• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Automatic bullhead, my fav. summer watch.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wearing a Speedmaster today. Need a chrono to time some steaks later.
speedmastergj9.jpg

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sanrensho
It's the SARB030 - from the new "mechanical" line. I'm not sure about availability outside Japan, but this guys ships overseas:
One of the few sellers to sell "brights", but find him to be expensive ...

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Enfant
Here is one of my favorites....

spa0163qn9.jpg

Shot with SAMSUNG at 2008-08-30

Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin? That's what I'm wearing right now, in fact! I applaud your good taste! ;D It is undeniably one of the most elegant dress watches around.

KBW

Reaction score
watch.jpg

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KBW, your Prospex diver is a beaut! I actually thought it was a Marinemaster at first.
shog[1].gif

KBW

Reaction score
I'll post my Marinemaster later tonight. I have a lot of watches but probably more Seikos than anything else.

DPW I'm not sure to be honest...saw it posted in the sale area of a watch forum I used to go to and bought it immediately. I'm actually looking for another one myself.

Kaizen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
This probably doesn't count as 'Appreciation', it's not in the same league as most of the watches in this thread, but I just bought this on eBay:

---picture snipped---

I hope this meets with your approval (and I hope I didnt overpay too much for it)
laugh.gif

Even though I generally don't like square/rectangular watches, that one looks great. As a vintage collector, I like to find something a little bit different, and that watch has something special. Plus, Longines is a much better brand than most people are aware of. Good catch!

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ths
New Orient Star Diver
o_wz0371fda.jpg
o_wz0351fda.jpg
I can't help loving the power reserve feature.

I just bought an orient mako from japan (not here yet)...great watches especially for the money...but DAMN those are almost 1200 bucks. Mine was around 300

ths

Reaction score
I have the "mako" in blue, but its not under the "star" line of Orient watches..
The star line is suppose to be "better"

Anyway to me its the most beautiful and reliable diver for the money...

KBW

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know why I called the Mako an Orient Star...typing while I was reading your post I guess.

I may buy a Pepsi bezel Mako. I don't own a watch with a Pepsi bezel and I like the Mako's version the best of any I've seen. Took forever of typing in different keywords but I found one on ebay that I'm watching. People don't know how to list Orients on ebay.

About the watch band I've asked and asked trying to find out who makes it but nobody is giving an answer. I'll find out by tomorrow though if I have to go down to Geiss and Sons and talk to the guy there as I want to order two more for future use as I love it.

Orient is definitely an underrated watch company and MAY be owned now by the company that owns Seiko.

KBW

Reaction score
Bad news on the watch band. I asked around and the guy I got the original from got them from another guy on the forum who made about 20 of them and no longer has the materials to make them and doesn't have much interest in making more. I offered what I feel is a great deal for him to make some more if he can get the material or similar to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads