• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Worst WAYWT Thread

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all about "peacocking". Chicks are just looking to see that you dress differently. If you are super confident and know how to attract them, then you could technically get them by wearing a thong bikini. But looking nice makes it easier.

You don't need to dress flashy, SF-approved outfits will do. But even in SF-approved outfits, you are still standing out as looking differently. In fact, I'd say SF outfits probably stand out more because not as many people wear suits properly, etc. I get lots of looks and pointing and even sometimes ridicule by what I consider relatively tame (often trad) outfits.

In the end though, if you know you're the ****, then people will pick up on it. I literally cringe thinking about some of the outfits I wore when I first came to SF.

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cufflinks
I don't think these guys are necessarily about following trends. A few of them might be, but a great many are all about the fit and the details as you say. The blog itself actually has entire articles stressing the importance of good fit.
followed by a post touting the virtues of this shirt. As a lot of people have stated here...it's good that they want to break the mold but they do it by mixing and matching pieces of the same low quality of clothes they used to wear. I think the best part about places like SF is the introduction to niche brands that people especially outside of major city would never encounter. It doesn't help that their community is united under the subtext of desperation and creepiness

Shraka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
The average person dresses like utter ****. Being better dressed than the average person is not a compliment in anyway.
I disagree. Dressing better than total **** is at LEAST a step in the right direction. Some of the stuff in the blog are okay, even nice! I wouldn't wear it myself, but I wouldn't think someone wearing it was a completely lost cause. I particularly like this article on Asian casual style.
Originally Posted by tiecollector
In fact, I'd say SF outfits probably stand out more because not as many people wear suits properly, etc. I get lots of looks and pointing and even sometimes ridicule by what I consider relatively tame (often trad) outfits.
In Australia, especially at a university dressing in a suit at all is considered way over the top, and I stick out a lot. And that's when I'm not even wearing a tie... and my suits aren't even particularly nice!
Originally Posted by DBoon
followed by a post touting the virtues of this shirt. As a lot of people have stated here...it's good that they want to break the mold but they do it by mixing and matching pieces of the same low quality of clothes they used to wear.
I think someone could pull that off. The graphic is unnecessary though.
Originally Posted by DBoon
It doesn't help that their community is united under the subtext of desperation and creepiness
True true.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finding your own style is the ultimate goal. but it's tough, really tough.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Oh my god, please tell me that no one has done this. Please please please.
Desperation is a stinky cologne.
Originally Posted by Lel
To them it's all about outdoing one another, which is why they would applaud such gaudy tacky outfits. Loud outfits, to me, is not a replacement for good fit.
Maybe in the case of the forum posters, but in general, (as I've posted before on some thread that got into the issue of stripey shirts and other obnoxious clothing for men on the prowl), wearing things that look well out of the "safe" range of things actually displays some vague sense of confidence to onlookers. The rationale being that, assuming you also can speak and prove you are not just foreign or totally clueless to reality, you must be reasonably confident that you can go out in public wearing something outlandish and not get your ass kicked. Also, unusual clothing is something that can be an easy conversation piece to break the ice between people. For example (I'm not recommending this, nor was I intending to "peacock", but) I wore the Hawaiian shirt that Rye made fun of to a bar, and two different, unrelated girls commented positively on it and started talking to me because of it (or at least it gave them an excuse). I'm not making a habit of wearing weird stuff based on that experience, but it's hard to deny that it does have an effect. OTOH, one could potentially get the same effect by wearing something like a Jason-approved mod suit outfit, but the problem there is that unless you also seem like a fun person, people will more likely think you are weird, or an accountant or something. Anyway, while some of that whole culture is quite creepy (okay, a lot of it) I have to applaud their efforts, however misguided, to improve their social lives. Too many people settle for too little, IMO. And also, I have to figure out how to make money on it.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shraka
I particularly like this article on Asian casual style.
The examples in his article are real good, none of his followers look anything close to those examples though.
eh.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Naw style forum.

The people there are so stuck up, so it really doesn't bother me.
example
"I don't trust shoes that retail under $500"
Not to mention nearly 90% of the people in their waywt would get flamed to death over here, so it all balances out

EDIT: Heres the latest two pics of the guys that are the main ones flaming me. I thought the second guy was a girl lol. It was the second guy that said the thing about the shoes. Keep in mind both of these guys probably paid around 3k to upwards of 5k for the outfits their wearing. Also, Im not going to post their pics out of privacy, but their linked if you wanna click them.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...04-08_1258.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3094/...939dda4bed.jpg

I'll take that as a compliment; I wonder if they've seen Chris's pictures?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how nuts they would go over Fade2Black, Chris, and some of SoCals more adventurous outfits.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hisroadside

Reaction score
Don't most of you guys sell drugs so no one will think your gay since you have an interest in clothing?[/quote]

Only in between bouts of beating prostitutes and flushing feeble HS kids heads in the toilet.

Originally Posted by LabelKing
WAYWT_2.jpg

This is just that disgusting.

props to the kid, hes apparently huge(size US 15 6ft 7) so it must be pretty hard to find anything that would fit him, be thankful he doesn't slay stray dogs and wear their fresh pelts on his back. he does need to stop smoking (or at least not glorify it), trim his beard and cut his hair though. he is posing for the pic and is trying to look "badass" though so.....

Originally Posted by Joshua Arson
I have so much more confidence now that I don't just wear some crappy graphic tee and relaxed fit jeans that are two sizes too big. It's amazing how much it helps, especially if you're kind of awkward to begin with.

Of course, if I dressed like most of the guys at kinowear I'd probably have less confidence because I'd hopefully realize how much I looked like a tool.

yeah but they don't realize so they are confident and do probably get more girls.

Originally Posted by tiecollector
all about "peacocking". Chicks are just looking to see that you dress differently. If you are super confident and know how to attract them, then you could technically get them by wearing a thong bikini. But looking nice makes it easier.

You don't need to dress flashy, SF-approved outfits will do. But even in SF-approved outfits, you are still standing out as looking differently. In fact, I'd say SF outfits probably stand out more because not as many people wear suits properly, etc. I get lots of looks and pointing and even sometimes ridicule by what I consider relatively tame (often trad) outfits.

In the end though, if you know you're the ****, then people will pick up on it. I literally cringe thinking about some of the outfits I wore when I first came to SF.

knowing your the **** does help. so does beating up prostitutes when you're sporting a nicely fit canali sport coat and a thong bikini just to prove you can peacock and not be gay.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Can we get some Jet fits in here?

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got damn. how the HELL did I end up on THAT corner of the internet?

jesus...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
You should post some fits and talk about how you get all the bitches with those Raf sandals.

ahahaa

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads