• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2010

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by himself
YES! those desert pants look great... i'd love a pair or two. i hope there's some stockists in NA.

Originally Posted by Johnny Amiga
I need those desert pants. Hopefully Oi Polloi or The Bureau will carry them.

I agree, the desert pants are looking appealing to me. I checked eggplant and looks like the measurements are on the slimmer side too which is a good change from the fatigue pants which I just couldn't pull off as much as I loved them.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will the Nepenthes NYC store be the only stockist for the EG x McNairy shoes/boots?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edward Jacket

548e18ae.jpg

5fc183c1.jpg

8d7bc258.jpg

Fanny Pac

8c117d82.jpg

117b3686.jpg

More of the Hartford 3/4 Pants

ae14e0e1.jpg

81c8a9f4.jpg
f1a588dd.jpg

16a3691b.jpg

Cotton Wool Jacquard Cinch Vest

5dd1b6c6.jpg
eaf6c84e.jpg

0e720880.jpg
2ca9f8e7.jpg

Various Images

a8eb6ca2.jpg

aec433f7.jpg

7e6d5f56.jpg

0f943f9a.jpg

b7fde10a.jpg

c42acdcb.jpg

aed7aa7c.jpg

fce44946.jpg

ee22dfee.jpg

6daf3d06.jpg

c68c5ffc.jpg

841d66a5.jpg

77b93565.jpg

40234ad7.jpg

5965942b.jpg

acf72010.jpg

c3820898.jpg

4963ee73.jpg

843761ac.jpg

7cbffa4c.jpg

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the cotton flannel work shirt in rust/tan/navy. Anyone know where I can find it??
aed7aa7c.jpg

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So is that cable knit joint meant to be worn regularly like a jacket, or was using the term "jacket" just EG's sly way of charging $400+ for a sweater?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to be a top layer. Don't think there's much room to layer anything on top of it. I like the pattern quite a bit. Yeah, $400 is a bit steep for a sweater/cardigan jacket, but you get what you pay for in this case.

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
It's supposed to be a top layer. Don't think there's much room to layer anything on top of it. I like the pattern quite a bit. Yeah, $400 is a bit steep for a sweater/cardigan jacket, but you get what you pay for in this case.

I agree, the pattern is great but the price is steep. I hope I can find one reduced later in the season.

I also like the flannel work shirt in rust/tan/navy but it is not a need, at this time. My needs are a pant (narrowed down to desert or utility) and a jacket (bedford in charcoal fleece, I think). My wants are anything I can find on sale including the flannel work shirt in rust/tan/navy, cable knit jacket, fireman's shirt jacket, tab collar shirt, etc.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Context and Stuart & Wright have more stuff up. I wish those hartford jackets were a tad longer.

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Context and Stuart & Wright have more stuff up. I wish those hartford jackets were a tad longer.
The Hartford jacket looks good. I will probably be lambasted by the forum for saying this but in my opinion the Context EG buys the past two seasons were weak. This season Context focused on black and grey (which I understand are staple colors for any f/w season), however, with the variety of great pieces EG is offering I am surprised they did not choose to stock other colors/patterns. I admit they understand their customer base better than I do but I would love to see them stock pieces in more colors. On another note, the Context guys have a great reputation and everyone I speak with say it is a stand-up operation. With this said, I am considering getting the WWM Ranger Pant in Herringbone Wool. Also, S&W pricing and shipping is ridiculous. They are based in Brooklyn and charge a higher MSRP for EG than Odin, which is in the middle of Manhattan. In addition, shipping is US$15 for one item. I am 28 miles from the store and you are charging US$15 UPS ground? My gripe with S&W goes beyond pricing. I called them three times during their sample sale to inquire about EG stock and they chose to not provide me with any information. S&W's response was, "come in to the store", even after I explained I was not located in the immediate area. Also, why are they able to sell EG directly online? Sorry, for my long diatribe on the subject.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joo Carter