• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camera pics were extra ****** today (sorry), but thought I'd post anyway.

100_2445.jpg

100_2446.jpg

100_2448.jpg

- Mac coat: MJK (love this to combat the ****** rain)
- Sweater: Jacrew
- Shirt: BoO plum stripe oxford
- Pants: Incotex

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Border123 -
1. welcome
2. Keep posting, and while it doesn't all have to be "great stuff" because of course people will criticize which is good because it's generally helpful feedback, try to at least use decent pictures and make a little bit of effort to post stuff that's somewhat interesting.
3. **** 3
4. You don't have to respond to everything everyone says. Just post pics, read comments and improve and keep posting.
5. Feedback has been given. If you want to wear undershirts, use v-necks. Iron that collar and tuck it in. Use v-neck sweaters instead of crew. Move the shirt sleeve button so it stops at the top of your hand max. Sweater's too big. Use better/clearer pictures.

Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
DSC01681.jpg

I think it's been said, but top and bottom seem a little off. right idea, maybe wrong execution. I think either no sportscoat (weather permitting) or something that's an unstructured "sportscoat" styled jacket. I find anything with shoulder pads + shoulder strap = weird fit

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Something about the sweater collar seems weird, might want to leave it down under the coat

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
Wow, that's a pretty good dye job. What kind of dye, and how much did you have to use?

Thanks. After some considering its negatives, I decided to go with Rit dye. It is a jacket so it won't get frequent washings so I figured I didnt need to deal with the expense/hassle of fancier dyes.

I used on packet of tan powder and half a bottle of tangerine liquid (thats how it came...otherwise I would have used both liquids or both powders). Use HOT water on a freshly washed, wet garment (just out of the spin cycle should be great)...I added some amount of salt as well and maybe a bit of white vinnegar (can't remember). I did it in a big bucket and agitated like crazy for a while but it still came out slightly splotchy although it is mostly visible on the inside. I am going to wash and dye it again at some point, and I will try using the laundry machine technique (but I need to do it at a friends who doesn't have crappy pay machines with no settings). Hopefully doing it again will preserve the color or make it a little darker but even it out somewhat.

Originally Posted by Border123
Well I don't know what qualifies as a proper post here so I'll just ******* stop then
confused.gif

Ok fine, a bit of constructive criticism. Your clothes are too big, and they make you look fat. You may not be fat, but it looks like it--you don't want to wear clothes that do that right? The sleeves are too long and falling poorly and don't work out with the sweater.

As for the pictures, don't bother if you can't do it right. I can understand taking a crappy picture if you were wearing something awesome and wanted to share but couldnt find a camera...but not in your situation. You want advice on fit...and we can't even see the entire article of clothing, much less your entire body. If you do it right, you will still have dbags responding...but atleast they will be slightly more helpful dbags
smile.gif

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
A) Can't see **** in your photo other than the fact that your cuffs are fucked up and your collar is flopping out of your sweater
B) Posting a boring it is going to get you flak, who gives a damn if you put a bunch of nondescript clothes together in a fit pic that shows no details (and this actually goes for everyone, you'll see people bashing regulars just as much as newbies with fits like that)
C) Your sweater fits like a bag, there is no shape to it. IF you are indeed fit then wear clothes that accentuate that
D) Undershirts shouldn't be visible under a button-up
E) If you want anyone to actually help you, it's unwise to go after regulars, especially one of the few who has his own sense of style

dude hes a noob. take it easy on him.
btw. when was the last time xenox posted a fit pic? last one i remember seeing was of him in some relatively feminine looking black top with bizarro round glasses that everyone associated with harry pothead. time for some new material.

Border123: in case you didn't know this already, xenox and uncuntrol are like the yin and the yang of this forum. they keep each other in check. when one gets his period, the other one acts like a tampon. often times they provide this forum with comments that serve as the foundation for everyone else's ridicule. conner is just acting bigtyme cuz he recently discovered (via his last fit pic) that if he blocks out his face, people don't bash on him as much for looking like a 12 year old trash talker.

watch out for erzu. hes one of the ugliest trolls under the bridge and doesn't even post fit pics. so at least you have +1 on him

Border123

Reaction score
Not gonna lie probably just going back to tshirt/jeans and minding my own at this point haha. I clearly am way off base on what looks good even after lurking here for a very long time.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
when one gets his period, the other one acts like a tampon.
Best analysis of Xencontrol (or Uncox?)

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well lets put it this way 6'0'' 180 lbs, big chest/shoulders/arms but smaller mid. I live in a climate where it is -20 9 months of the year. Where should I start? Pea coats will look like **** on me because anything that doesn't form fit well will make me look fat in a picture because of the silhouette.

Start by looking at Kunk's fit pits, he's built as **** and dresses well. Wears a lot of Rick and Prada iirc

I'm ~125-130lbs, I can't even comprehend 180lbs.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not gonna lie probably just going back to tshirt/jeans and minding my own at this point haha. I clearly am way off base on what looks good even after lurking here for a very long time.
If the t-shirt and jeans fit you in a way that flatters your body type, that's fine.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Start by looking at Kunk's fit pits, he's built as **** and dresses well. Wears a lot of Rick and Prada iirc

you're gonna tell this guy to buy rick and prada? christ man. thats like giving the ring of power to a ******* goblin. you couldn't come up with something a little more in between for him to start off with?

ranker

Reaction score

They crossed the line but don't ***** out and stop trying. Just learn to weed out the constructive criticism from the ruhtards. You had the balls to post. That's a great start already. Keep trying and you'll get it down.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Too busy with a gallery opening to participate much here but I want to be on the record as a fan of scott.m. Well dressed + moxie= win. His join date is a little over a year ago, have I just overlooked his contributions?

Border123

Reaction score
you're gonna tell this guy to buy rick and prada? christ man. thats like giving the ring of power to a ******* goblin. you couldn't come up with something a little more in between for him to start off with?

I've actually been starting with lands end stuff not sure if that's any good was going to pick up

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...ULTS&color=020

But may not now as I am questioning myself
shog[1].gif

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
conner is just acting bigtyme cuz he recently discovered (via his last fit pic) that if he blocks out his face, people don't bash on him as much for looking like a 12 year old trash talker.

hey there mister i havent been twelve for this many years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanieSmerth