• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Worst WAYWT Thread

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you find that? I'd love to see his other... "works". I'm starting to think that the $3400 new wardrobe guy isn't an anomaly, but rather the norm on the forum =/

Shraka

Reaction score
Some of the stuff on the actual blog is okay. It's written by different people though, so some of it sucks.

Originally Posted by TyCooN
This guy is going to break your heart: http://www.kinoimageconsulting.com/mike/

He doesn't look as bad as he could... 'cept his pants are too long... and he should wear nicer shoes... and he has the douche cut t-shirts.

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
How did you find that? I'd love to see his other... "works". I'm starting to think that the $3400 new wardrobe guy isn't an anomaly, but rather the norm on the forum =/

go read that book, The Game by Neil Strauss (documents the subculture that spawned Kinowear)

the people who subscribe to that philosophy can be crazy...flying cross country / internationally for workshops on picking up women. a lot of them came across as extremely desparate in the book

spending like thousands on a brand new wardrobe in 1 day picked out by a "professional image consultant" for $580 is not a surprise

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whoa don't knock the game by neil strauss. go read mysterys book, neil strauss' book is just his experience in the game, mysterys book is like the rule book.

its useful information.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shraka
Some of the stuff on the actual blog is okay. It's written by different people though, so some of it sucks. He doesn't look as bad as he could... 'cept his pants are too long... and he should wear nicer shoes... and he has the douche cut t-shirts.
That's what I thought too, his outfits look way better than what your average person wears. This is StyleForum though so it must be a whole different ball game. so since the main reason they all dress like that is to help them get *****, casting aside your hate for flamboyant dressers, do you guys think it helps makes them successful with that?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so since the main reason they all dress like that is to help them get *****, casting aside your hate for flamboyant dressers, do you guys think it helps makes them successful with that?

I mean, does a man's clothing change the way he talks to women?

If guys struggle, its because of reasons deeper than appearance. I hope.

/disney

LooseChange

Reaction score
^It's just one part of the whole pick up artist game. The whole confidence loop thing.

feel like **** / no game --> dress better --> get complimented --> feel better

--> take action (because of bravado/confidence) --> succeed --> gain more/true confidence

--> succeed more

Then it loops. I'm not saying that clothes are everything. It's just a way to feel that you stand out from the crowd and what not.

Joshua Arson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
I mean, does a man's clothing change the way he talks to women?

If guys struggle, its because of reasons deeper than appearance. I hope.

/disney

I have so much more confidence now that I don't just wear some crappy graphic tee and relaxed fit jeans that are two sizes too big. It's amazing how much it helps, especially if you're kind of awkward to begin with.

Of course, if I dressed like most of the guys at kinowear I'd probably have less confidence because I'd hopefully realize how much I looked like a tool.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^...
frown.gif
frown.gif
Also, I've left the house looking like them once, thinking it was "badass-looking." Exited my front door, turned around, and immediately went back inside to change.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought too, his outfits look way better than what your average person wears.

The average person dresses like utter ****. Being better dressed than the average person is not a compliment in anyway.

so since the main reason they all dress like that is to help them get *****, casting aside your hate for flamboyant dressers, do you guys think it helps makes them successful with that?

Maybe. It could definitely help get attention. But to be honest, most girls don't have a clue about mens style. Like I said, the average person dresses like utter ****. But the average guy can get girls. In the end, the method of dress is just a loud obnoxious way to attract attention. Girls don't really care about how a guy dresses, the only way it really helps is by giving the guy a boost of confidence.

This is StyleForum though so it must be a whole different ball game.

To me, that is the reason why I really like SF. It places emphasis on such things as fit, quality, and details. It's not about being obnoxiously loud with your outfit and getting noticed. It's about things that look great, feel great, and will still look good in 5-10 years.

It's not about whether or not your shirt has a dragon embroidered on it. It's about the MOP buttons, the higher armholes, sea island cotton fabric, and how it all subtly blends together. As in if someone saw you walking down the street, they would think that you look good, but not quite be able to put their finger on it.

The purchases I have made because of Styleforum, I feel they can last me years, some even my lifetime. I have learned that such things as shoes, if properly maintained, can last me a very long time. Same thing with shirts, jeans, suits, etc.

Also it has allowed me to develop my own sense of style, and a backbone, which none of these guys have. It's all about following whatever trends are pushed on them, loud graphic tees, ugly square toed shoes, etc. To them it's all about outdoing one another, which is why they would applaud such gaudy tacky outfits. Loud outfits, to me, is not a replacement for good fit.

I mean seriously, how laughable is this? Horrible, ugly tie, way to wide for him, tied badly, way too long, along with an AE shirt and cheap distressed jeans? Not to mention the whole glasses indoors thing, I bet he wore flip flops with that outfit too. The entire outfit reeks of cheap and trashy and the need for desperation and attention. The most saddening thing, is that he probably thinks that he is "the ****" and well dressed. These types of outfits, anyone can put together by walking into Guess/Armani Exchange/Buckle/Express and throwing on as much random pieces as possible. These outfits are trendy, but ultimately, not timeless, as style is.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I think "desperate for attention" pretty much sums it up... you see girls do this too by wearing things that push up and show off most of their ****. Often it gets the attention they're looking for, but at the same time, it always looks trashy. If you come off as an attention whore, a lot of people are just going to find you irritating.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
The average person dresses like utter ****. Being better dressed than the average person is not a compliment in anyway.
I would say it is when you're surrounded by average people.

Originally Posted by Lel
Maybe. It could definitely help get attention. But to be honest, most girls don't have a clue about mens style. Like I said, the average person dresses like utter ****. But the average guy can get girls. In the end, the method of dress is just a loud obnoxious way to attract attention. Girls don't really care about how a guy dresses, the only way it really helps is by giving the guy a boost of confidence.
I'm going to disagree with that. Your average person has sex for the first time at 17, and your average male only nails 6 women in his sex life. Assuming he settles down and gets married at 30, that's not even one new girl every year, keep in mind that I'm being generous by using 30.

Originally Posted by Lel
To me, that is the reason why I really like SF. It places emphasis on such things as fit, quality, and details. It's not about being obnoxiously loud with your outfit and getting noticed. It's about things that look great, feel great, and will still look good in 5-10 years.

It's not about whether or not your shirt has a dragon embroidered on it. It's about the MOP buttons, the higher armholes, sea island cotton fabric, and how it all subtly blends together. As in if someone saw you walking down the street, they would think that you look good, but not quite be able to put their finger on it.

The purchases I have made because of Styleforum, I feel they can last me years, some even my lifetime. I have learned that such things as shoes, if properly maintained, can last me a very long time. Same thing with shirts, jeans, suits, etc.

Also it has allowed me to develop my own sense of style, and a backbone, which none of these guys have. It's all about following whatever trends are pushed on them, loud graphic tees, ugly square toed shoes, etc. To them it's all about outdoing one another, which is why they would applaud such gaudy tacky outfits. Loud outfits, to me, is not a replacement for good fit.

I mean seriously, how laughable is this? Horrible, ugly tie, way to wide for him, tied badly, way too long, along with an AE shirt and cheap distressed jeans? Not to mention the whole glasses indoors thing, I bet he wore flip flops with that outfit too. The entire outfit reeks of cheap and trashy and the need for desperation and attention. The most saddening thing, is that he probably thinks that he is "the ****" and well dressed. These types of outfits, anyone can put together by walking into Guess/Armani Exchange/Buckle/Express and throwing on as much random pieces as possible. These outfits are trendy, but ultimately, not timeless, as style is.

I agree with this.

cufflinks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
To them it's all about outdoing one another, which is why they would applaud such gaudy tacky outfits. Loud outfits, to me, is not a replacement for good fit.
I don't think these guys are necessarily about following trends. A few of them might be, but a great many are all about the fit and the details as you say. The blog itself actually has entire articles stressing the importance of good fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads