• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2010

Peon

Reaction score
Hi guys i got a quick question
My shirt size is L with engineered garments
Should i get my EG field Parka in XL or L?

Can i get some help please?
frown.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peon
Hi guys i got a quick question
My shirt size is L with engineered garments
Should i get my EG field Parka in XL or L?

Can i get some help please?
frown.gif

Probably a large. Check the japanese sites for measurements.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got the boots today... free three day shipping from Sweden to West Coast US is pretty nice. The leather is decent and I think will do just fine - overall I am happy with them. My only complaints are the cheap feeling pull tabs and some of the poor finishing.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For $500 I think I would expect a little bit more than cheap feeling pull tabs and poor finishing.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They were actually just $400. They seem on par with sub $500 shoes though.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ hey Robin, did you get hit with any customs charges, and how does the grain leather look/feel?

I'm assuming the smooth leather might look/feel a bit plasticky but should loosen up with wear but I'm really interested to know how the grained leather looks/feels compared to say the classic ferragamo pebble grained leather, I mean is the grain really pronounced or is it more subtle and likely to smoothing out with wear?

$400 for the tall boots is not expensive at all but overall are they worth it? I want the black chukka's but have no way of checking them out irl before I buy them so really hopping to get some fb if possible, tia.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As mentioned above, the leather is decent, probably similar to what Allen Edmonds and Crockett & Jones use. The pebble grain is subtle, but I don't see it smoothing back out - it's also not as pronounced as the grain that Ferragamo presses into their leathers.

No customs charges yet.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks^

I also wonder why the tall boots were $400 @ tres bien, I had read that the lace ups and slip ons would retail around 400, the chukkas around 500 and the high boots around 600, hopping the nephentes store has similar retail prices to tres bien.

hobojones

Reaction score
Woah, any more info on that Darby Jacket? Stockists? I think I may have just found my EG splurge for this season.

yuljo

Reaction score
Took a look at Jonathan & Olivia's buy of EG and I was quite disappointed with the selection. Just a lot of greys, dark greys and blacks. Does anyone know what Nomad will be getting?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics