• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2017 MLB Season Thread

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
There will certainly be ups and downs during the season because that's the way baseball go.

ron-washington-claw.jpg

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Boston record: Oh and sox.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great comeback for the O's last night. I think we send down Bergensen when Matuz comes off the DL.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll say this... team go through awful stretches at every part of the season, there are 0-10 runs in July, August etc.

However, this being the start of the season it seems like it is awful but perspective here. They've played 3.7% of the season. Not that there isn't cause for concern but we're blowing the start out of perspective.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ They say you can't win the pennant win April, but you sure can lose it.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Great comeback for the O's last night. I think we send down Bergensen when Matuz comes off the DL.

looking forward to the Rangers' series against them starting today. Should be a pretty good early season matchup between two hot teams.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Manny Ramirez retires, enters rehab. Manny being Manny.

Edit: Not entering rehab, another positive test. Manny is a douche!

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
haha manny don't let the door hit you on the way out, you giant sulking piece of dog ****.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Red Sox set to go on 155-game tear!

That ended quick!! In other news Zack Britton is a beast. See you in October O's!!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And look at that, in one weekend the Red Sox have erased 1/3 of their deficit in the AL East which is proof that...STANDINGS THIS EARLY IN THE SEASON BARELY MEAN ANYTHING.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
And look at that, in one weekend the Red Sox have erased 1/3 of their deficit in the AL East which is proof that...STANDINGS THIS EARLY IN THE SEASON BARELY MEAN ANYTHING.

from a perspective standpoint yes it doesn't mean as much. but from a numbers perspective 6 loses is still six loses, just as six wins is six wins. 2-7 suuuuuuuuuuucks.

baseball is always better to analyze in bigger chunks like 20game (even better if 30 to appease the sample size gods) stretches.

what i find interesting is how many relevant "characters" from Moneyball were playing in that sawx-yanks series.

nick swisher, youkilis, chavez, theo epstein, john henry, mike cameron, ect...

even the newer "advanced baseball stat Gods" players are in there: Crawford, Gonzolez, pedroia, textiera, cc sabathia...

It amuses me when they pan the camera up to the owners suite and you can see Theo Epstein with his caucasian entourage looking down at his creation like a proud fantasy team owner.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mafgd