• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Border123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
we dont have a problem with any big bros but thats no excuse for

1. ****** picture
2. ill fitting stuff
4. ****** pictures of ill fitting stuff

Well I don't know what qualifies as a proper post here so I'll just ******* stop then
confused.gif

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we dont have a problem with any big bros but thats no excuse for

1. ****** picture
2. ill fitting stuff
4. ****** pictures of ill fitting stuff

3. ????

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Border123
Well I don't know what qualifies as a proper post here so I'll just ******* stop then
confused.gif

well now lets not get so down mannnnnn

post, post pictures, read a lot, do your ****. but don't start **** and just accept criticism and comments gratefully. youll be aight and feel better about yourself when you've got a solid image

Border123

Reaction score
well now lets not get so down mannnnnn

post, post pictures, read a lot, do your ****. but don't start **** and just accept criticism and comments gratefully. youll be aight and feel better about yourself when you've got a solid image

I'll accept comments and even take **** posts, but he was obviously going for internet cooldude comment so he had it coming.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dxh3xx&s=6

Is the general image I am going for add in a random coat/scarf here and there change up the shirt color.

Is this a bad direction? Should I refrain from posting if I am going to be dressed like this?

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Help is one thing, "did your good clothes get stolen" is another. If you want to tell me why that is bad and give me a tip on how to fix it go ahead, I will gladly accept criticism. Straight up being a dick doesn't help anyone.

Like you said, I have recently made an effort to dress less in graphic tee/hoodie set ups, I figured that setup I posted was good enough after seeing the exact same thing 100x's throughout this thread, only difference being they were on super skinny people.

If the kid wants to talk **** I am going to talk it back.

while i didnt like your fit at all, i agree with your comment completely. if people are gonna be douche bags you have every right to put them in their place.

the problem with your fit is that your shirt and pullover are too big for you. could lose the white tshirt underneath as well. tuck your collar ends in. the quality of the foto is garbage and you only took a pic waist high. next time go outside and ask someone to take a pic of you in decent light from further away. tell them its for your gf who is studying abroad if u dont want people to know you have internet friends on a gay fashionista website. you're still a noob but after a while you'll notice the differences between your current fit and what others on here post. think of the hate as SF's method of saying "welcome to the forum." one day the force will be strong with you.....you will have internet power like ARW or Jet and you will realize how punchable xenox and conner's faces really are.

Originally Posted by otc
Shirt: old (not sure how old...but not at all like thier current stuff) gant ocbd
Pants: J.Crew vintage cord
Boots: Chippewa
Jacket: Rugby field jacket that I dyed orange (thinking about trying to take it in a little)
Hat: grandma ftw

gant is some good ****. great summer time boating clothes. comes from my home town. swedish owned. FTW

Originally Posted by Jekyll
Is this some new euphemism that you kids are using?
huh?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Help is one thing, "did your good clothes get stolen" is another. If you want to tell me why that is bad and give me a tip on how to fix it go ahead, I will gladly accept criticism. Straight up being a dick doesn't help anyone. Like you said, I have recently made an effort to dress less in graphic tee/hoodie set ups, I figured that setup I posted was good enough after seeing the exact same thing 100x's throughout this thread, only difference being they were on super skinny people. If the kid wants to talk **** I am going to talk it back.
A) Can't see **** in your photo other than the fact that your cuffs are fucked up and your collar is flopping out of your sweater B) Posting a boring it is going to get you flak, who gives a damn if you put a bunch of nondescript clothes together in a fit pic that shows no details (and this actually goes for everyone, you'll see people bashing regulars just as much as newbies with fits like that) C) Your sweater fits like a bag, there is no shape to it. IF you are indeed fit then wear clothes that accentuate that D) Undershirts shouldn't be visible under a button-up E) If you want anyone to actually help you, it's unwise to go after regulars, especially one of the few who has his own sense of style F) It's the ******* WAYWT discussion thread, basically the shitfest of SW&D, get used to it.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No he wasn't. Get used to this thread. That's a pretty horrible direction, you could do that in 10 minutes at Macy's.

Border123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
No he wasn't. Get used to this thread. That's a pretty horrible direction, you could do that in 10 minutes at Macy's.

Well lets put it this way 6'0'' 180 lbs, big chest/shoulders/arms but smaller mid. I live in a climate where it is -20 9 months of the year. Where should I start? Pea coats will look like **** on me because anything that doesn't form fit well will make me look fat in a picture because of the silhouette.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camera's getting fixed, enjoy this three-part mopile phone pic (cleaned my mirror AFTER this was taken) Geller 45rpm Uniqlo Veronique Branquinho

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Fail
ffffuuuu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NervesAidHealth