1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Worst WAYWT Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by XeF4, Jul 29, 2008.

1. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member

2. LooseChange

LooseChange Senior member

A guy on page 8 was flamed pretty hard when he posted over here at SF, then talking about his Steve Madden shoes he goes, "They got flamed pretty hard on SF, but I hate how 99% of everyone there dresses anyways." Anyways, have you checked out the blog though? http://www.kinowear.com/blog/ I actually like it a lot.

3. Lel

Lel Senior member

*in reference to SF*
    they make me laugh
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] EDIT: Ahh, I see you are a member LooseChange. I understand your style a lot more now. Edit Again: I'm enjoying myself browsing through these forums and I recently saw a topic where a guy wanted to redo his entire wardrobe. He said he had saved up $3400. It pains me to know that this was all wasted =/

4. Arcane

Arcane New Member

no wonder he dress like that when he lives inside a trashcan with brick wallpaper

5. modagg

modagg Senior member

It appears Kinowear is a forum to learn about the art of "peacocking". Apparently thru the use of loud colors, it attracts girls; similarly to the male peacock's use of huge colored feathers to get tail.

6. LooseChange

LooseChange Senior member

[​IMG] And the women come running. Seriously though, there's a lot of ideas behind that "peacocking" thing. Just my two cents; don't miss out on reading the articles on the blog just because the forums are ummm, not up to par.

7. Tcameron

Tcameron Senior member

I'll agree the blog over there isn't terrible, but keep in mind these people have simply different tastes that people here at Style Forum. (I will concede that Steve Madden shoes are distasteful in any situation, however.)

Kinowear - make her look twice*

*so long as you have time to slip the ruffee in her drink in between.

8. clarity

clarity Senior member

Reading those forum labels(kinowear, make her look twice) my expectations was maybe something a bit more elegant and interesting.

I find it ironic how the bottom of page 8 is "lol SF" and then page 9 is "hey look at their discount codes guys!" But I think the poster 'kev07' seems respectable in what he says after the random spams our discount codes.

The last pic on page 9 got a good chuckle out of me before I exited the window though.

9. modagg

modagg Senior member

I'll agree the blog over there isn't terrible, but keep in mind these people have simply different tastes that people here at Style Forum. (I will concede that Steve Madden shoes are distasteful in any situation, however.)

Kinowear - make her look twice*

*so long as you have time to slip the ruffee in her drink in between.

Right, they seem to be concerned with things like fit and getting good deals (remind you of another site?) and don't seem to want to look like billboards (how most "stylish" teens dress). For a bunch of hs kids, I'm impressed.

10. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

It appears Kinowear is a forum to learn about the art of "peacocking". Apparently thru the use of loud colors, it attracts girls; similarly to the male peacock's use of huge colored feathers to get tail.

Wow.

This comes from a buddy of mine died laughing when he read and insisted I read it as well: The Game by Neill Strauss. It's a true personal narrative about a balding Rolling Stone reporter who infiltrated the U.S. "pick-up artist community" and became the world's "foremost pickup artist". Exploits include living in a mansion with other pickup artists where Courtney Love would pay visits.

While the fact that the "pick up community" exists is scary, the book was actually a quick, entertaining, hilarious read. Recommended.

Oh...and the idea of "peacocking" was to intentionally look like a jackass...to wear gawdy clothing as to literally make a woman pick you out of a crowd.

11. hisroadside

hisroadside Senior member

one post advised the wear of combat boots. HOLY SHIT!!!!! Combat boots are well suited for....Combat, hell even soldiers avoid combat boots as much as possible because of how painful they are, not to mention they look like combat boots, functional not stylish. some of these guys dress ok, nothing spectacular in either direction really. I think theres just a wide difference in taste and reason for dressing a particular way. It seems they get love from the ladies and Ill vouch on wearing bright colors and other douchebaggery items as getting attention from good looking and very respectable gals.....and trampy ones as well.

the game is a must read, its unbelievable and a great laugh/ time.

12. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Hehe, that's funny. I saw Mystery at a club in Hollywood a couple weeks ago.

13. hisroadside

14. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Haha. Though, some socially awkward dude did come up to one of the girls with us with some mystery-esque tactics. Must've been one of his clients.

Hope they weren't taping the show, I'm not trying to be on TV.

15. hisroadside

did he pull the old "me and my friend got a pet kangaroo for our appartment" there was another standard pick up line but I dont remember it.

16. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Naw style forum. The people there are so stuck up, so it really doesn't bother me. example "I don't trust shoes that retail under $500" Not to mention nearly 90% of the people in their waywt would get flamed to death over here, so it all balances out EDIT: Heres the latest two pics of the guys that are the main ones flaming me. I thought the second guy was a girl lol. It was the second guy that said the thing about the shoes. Keep in mind both of these guys probably paid around 3k to upwards of 5k for the outfits their wearing. Also, Im not going to post their pics out of privacy, but their linked if you wanna click them. http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...04-08_1258.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3094/...939dda4bed.jpg

17. Tcameron

Tcameron Senior member

Right, they seem to be concerned with things like fit and getting good deals (remind you of another site?) and don't seem to want to look like billboards (how most "stylish" teens dress). For a bunch of hs kids, I'm impressed.

Understood, but I shudder any time I see gradient sunglasses. I understand they may be coming into their own style as teens, even though arguably some look older and in their mid-20s, and I can respect them for turning their shoulders to AE, A&F, Hollister, etc.

At least it's one foot in the right direction, even if clad in a super square toe Steve Madden loafer.

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

LK never said shoes under $500 retail are trash, just that he personally didn't trust him since he is able to purchase shoes over that mark.

Haha. That blog is trash. It's like a less thought out GQ/Details/Esquire thing with even lamer clothes. Anything that on the first page has a link to a yesstyle type site, a boring/baggy revolve.com sweater, and an entry about shirts that rock being normal eason fitting button ups with embrodiary on one shoulder can't be good.

19. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

After reading the title, I was expecting my WAYWT contributions to be re-posted here. lol.

20. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

[​IMG]

And the women come running.

Seriously though, there's a lot of ideas behind that "peacocking" thing. Just my two cents; don't miss out on reading the articles on the blog just because the forums are ummm, not up to par.

peacocking is real shit yo. you just don't need to dedicate an entire forum to it. anything cool or hip thats out of the norm that you can wear, you can use to peacock. it seperates you from the rest of the crowd, can be a conversational piece.