• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonicreducer
they retail for $197, which is the same price russell has listed for their mocs in the catalog.

i sized these the same as my quoddy's, meaning i went down a half size from true size. for reference, i wear a 10.5 in quoddy, vans authentics, and 10's in clark's DB.

i know that sizes and stock are pretty limited on these, and they do take phone orders for these.

I imagine you also wear a 10.5 in Sperry?

sonicreducer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I imagine you also wear a 10.5 in Sperry?

yea, 10.5 or 11 .. depends on whether i plan on going sockless with them.

with the russells .. i COULD have gone down to a 10, just because they are leather and will stretch a bit if i wanted them to, but i don't plan on ever wearing these without socks, just because they are a chukka cut and would look kind of weird with shorts. paired with some nice wool socks, these will be my go-to kicks for the nyc winter.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea, 10.5 or 11 .. depends on whether i plan on going sockless with them.

with the russells .. i COULD have gone down to a 10, just because they are leather and will stretch a bit if i wanted them to, but i don't plan on ever wearing these without socks, just because they are a chukka cut and would look kind of weird with shorts. paired with some nice wool socks, these will be my go-to kicks for the nyc winter.

That's what I figured. I would personally wear them with socks as well so that's great information, much appreciated. Your pics are great and have me thinking about choosing these over the Redwing Work Chukka I recently got (and can still return).

I take it you will sport these with Khaki's and/or jeans. I think they would look nice. I hate to ask, but if you find some time and can take a few pics worn with whatever pants/jeans you plan on sporting them with, I would love to see how they look. Either way, thanks for the input.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the following this weekend:
-Thermal henleys - black, grey
-Henley - white
-Thernal - grey
-Flannel - grey and red

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chessman305
shoutout to sonicreducer!

per his advice I called the men's shop on tuesday and ordered a pair of the russel's.

Nice. I'm close to doing the same. What size did you order out of curiosity? Pics when you get them, please.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chessman305
shoutout to sonicreducer!

per his advice I called the men's shop on tuesday and ordered a pair of the russel's.

So they are $197 before any discounts? Also, how much was shipping?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
btw mrs robert called to say she LOVES the Dream Knox sweater-jacket I sent for her birthday. See this.

robert scores points!

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just sayin if ya wants to score with yr wimminz... find a cozy sweater.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
was able to snap up a quick couple shots of the russell mocs i grabbed from the men's shop. only complaint is that i wish the laces were leather, but i plan on fixing that this weekend:

Just ordered mines, here are the sizes they have remaining:

Sorry but I scammed the last 10.5

They have one tall boot left, the one with a buckle strap running across the front with no laces. Not sure what size though as I was asking for the one with laces.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert

I like the sweater but my GF hates grey, if they made it in turquoise I'm on it. Bummer you can't be with her to cash in those points.

eusticity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert

As a wimminz, I can say I do love cozy sweaters; good job, Robert.

My Youngstown flannel came today and I am v. pleased with the weight, cut and feel.
I hope the grey and red flannel I saw in-store makes it online and in XS!

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sonicreducer would it be too much to ask to post some fit pics? I want to see how those russell mocs look all laced up.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
I like the sweater but my GF hates grey, if they made it in turquoise I'm on it. Bummer you can't be with her to cash in those points.

Yah. But I'm banking the points for reunion time, ya know.

Quote from mrs robert: "The charcoal grey is perfect!" I can't wait to see her in it. When I walked in the store and saw this, I could almost see her in it. It's just her.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52