• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I Came across their website for the first time, they have some really nice looking shirts. How is the quality? At that price point I'm guess they're probably in the same league as Charles Tyrwhitt (crappy) ?

Mark Bannerman

Reaction score
in th uk they are considered the cheaperst shirtmaker both in funds paid and quality received. They have a constant sale of shirts for 25 pounds....so not expensive but very rarely would i consider buying from there unless it was an emergency

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're not that bad, espcially for that price. Better than Tyrwhitt in my opinion, and a lot better than 99% of US makers, but admittedly not as nice as Coles, H&K, H&H, or T&A, etc.

The collars are a bit bigger than Tyrwhitt's.

Siggy

Reaction score
Their shirts are not bad. As mentioned, they have a perpetual sale. Their collars tend to shrink in washing and they are not very slim fit, but not the usual American tent size either. All told I think they are quite good for the price considering most competition and worth trying, especially since the pound sterling has dropped.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
TM Lewin is my favorite UK maker after Turnbull & Asser. The main draw for me is the fit - everything is just right for me and for the price there's no point in looking any further.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AgentQ
Fit aside, how would CT and TM Lewin compare to BB?
I haven't tried BB for a while, but they are both superior to BB shirts from a few years ago, IMO

kester

Reaction score
I have a few TM Lewin numbers, and have been fairly disappointed with the results. The quality is pretty decent, and are fairly weighty, but the fit (especially slim fit) for me is a long way off the mark.

Saying that, I have a friend with a few and they fit him very well - the shops allow you try on all the different cuts and sizes, so give that a go if you're unsure (and over in the UK...).

I've found Hawes & Curtis slim fit Brandon or Curtis shirts (double and single cuffed) the best on the high street - they retail higher, but will bring them down to £25 for sales quite often.

penguin vic

Reaction score
I like them. They're quality is good for the price, they fit me well, deliver fast, are very responsive on email and are better quality than most of the shirts sold in department stores here in Melbourne at half the price.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like TM Lewin shirts. They fit me much better than the CT shirts, and for the price, are definitely good value for money. It depends on what you want from a shirt, I suppose ... They certainly aren't as good quality as T&A or some of the better Italian manufacturers like Truzzi, but then you're paying a fraction of the price. They're good for daily wear... I would try them out and see how you like them.

koolhistorian

Reaction score
Good quality for the price, better than high - street shops, have some, but after taking the plunge for Harvie and Hudson, I had stayed there!

savilerogue

Reaction score
Defintitely better than CT and much better value than the hideously overpriced Thomas Pink. For people on a budget they're perfect. I've got one Lewin white herringbone that's lasted longer than any other shirt in my wardrobe.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like them too. Their slim fit is perfect for me off the rack, if you are shipping to the US, you save VAT, my last bunch of shirts on sale cost me under $40 per shirt shipped, though there was a delay due to some strange credit card question they had, and their customer service was not great. Once it was taken care of, I had the shirts in a week.

Quality seems pretty good, especially for that price point, there's not much you can do with a $37 shirt. Mine have held up well to washing, and far outperform my CT shirts.

There may still be a working discount code around here. Do a search.

pred02

Reaction score
I just came back from London with 4 of their shirts (Slim fit) and do like the fit, style and quality very much. It fits much better than BB, and if you like the British designs, they have a variety of colors and designs to choose from (which is kind of hard to find in the US unless you go Pink or CT). I have not had a chance to try other Jerymn Street shirts, but these ones are just fine.

I also want to try H&H, which do 3 for 100 quid, but I cannot see slim fit shirts on their site. Does anyone have a link?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics