• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Ivy League Graduates?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you guys using to determine whether or not something is "overrated"?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^their gold-plated opinions.
laugh.gif

keggythekeg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Overrated: WashU, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Emory, Brown

Underrated: Georgetown, Johns Hopkins, Notre Dame

Oh, definitely, man, I don't really get why people fawn all over Northwestern. WashU is only relevant because they play the rankings game and people buy into it.
But I think Georgetown gets more credit than it deserves because of its prominence
And Hopkins is underrated because their excellent academics all around gets overshadowed by their med school and people saying "Oh Hopkins is ONLY good for med"
I think liberal arts colleges in general are all underrated. Poor things.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keggythekeg
Oh, definitely, man, I don't really get why people fawn all over Northwestern.

Hmm, maybe because it has one of the best journalism schools in the world, is a powerhouse in the entertainment industry, has the best marketing B school in the world and has very strong faculties in every single area? Not to mention that every now and then (like this year), they actually do pretty well in sports. The kids there are also very smart and considerably more social than the typical ivy league brat, with quite similar achievements scholastically.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Hmm, maybe because it has one of the best journalism schools in the world, is a powerhouse in the entertainment industry, has the best marketing B school in the world and has very strong faculties in every single area? Not to mention that every now and then (like this year), they actually do pretty well in sports. The kids there are also very smart and considerably more social than the typical ivy league brat, with quite similar achievements scholastically.
Hmmm, sounds like keggy has riled a Wildcat...
laugh.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Please note that we still own you on the football field and will also own you on the basketball court.

Did you hear us shaking our keys when you came over here?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you hear us shaking our keys when you came over here?
I only remember the weeping of NU fans as Pryor ripped your secondary to shreds.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only remember the weeping of NU fans as Pryor ripped your secondary to shreds.

I think they were weeping for joy, seeing all that cheap unskilled labor on the OSU sideline that they'd soon be able to tap into once they leave school.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they were weeping for joy, seeing all that cheap unskilled labor on the OSU sideline that they'd soon be able to tap into once they leave school.
laugh.gif
I'm sure all of your NU players are certifiable geniuses.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif
I'm sure all of your NU players are certifiable geniuses.

...compared to most of the mouth breathing behemoths from OSU?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
...compared to most of the mouth breathing behemoths from OSU?
We're smarter than the dumb Southern jocks at Florida, Georgia, Bama, etc.
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're smarter than the dumb Southern jocks at Florida, Georgia, Bama, etc.

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

You're comparing cat **** to dog ****.

In all seriousness, I'd never debate the athletic prowess of OSU vs Northwestern. I mean, give Northwestern some credit. It's a school that is a fraction of the size of OSU, has almost none of the recruiting leverage that OSU does, and has academic standards impossibly higher. It just isn't possible for a school like that to compete with OSU (despite the fact that we upset you 3 or 4 years ago). Still, we beat many of the teams in Big 10. In fact, OSU was our only real blowout loss. The IU game, everyone knows, was a huge upset for us to lose. We finished 24th in the nation which is really good for a "nerd" school with a tiny stadium. Several times in the Michigan State game we really made them worry, including injuring 3 of their players, all the while sustaining none ourselves. So, OSU was really the only time we were raped this season, and let's be honest, it would be pretty sad if OSU whose greatest distinction is its sports couldn't beat a little school like Northwestern.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78