• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
motherfucker cockknobller hook me up or stop posting this suff!

I AM THE HOOK-UP ! (wtf is a cockknobller ?)

you're a sz.7 right ? can't buy that stuff if you don't PM me first, too hard to sell.

also, will answer all PMs first thing in the morning, too tired now.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I just received those wjk sweatpants that I ordered from Japan. The quality is incredible and makes the W+H sweatpants I own look like some cheap thing I bought at AA.

I never did feel comfortable wearing the W+H sweats in public since they made me feel like I had just crawled out of bed. But these wjk ones are more than passable in this area. They actually look less casual than many of the jeans I regularly wear.

wjk is like what W+H would be if they were to up their quality to the next level and drop the excessive reliance on a workwear theme-- lots of high quality basics combined with great outerwear pieces.

It seems like very few brands outside of this one are willing to venture into this area of ultra high quality basics. But can you blame them when even the spend happy members of this forum are largely unwilling to a $100 t-shirt?

Um.. have you seen their F/W selection this year...?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Ideefixee

Dude W+H is good, but laden with heaps of workwear details, even the t shirts

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
Allow me to resume my spamming

IMG_3404-1.jpg

IMG_3412-1.jpg
IMG_3435-1.jpg

IMG_3386-1-1.jpg
IMG_3440-1.jpg

****. What size are the Author cardigans? looks like my kopp-schedules about to get fucked up again, wouldn't mind so much in this case though.
smile.gif

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
@ Ideefixee Dude W+H is good, but laden with heaps of workwear details, even the t shirts
Maybe he misunderstood my point, which was that I really want to like W+H but it is seriously disappointing compared to a brand like wjk. And W+H's over reliance on workwear in their latest collection is not helping matters any. Their workwear influence is starting to feel overtly forced, as if were done primarily in order to gain marketshare-- no different than what Gap has been doing lately. While many feel I'm making a poor comparison (especially since wjk is more expensive), consider that both labels share a common theme of offering mostly high quality basics combined with some better than basic outwear pieces. And neither brand attempts to look overly "designer" or set trends with their looks-- instead the main draw is high quality basics with a slim fit. While I expected wjk would be slightly better than W+H, I am honestly shocked by how far beyond W+H it is in terms of fit, quality, and design. Relatively sneaking, the wjk sweats really do make the W+H sweats seem like AA level stuff!

Brinbro

Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah. What makes it better? At least try to quantify your bullshit.

They're totally different brands. What each does well, they do extremely well. 'Nuff said.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ideefixee Please stop quoting the pictures and/or text directly above your posts. You're doing it in several threads and it's giving me a headache. When it's obvious what your responding to, there's no need to quote.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
Blah, blah, blah. What makes it better? At least try to quantify your bullshit.

They're totally different brands. What each does well, they do extremely well. 'Nuff said.

Wjk is really good man, I think even Fuuma said it's really good Too bad it's all small BB1 sized stuff, I was interested in their M65 alike coats

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah. What makes it better? At least try to quantify your bullshit. They're totally different brands. What each does well, they do extremely well. 'Nuff said.
I highly doubt you have handled both brands in person, so I find your characterization of my comments as being "bullshit" to be laughable. Quality-wise W+H is not even in the same ballpark as wjk. Some things that have been better on every wjk piece I've seen.... 1. Far better fabrics. Many of wjk's fabrics are just insane, whereas W+H fabrics are nice quality but nothing super special. 2. Stitching is always better. I have never seen a single loose thread on a wjk piece, but I cannot say the same for W+H. And the stitching on most wjk products is far more re-enforced than any piece from W+H I've seen. 3. Hardware is nicer. Fancier looking Riri zips on everything, horn buttons, fasteners, etc. Never seen a wjk product with plastic buttons, but I've seen plenty of W+H products using them! 4. The designs look more flattering when worn. W+H pieces routinely look awkward in many fit pics on this forum. And it's not just me who has noticed this pattern, but many others as well. Shall I find the relevant posts and compile a summary of how common this observation as been? By contrast every wjk piece I've seen posted in a fit pic has garnered praise. For example, I experienced the same phenomena myself with those W+H sweatpants. On multiple occasions since owning them I have received comments from others claiming they look kind of "funny" on me. But the wjk sweatpants are exactly the opposite, nothing but praise for how good they look on me. In my experience, this is common problem with W+H. For being a brand of mostly basics, it's surprisingly difficult brand to make outfits comprised of their pieces look really good. The all too common nature of this leads me to label this as a design weakness of W+H. As I said before, wjk is not truly like W+H but I see a lot of similarities with the two brands. Both are focused mostly on basics with a slight military theme, with some more expensive outwear pieces offered too. And neither of these brands are attempting to offer a full line suiting options etc. These days W+H is starting to look significantly different than wjk, but a few years back the two brands used to look a lot more similar stylistically. This is due to W+H changing more towards a work wear aesthetic while wjk has not. FYI, I don't hate W+H nor am I claiming it is impossible to build a good outfit using their pieces. I continue to wear the brand myself and have a few W+H pieces that I've been able to make work well for me. What I am claiming is the brand is vastly overrated and is far more popular on this forum than it has any right to be. I would garner that the marketers of this label are outpacing the design.

Brinbro

Reaction score
I can't even begin to respond to all of that. I understand where you're coming from, but I realize you have quite a bias towards Japanese designers. I've never had a problem with any W+H product - be it fit, design, fabric, et cetera. Finding good labor in Canada is, I imagine, much more difficult but it's pretty great they design and create their fabrics in-house for the most part. Loose threads, 'hardware', fabric, and fit are entirely subjective - this is why I called bullshit. I've never handled WJK and I never will.

Also, I've seen some really poorly chosen W+H pieces here as well (as I have almost every brand...comes with the territory), almost exclusively tiger fleeces of some sort in fit pictures. Whether you want to blame that on the company or the person doing the buying is entirely up to you, but I think I'll choose the latter.

Finally, you're an xs, so things will likely fit slightly 'weird' on you considering that fact. Isn't that why you import so much of your clothing?

I used to really like your insight in this forum, but lately you've become somewhat elitist with a mocking, condescending tone. That's the last thing this forum needs.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't even begin to respond to all of that. I understand where you're coming from, but I realize you have quite a bias towards Japanese designers. I've never had a problem with any W+H product - be it fit, design, fabric, et cetera. Finding good labor in Canada is, I imagine, much more difficult but it's pretty great they design and create their fabrics in-house for the most part. Loose threads, 'hardware', fabric, and fit are entirely subjective - this is why I called bullshit. I've never handled WJK and I never will.

Also, I've seen some really poorly chosen W+H pieces here as well (as I have almost every brand...comes with the territory), almost exclusively tiger fleeces of some sort in fit pictures. Whether you want to blame that on the company or the person doing the buying is entirely up to you, but I think I'll choose the latter.

Finally, you're an xs, so things will likely fit slightly 'weird' on you considering that fact. Isn't that why you import so much of your clothing?

I used to really like your insight in this forum, but lately you've become somewhat elitist with a mocking, condescending tone. That's the last thing this forum needs.

I've bought heaps of W+H and handled plenty of their other stuff, there are problems with fit changing constantly season to season, with loose stitching, buttons coming off and it could be better. From what I've heard it's getting better over time though.

The problem with WJK is no distribution, BB1. Prices are pretty good for W+H too, it's really affordable. Also, WJK pretty much only goes up to a medium from what I've seen.

I don't really know why your arguing to be honest, Brinbro has never handled WJK and never wants too and BB1 is a massive japanafan.
laugh.gif

Brinbro

Reaction score
I agree.

I think we're fighting because BB1 feels a need to inflate his ego and justify his purchase ($300, cotton, black sweatpants) by bragging on an internet forum how much better X brand is better than Y in totally subjective terms. I am not sure what this accomplishes since you're alienating everyone who enjoys brand Y (which is a lot of people on this forum).

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** man, why can't you post:

I agree. BB1, I hope you enjoy your new pants. Throw up some shots for us!

Instead of:

I agree.

I think we're fighting because... douche douche douche douche douche

Just leave it man, your arguing over ******* sweatpants that you have no intention of ever finding out about or handling, when he has them both and can post the comparison. FFS.

Brinbro

Reaction score
That was a pretty bi-polar sequence from you. I've said enough on this topic I don't know why you're trying to drag it out?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmileFile