• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two and a Half Men cancelled...

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
The only episode I remotely enjoyed was the one Megan Fox was in.

+1 It was the only I enjoyed as well. As a matter of fact, it's the only episode I've ever been able to watch from start to finish.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She made trashy look so, so good.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
You don't have to feel sorry for them, but there are other people involved in a tv show like this. This sort of screws them over.

Yes, there are, but this discussion was about the three star actors. I have a hard time pitying people that make millions and find that cash flow gone.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dr.no
I heard on the radio that it banked $3m in ad revenues per episode.

How can shows afford to pay salaries such as 2m an episode? Is it ad revenue + dvd sales, plus syndication? Or what? 3m seems high, but that's only 50% more than Sheens salary alone.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OxxfordSJLINY
Me too. This show needed to be cancelled much more than Ghost Whisperer (or GW for short) did.

Personality wise, Jennifer Love Hewitt (or JLH for short, who is often misunderstood where she is much better than she is perceived to be) is as much (or almost as much) the opposite of Charlie Sheen (or CS for short) and Denise Richards (or DR for short) as anybody (or at least anybody in Hollywood) could possibly be.

Originally Posted by OxxfordSJLINY
If you are asking about Ghost Whisperer, yes, that was cancelled on Tuesday, May 18th, 2010. The series finale for GW aired at 8:00PM Eastern Daylight Time on Friday, May 21st, 2010.

Two And A Half Men was cancelled because Charlie Sheen did with Two And A Half Men what Katherine Heigl did with her only three successes that equally short, mid and long term (which would be Grey's Anatomy, Knocked up and Roswell). This would be biting the hands that feed, throwing a tirade about it and acting like a teenager about it. JLH does the exact opposite of this with her successes. In that regard, KH and CS could learn a lot from JLH about how to act about your successes.

You make me laugh. And creep me out. And I suspect you really, really, really creep Jennifer Love Hewitt out.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
How can shows afford to pay salaries such as 2m an episode? Is it ad revenue + dvd sales, plus syndication? Or what? 3m seems high, but that's only 50% more than Sheens salary alone.

By the time salaries get that big, the show has been in production a while (i.e: large number of episodes, which is attractive for syndication) and they're banking on all kinds of revenue in the future: DVD, syndication, merchandizing, etc. Many successful shows never make money until they've been off the air for some time. Friends was a good example.

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
By the time salaries get that big, the show has been in production a while (i.e: large number of episodes, which is attractive for syndication) and they're banking on all kinds of revenue in the future: DVD, syndication, merchandizing, etc. Many successful shows never make money until they've been off the air for some time. Friends was a good example.

The same can be said of big budget movies.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone please explain to me why 2 1/2 men was so popular? It wasn't funny and Charlie Sheen is the definition of batshit crazy even before the anti-Semitic call in show rant against his producer today which will hopefully be his Mel Gibson moment.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
Someone please explain to me why 2 1/2 men was so popular? It wasn't funny and Charlie Sheen is the definition of batshit crazy even before the anti-Semitic call in show rant against his producer today which will hopefully be his Mel Gibson moment.
15 million viewers per episode. It'll take more than a couple crazy rants to sink the ship beyond profit.
Originally Posted by Teacher
Huh, I did not know that. I assumed that the initial run + sales was where they made money,and the syndication was a bonus. It explains why so many shows are cancelled after 1 season or 2.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
You make me laugh. And creep me out. And I suspect you really, really, really creep Jennifer Love Hewitt out.

jennifer love hewitt? oh, you mean JLH, the actress who is often misunderstood where she is much better than she is perceived to be.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****, I think we'll be quoting this stuff for years to come! Pure gold!

"I wish [Chuck Lorre] nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words "” imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists."

"Newsflash, I'm special. The only thing I'm addicted to right now is winning."

"I was shackled and oppressed by the cult of AA for 22 years, I finally extracted myself from their troll hole and started living my life the way I want to live it. "

"There's a new sheriff, and he has an army of assassins. My motto now is either you love or you hate and you must do so violently. I don't live in the middle anymore. That's where you get embarrassed. If you love with violence and you hate with violence there is nothing that can be questioned."

"A turd [and a] clown. [I embarrassed him] in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that his un-evolved mind cannot process."

"I'm not Thomas Jefferson. He was a *****!"

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else thinks he sounds like Mickey in "Natural Born Killers"?
495599912_64b95a6c6f_z.jpg

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Holy ****, I think we'll be quoting this stuff for years to come! Pure gold!

"I wish [Chuck Lorre] nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words "” imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists."

"Newsflash, I'm special. The only thing I'm addicted to right now is winning."

"I was shackled and oppressed by the cult of AA for 22 years, I finally extracted myself from their troll hole and started living my life the way I want to live it. "

"There's a new sheriff, and he has an army of assassins. My motto now is either you love or you hate and you must do so violently. I don't live in the middle anymore. That's where you get embarrassed. If you love with violence and you hate with violence there is nothing that can be questioned."

"A turd [and a] clown. [I embarrassed him] in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that his un-evolved mind cannot process."

"I'm not Thomas Jefferson. He was a *****!"

Charlie Sheen is the Ghadaffi of Tv celebrity.
you know what,some of what he is saying actually makes sense to me
uhoh.gif

especially this gem "I don't live in the middle anymore. That's where you get embarrassed."

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo20