of whiskey. It's all about Woodford Reserve.

Had a Dark and Stormy last night but it was made with crap ingredients so it was only meh. I do like the drink though. Anybody have a recommendation for a good ginger beer and a dark rum?

The more important ingredients are ladies, a boat, and a blazing hot sun.

Jameson whiskey 2 cubes of ice and a splash of soda water[​IMG]

Blasphemy!

I'm sequestered for the bar review. Opting for gin and tonic at the moment.

8. r...

r... Senior member

go.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Sazerac cocktail. My not-that-secret-nor-original recipe is soooooo good. I believe I've posted it before. 1.5 oz Sazerac 6 yr old rye 0.5 oz Remy Martin 1738 cognac 0.25 oz Grande Absente absinthe 3 dashes Peychaud's bitters 1 dash Angostura bitters 0.25 oz simple syrup (1/1) Stir with ice. Remove ice, then drink. Simply perfect. Yes, I know I didn't instruct to squeeze the essence of a lemon peel over the drink, but it is still amazing.
    As good as this sounds you really need a better name for it than Sazerac cocktail.

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

As good as this sounds you really need a better name for it than Sazerac cocktail.

That's the name of the drink.

11. denning

denning Senior member

Provincial wine sale is on again right now. Picked up a random sampling of about 20 bottles the other night. Cracked open a 2005 Wither Hills Pinot Noir from the Marlborough region of New Zealand to celebrate being called to the bar. It was fantastic. Unlike any pinot I've had before. It was watery and thin to the point I thought it wasn't going to be any good because there wasn't much on the nose either. But I'll be darned if it wasn't great. I can't really put my finger on what about the wine was so different, but it was really complex without any of the flavours overpowering and coming to the forefront. I had it on its own, but it would have been great with game.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

That's the name of the drink.
    I know, but it's so boring. Needs a snappy name.

13. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

I can't just change the name of the first American cocktail ever created.

14. NakedYoga

NakedYoga Senior member

Provincial wine sale is on again right now. Picked up a random sampling of about 20 bottles the other night. Cracked open a 2005 Wither Hills Pinot Noir from the Marlborough region of New Zealand to celebrate being called to the bar. It was fantastic. Unlike any pinot I've had before. It was watery and thin to the point I thought it wasn't going to be any good because there wasn't much on the nose either. But I'll be darned if it wasn't great. I can't really put my finger on what about the wine was so different, but it was really complex without any of the flavours overpowering and coming to the forefront. I had it on its own, but it would have been great with game.

Congratulations. I'm studying for the bar exam now.

15. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I can't just change the name of the first American cocktail ever created.
    I always root for the Old Fashioned in that role -- a long rivalry. Why does it seem that everyone needs everything to have bling these days? The Sazerac is a fine name. ~ H