• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eusticity
As a wimminz, I can say I do love cozy sweaters; good job, Robert.

My Youngstown flannel came today and I am v. pleased with the weight, cut and feel.
I hope the grey and red flannel I saw in-store makes it online and in XS!

Cool.

I find it interesting that you're finding men's stuff that works for you. When I was in the store one time trying stuff on, one of the clerks was talking to a woman who was frustrated that she couldn't find some of the clothes that were on the women's mannequins. The clerk told that's because the clothes were men's clothes! The clerk said they do that sometimes. So the woman asked to try them on but couldn't find a size small enough for her.

Sort of weird they do that.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting that women can wear mens clothing but when a man wears womenz clothing they're a weirdo...

eusticity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
I find it interesting that women can wear mens clothing but when a man wears womenz clothing they're a weirdo...

With all the ruffles they're putting on the women's clothing, either gender would make a weirdo.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
In general women's cuts are harder for (most) men to accomodate, whereas men's cuts, being fuller than women's, are easy for women to fit into. And yea, things like frills, for whatever reason, don't translate from fem to male but plainer designs translate the other way.

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Why is everyone jizzing all over the J Crew/Russell moccasins? They're exactly the same as the non "collaboration" moc chukkas that have been around since forever...

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can you get them for 15% off.... thats why

sonicreducer

Reaction score
and you don't have to wait weeks for them to be made. i went to the shop, tried 'em on, and walked out after paying $160.00. not bad.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2nd Page
censored.gif

Come on guys keep this off the second page.
Went to Ontario Mills and the factory store had some Pinstripe "Legacy" Suits for $80 originally $300+. They also had some nice knit ties(Factory store version), some regular J. Crew belts, and some shoes for the ladies.

shadrach

Reaction score
every fall during the final sale there is usually one day where a ****-ton of fall basics from the previous season are on sale for dirt cheap (lambswool sweaters 20 bucks etc). has this happened yet? i haven't been checking the site regularly.

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shadrach
every fall during the final sale there is usually one day where a ****-ton of fall basics from the previous season are on sale for dirt cheap (lambswool sweaters 20 bucks etc). has this happened yet? i haven't been checking the site regularly.

I know exactly what you're talking about but have no idea when that happens. Lucking in on the first day of a final sale with tons of items is so wonderful.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anybody been to the store this week?

I ask this for two reasons:

1. To bump the thread back to page 1.

2. To find out if they've delivered anything new. A manager told me there might be new stuff in the stores second week of September.

Report if you have any news.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
On another note, is it wrong that one's wardrobe is almost 90 percent all from one brand?

It's not that I don't like other stuff. It's just that I've found a brand that works for me. Makes me remember when I worked in the men's department of a department store and almost all my clothes came from there, b/c it was convenient and it worked.

Morgan

Reaction score
I really wanted that shawl-collar cable knit cardigan in wheat but it sold out in days. I called about a restock yesterday but the customer service person told me there was no restock indicated for that item in that color. Bummer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads